Tinker Board won't load gnome 3

Go to solution Solved by noahdvs,

It only has 2GB of RAM, so maybe you should try a lightweight DE like LXDE or LXQt. GNOME is much heavier than either of those. LXDE is in maintenance mode now since its creators are working on LXQt, but it's stable and basically finished. LXQt isn't at 1.0 yet, but it's stable enough to use, it looks better, it's about as light as LXDE and it'll be getting features LXDE won't have in the future.

Hi Guys,

I recently purchased a tinker board and I got everything to work but gnome. If I try to load Gnome from the lock screen the buttons disappear and nothing happens for about 4 seconds, after that my pointer gets centered and that's it. I've tried to reinstall Gnome, I've even tried to reinstall the OS. Can somebody help me? I'm a Linux noob.

Thanks in advance.

It only has 2GB of RAM, so maybe you should try a lightweight DE like LXDE or LXQt. GNOME is much heavier than either of those. LXDE is in maintenance mode now since its creators are working on LXQt, but it's stable and basically finished. LXQt isn't at 1.0 yet, but it's stable enough to use, it looks better, it's about as light as LXDE and it'll be getting features LXDE won't have in the future.