Need gaming mouse recommendation

Froody129

Hi all, 

I'm currently using the Devestator 2 M/KB combo. I play a lot of CSGO and I find the sensor is juddery and will often skip pixels, though I'm at a low sens (I am using a mouse pad). So I'm looking at a new mouse.

Places I'm buying from:

• evetech.co.za
  • rebeltech.co.za

I'm focused mainly on sensor performance since my current one is lacking. There's a sale on the G502, and I'm liking the G402 and G Pro.I don't need the G502 buttons but they're nice to have. The Rival series looks good. I'm worried about QC issues wih Razer, is it really an issue? I have pretty big hands. 

I would really like the mouse to be red/RGB to fit my setup

Any suggestions would be much appreciated

edit: budget is around R1000/$75. Cheaper is better but I could go slightly over if it's really worth it

That's an F in the profile pic

Steelseries Sensei [the Original]

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

6 minutes ago, Froody129 said:

Hi all, 

I'm currently using the Devestator 2 M/KB combo. I play a lot of CSGO and I find the sensor is juddery and will often skip pixels, though I'm at a low sens (I am using a mouse pad). So I'm looking at a new mouse.

Places I'm buying from:

• evetech.co.za
  • rebeltech.co.za

I'm focused mainly on sensor performance since my current one is lacking. There's a sale on the G502, and I'm liking the G402 and G Pro.I don't need the G502 buttons but they're nice to have. The Rival series looks good. I'm worried about QC issues wih Razer, is it really an issue? I have pretty big hands. 

edit: budget is around R1000/$75. Cheaper is better but I could go slightly over if it's really worth it

I'd 10/10 recommend the g402, it is hands down the best mouse I've ever had, if you think you need the extra buttons grab the 5202

Hi.

Strongly recommend the Razer Deathadder. Really simple but sleek design, good quality (I saw you were asking before, I've only had one but it came flawlessly and I wouldnt bat an eye at the thought of buying another mouse from razer if need be) it has two easy to press and easily distinguishable buttons on the side. the 2013 edition is a bit cheaper than the chroma edition, they are exactly the same mouse except the chroma can change colors (saw you said that red was preferrable, 2013 edition only has green lighting) Hope I helped :) 

Hi, the best optical mouses right now for CSGO are the G403, EC2 or EC1. 

I've tried all 3, my friend used to own a steelseries rival then switched to the EC2a and was really happy with his purchase, the majority of CSGO pros use this mouse, its all round good mouse with a friendly shape. If you have bigger hands, the EC1a could be a better option.

Personally, I am a logitech fanboy. I used to use the g400s and upgraded to the g403 earlier this year and fell in love with how good the sensor is. Logitech has also got the G-pro and that one also has a good sensor but the shape may not be for you. 

Sennheiser HD600 Logitech G304 White Anne Pro 2 LG27UL500

Ryzen 5 3600 + MSI B450i Gaming Plus AC in Fractal Design Nano S

25 minutes ago, DXMember said:

Steelseries Sensei [the Original]

I wouldn't get this mouse for fps, it has slight acceleration.

2 minutes ago, Sabron said:

I wouldn't get this mouse for fps, it has slight acceleration.

are you insane?

Sensei has the most complete configuration for mouse sensor:

• ExactSens
  • FreeMove
  • ExactAim
  • ExactAccel
  • PollingRate
  • ExactLift

All those are values you can set from Off, to 10

also Windows has built in mouse acceleration that you should turn off in Control Panel if you don't enjoy it.

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

1 minute ago, DXMember said:

are you insane?

• ExactSens
  • FreeMove
  • ExactAim
  • ExactAccel
  • PollingRate
  • ExactLift

also Windows has built in mouse acceleration that you should turn off in Control Panel if you don't enjoy it.

Actually if you do a bit of research you'll find out that the Avago sensor used inside the Sensei has built in acceleration.

40 minutes ago, Froody129 said:

Hi all, 

Places I'm buying from:

• evetech.co.za
  • rebeltech.co.za

Microsoft Basic Optical Mouse 

Just Kidding

Get the G402

PC Specs:Custom Built PC

CPU:AMD Ryzen 3 1200 GPU:Zotac GeForce GTX 1050 TI Mini RAM:Corsair Vengence 2400 MHz DDR4 Motherboard:ASUS Prime B350M-A AM4 Motherboard Case:Corsair 100R PSU:Corsair VS450 

Laptop Specs:Acer TravelMate 8472

CPU:Intel Core i5 560M Memory:2GB DDR3 CPU:Intel HD Graphics Case:Its a Laptop Motherboard:Laptop Motherboard

Personal bias as I'm also owner of said mouse. 

I'll chip in for the Logitech G403. Clean and excellent sensor, great ergonomics for larger hands, similar dimensions to Deathadder and EC1A. The only caveat may be a slight physical sensor offset it has, which hasn't been an issue for me, but may bug some users. Also the cable is pretty thick and not the most flexible. If you want something even simpler, there's also the G Pro, which is the same mouse, but with a different silhouette. 

OS: W10 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth P67 | CPU: i7 2600k @ 4.6 | RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz | GPU: x2 MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G | Storage: x2 WD CB 1TB, x1 WD CB 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM850x | Spare a moment for Night Theme Users:

Spoiler

I'm an erudite cave-dwelling Troglodyte
I frequent LinusTechTips past midnight
Dark backgrounds I crave 
For my sun-seared red gaze
I'll molest you if you don't form your text right

3 minutes ago, Gaurav S Rao said:

Microsoft Basic Optical Mouse 

Just Kidding

Get the G402

1 minute ago, LooneyJuice said:

Personal bias as I'm also owner of said mouse. 

I'll chip in for the Logitech G403. Clean and excellent sensor, great ergonomics for larger hands, similar dimensions to Deathadder and EC1A. The only caveat may be a slight physical sensor offset it has, which hasn't been an issue for me, but may bug some users. Also the cable is pretty thick and not the most flexible. If you want something even simpler, there's also the G Pro, which is the same mouse, but with a different silhouette. 

What's the difference between the G402 and 403? Also the G Pro is a good bit cheaper than the G502 range. I really liked infinity scrolling when I tried it, however I read that the extra stuff they added in the G502 made it heavier... is that really a problem?

39 minutes ago, pxnguinPr3 said:

I'd 10/10 recommend the g402, it is hands down the best mouse I've ever had, if you think you need the extra buttons grab the 5202

What's the difference between G402 and 403?

24 minutes ago, I ar Caboose said:

Strongly recommend the Razer Deathadder. Really simple but sleek design, good quality (I saw you were asking before, I've only had one but it came flawlessly and I wouldnt bat an eye at the thought of buying another mouse from razer if need be) it has two easy to press and easily distinguishable buttons on the side. the 2013 edition is a bit cheaper than the chroma edition, they are exactly the same mouse except the chroma can change colors (saw you said that red was preferrable, 2013 edition only has green lighting) Hope I helped :) 

My friend has a Deathadder Chroma. It felt.. really cheap to me, my current mouse felt better than it and I'm not one to fall for the "ermahgerd 100000000000 DPI!11!11!" marketing stuff...

2 minutes ago, Froody129 said:

What's the difference between the G402 and 403? Also the G Pro is a good bit cheaper than the G502 range. I really liked infinity scrolling when I tried it, however I read that the extra stuff they added in the G502 made it heavier... is that really a problem?

If u lift the mouse very often while using it,it might be a problem,depends.

PC Specs:Custom Built PC

CPU:AMD Ryzen 3 1200 GPU:Zotac GeForce GTX 1050 TI Mini RAM:Corsair Vengence 2400 MHz DDR4 Motherboard:ASUS Prime B350M-A AM4 Motherboard Case:Corsair 100R PSU:Corsair VS450 

Laptop Specs:Acer TravelMate 8472

CPU:Intel Core i5 560M Memory:2GB DDR3 CPU:Intel HD Graphics Case:Its a Laptop Motherboard:Laptop Motherboard

3 minutes ago, Froody129 said:

402 has an older sensor I believe, and massively different ergonomics (Although the 403 shares the same sensor as the 502). The shape is much more conventional and it's a lighter mouse (although it is adjustable by 10g). Overall a way better package for FPS games if that's the kind of shape you prefer. I do a mix of games like Doom, Insurgency, Arma 3 mixed in with the occasional RPG and some productivity.

OS: W10 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth P67 | CPU: i7 2600k @ 4.6 | RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz | GPU: x2 MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G | Storage: x2 WD CB 1TB, x1 WD CB 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM850x | Spare a moment for Night Theme Users:

Spoiler

I'm an erudite cave-dwelling Troglodyte
I frequent LinusTechTips past midnight
Dark backgrounds I crave 
For my sun-seared red gaze
I'll molest you if you don't form your text right

Just now, Froody129 said:

My friend has a Deathadder Chroma. It felt.. really cheap to me, my current mouse felt better than it and I'm not one to fall for the "ermahgerd 100000000000 DPI!11!11!" marketing stuff...

Really? idk ill admit im not the most experienced in the mouse department. What about it felt cheap exactly? Im curious.

Just now, Gaurav S Rao said:

If u lift the mouse very often while using it,it might be a problem,depends.

I don't really lift that often, and one of my biggest irks with my current mouse is that its "one CD thick LOD" can actually be measured in centimeters, nevermind millimeters...

2 minutes ago, Froody129 said:

G403 has RGB lightning control, a thick braided cable that I personally find annoying and it has a better sensor.

and yea I used to own the deathadder, I never liked the shape of it, I bought into the marketing.

1 minute ago, I ar Caboose said:

Really? idk ill admit im not the most experienced in the mouse department. What about it felt cheap exactly? Im curious.

It felt really light to me. It felt like a cheap Chinese mouse, as if the plastic would bend if you squeezed it. Maybe the heavier weight of the G502 is suitable for me.. :P 

It felt really light to me. It felt like a cheap Chinese mouse, as if the plastic would bend if you squeezed it. Maybe the heavier weight of the G502 is suitable for me.. :P 

Aight. Welp cant say i can offer anymore advice so ima dip. Hope you find what your looking for :)

4 minutes ago, I ar Caboose said:

Aight. Welp cant say i can offer anymore advice so ima dip. Hope you find what your looking for :)

Actually.. it may have been a Mamba, not 100% sure though. Thanks for the suggestions 

Actually.. it may have been a Mamba, not 100% sure though. Thanks for the suggestions 

np

32 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

G403

No acceleration, has onboard profile so you don't have to install Logitech software to configure when you switch PC (plug and play)

Big side buttons are easy to activate. Mouse weighs 90g so you can flick and lift with minimal effort. Too light for you? There is a 10g optional weight in the box.

And yes it can light up in the color you want.

The G403 and G502 are basically the same price, which would you recommend?

1 hour ago, DXMember said:

are you insane?

• ExactSens
  • FreeMove
  • ExactAim
  • ExactAccel
  • PollingRate
  • ExactLift

The sensor is a laser sensor similar to the Mamba TE that Razer uses. It has acceleration built in, this is because of the technology. 

9 minutes ago, Froody129 said:

The G403 and G502 are basically the same price, which would you recommend?

What size are your hands? G403 would be better IMHO due to the lower weight. (87g vs 120+g)

idk