Monitor for the PS4 Pro

Hana

Hey do I'm getting a PS4 pro for the exclusives but I need a monitor, preferably one that will unlock the full potential of the PS4 Pro, (4K/HDR) I need something not too outrageous in price and will go for a tv if needed but I want to stick with monitors if possible for the size and cost factors. Thanks!

6 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

get a 4k HDR TV 

And a 4K/HDR Tv will be cheaper than an equivalent monitor. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

Yeah as far as I'm aware, the only 4k HDR monitor are the models from Acer and Asus that haven't gone on sale yet, which will undoubtedly be outrageously expensive. I got the TCL 55p607. It's only $600 and is one of the best TVs for 4k HDR gaming because of it's insanely low input lag (for a TV), wide color gamut, high contrast ratio, and support for HDR 10 and Dolby Vision. 

Main Rig: 6600k 4.5 GHz - GTX 1060 OC Armor - Z170i Pro Gaming - Define Nano S - 8GB HyperX Fury - 480GB SSD + 2TB HDD - Supernova 550 - Kraken X41 - MG248Q - Samson Meteor M2 - Strafe RGB - Scimitar RGB 

Laptop: MSI GS63VR 7RF

If you want a smaller size, go with the Sony x800e. 

Main Rig: 6600k 4.5 GHz - GTX 1060 OC Armor - Z170i Pro Gaming - Define Nano S - 8GB HyperX Fury - 480GB SSD + 2TB HDD - Supernova 550 - Kraken X41 - MG248Q - Samson Meteor M2 - Strafe RGB - Scimitar RGB 

Laptop: MSI GS63VR 7RF

Unfortunately, HDR technology is still in its infancy when it comes to consumer-level monitors. The R&D budget has gone to the television sector because that's where the numbers and margins are, at the moment. You're far more likely to find an affordable, HDR-capable TV than you are a wallet-friendly monitor that meets even the HDR10 standard.

Alright so then what's a good tv then?