Samsung Galaxy S5 issues

zzzzzzzhhh

I've have had the phone for 2 years and it had been working fine until last summer, where I had accidentally left it in my trunks pocket when I went out swimming, It had to be underwater for like 10 minutes or so before I realized it, thankfully, we were on holiday in Turkey at the time so I could leave the phone (without a lid or battery) on the balcony for days to dry. And eventually, it worked! But that came with a few issues.

1. The phone would shut off randomly.

2. Had to charge the phone to power it on.

3. The camera had a few dark spots where water got in.

4. When the phone was powered off it would constantly start beeping, the same beep you hear when I power it on.

5. Speakers are weak.

Nowadays, I am pretty sure all the water is out of the phone, and I am only having these issues now.

1. The camera had dark spots.

2. Speakers are weak.

But yesterday, things were getting weird, when I closed the phone (close the phone, not power it off), and I try to open it again, it would not open and would randomly make a beep sound, then the buttons on the bottom would light up, the only thing I can do to make it normal was removing the battery, when I did that I tried putting the battery back in, and it is back to making those beeping sounds I mentioned on point 4. So I tried charging the phone to power it on, and it still didn't do anything! I found the only way to power the phone on was charging it without the battery then waiting like an hour for the 'charging' sign to come up allowing me to power the phone and insert the battery back in. But it still won't open when the phone is closed (again, closed, not powered off).

What should I do?

could be a case of corrosion of the internal contacts. I doubt you can do anything about it.

I think you might have to look for a new phone and get as fast as possible your data off the old phone

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

8 minutes ago, 19_blackie_73 said:

could be a case of corrosion of the internal contacts. I doubt you can do anything about it.

I think you might have to look for a new phone and get as fast as possible your data off the old phone

But it worked perfectly for almost a year until it randomly started doing that a few days ago.

3 minutes ago, Vespertine said:

But it worked perfectly for almost a year until it randomly started doing that a few days ago.

maybe now the corrosion has come so far that it no longer works properly. Corrosion is nothing that comes overnight, it gets worse and worse over time

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/07/2017 at 9:57 AM, 19_blackie_73 said:

maybe now the corrosion has come so far that it no longer works properly. Corrosion is nothing that comes overnight, it gets worse and worse over time

But the thing is, the phone works perfectly once I finally get to power it on, no issues at all.