My pc is super slow for some reason?

Hi, I have good components

i7 6700k

32gb ram

gtx 980Ti

asus maximus 8 extreme

adata SSD

2x seagate 4tb hdd in raid 0.

1x toshiba hdd from an old laptop (used for media files, nothing else)

I am wondering why my pc lags so much?

Upon bootup my task manager shows 90-100 percent usage

When I play games they will just freeze, audio will usually keep working.

Discord stutters

I also made another thread which was never resolved, when I move a chrome window around it lags. I do plenty of antivirus checks, and dont see anything using a ton of resources. Why is this? 

I noticed this issue after trying to overclock according to linus' tutorial, whilst stress testing, the screen went black. I immediatly went into bios, reset, redid my raid, and used the asus tuner to OC. I am noticing WORSE performance than BEFORE I tried to OC. Why is this?

Do you mean you are getting like 90-100% usage (on the CPU?) when just doing nothing?  What's task manager say it using up all of the resources?

Take a look at what programs are on startup, there might be something fishy on there that had slithered past the anti-malware scans. I'm not really sure to be honest.

@Vespertine startup programs: discord Chrome Google Drive, Java update scheduler, logitech gaming framework nvidia capture server proxy (??) "Program" (its disabled) pximouse (disabled, idk what it is) my audio manager, steam, twitch, my antivirus, windows defender notifications. 

Only upon booting up @AlexTheGreatish When playing games I sit around 70-80% CPU usage. But I still stutter and loose frames? I know PUBG is a intensive games, but I was able to run it fine, until I tried OCing which I assume is the issue? 

I also do nt notice anything using an unusual amount of CPU, memory, disk, or network usage. Only thing that is a little bit high is discord using 7-9% usage while in a call with one person, and that isnt too bad, I just think its a little much. 

Just now, CakeArmy_Max said:

@Vespertine startup programs: discord Chrome Google Drive, Java update scheduler, logitech gaming framework nvidia capture server proxy (??) "Program" (its disabled) pximouse (disabled, idk what it is) my audio manager, steam, twitch, my antivirus, windows defender notifications. 

Only upon booting up @AlexTheGreatish When playing games I sit around 70-80% CPU usage. But I still stutter and loose frames? I know PUBG is a intensive games, but I was able to run it fine, until I tried OCing which I assume is the issue? 

I also do nt notice anything using an unusual amount of CPU, memory, disk, or network usage. Only thing that is a little bit high is discord using 7-9% usage while in a call with one person, and that isnt too bad, I just think its a little much. 

So when you don't OC it, CPU usage goes back to normal?

No, this started when I tried to oc it, noticed the screen blacking out when stress testing, and immediately reset the bios. I assume I reset something I shouldn't have?

2 minutes ago, CakeArmy_Max said:

No, this started when I tried to oc it, noticed the screen blacking out when stress testing, and immediately reset the bios. I assume I reset something I shouldn't have?

That could be the case, can you go into the BIOS and send pictures of the settings on there?

Is the problem only in PUBG?  I trust that game running smoothly about as far as I can throw a microwave (so like, a bit, but not a whole lot).

Just now, AlexTheGreatish said:

Is the problem only in PUBG?  I trust that game running smoothly about as far as I can throw a microwave (so like, a bit, but not a whole lot).

No, GTA, Rainbow Six: Siege and more.. @AlexTheGreatish

8 minutes ago, AlexTheGreatish said:

Also, you missed an opportunity to say as far as I can throw a case... @AlexTheGreatish

I really doubt that it is a hardware issue, I black screened a computer five times yesterday while seeing how well it could overclock and it's working perfectly fine now.  Might be Windows Update doing strange stuff, I've had that really kill performance before, besides that it's hard to say.

I can't say I know what's going wrong at this point.  I looked over the screenshots and everything seemed fine.  I find stuttering is normally a problem with disc usage opposed to CPU problems but sometimes the hardware ghosts can ruin your day for seemingly no reason so idk

Aight. Thanks anyways I guess. Some games are on the SSD, which would not help the case of disk issues. The rest of the games are on RAID hdd's that are pretty fast both read/write (I think its raid 0, its the one meant for speed.)

5 minutes ago, CakeArmy_Max said:

Aight. Thanks anyways I guess. Some games are on the SSD, which would not help the case of disk issues. The rest of the games are on RAID hdd's that are pretty fast both read/write (I think its raid 0, its the one meant for speed.)

Yeah, maybe event viewer can show you something that was using up resources but besides that idk

you may have been unlucky and fried a cpu core see the individual performance and if one is under performing that's your culprit

I have seen linus do it in one of his benchmarks off the top of my head I cant remember but I will check

Its on balanced. Changed to high performance, but that wouldnt change because of a bios update, would it?