Laptop GPU not boosting in Furmark?

Guest lilbman
Go to solution Solved by Electronics Wizardy,

Its furmark, they will throttle so they don't die, people in the fermi days were killing lots of 480's by running furmark all day. Use anouther more realistic test to get the real clock speed like unigene valley/heaven or a game.

In Furmark I have made it my goal to overclock my laptops GPU (1060 6GB).  I noticed while running Furmark that it only runs at around 1250 Mhz despite staying under 60 C and I'm fairly sure the core clock is 1405 Mhz.  Is it just me or is something not right?

Its furmark, they will throttle so they don't die, people in the fermi days were killing lots of 480's by running furmark all day. Use anouther more realistic test to get the real clock speed like unigene valley/heaven or a game.

Could be power throtteling. Happens a lot on laptops, switch to performance mode.

most laptops seem to target lower temperatures these days, furmark is a GPU baking tool more than it is a benchmark :P

24 minutes ago, FTL said:

Could be power throtteling. Happens a lot on laptops, switch to performance mode.

2 minutes ago, manikyath said:

most laptops seem to target lower temperatures these days, furmark is a GPU baking tool more than it is a benchmark :P

27 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Thanks to all of you guys, I realize now what was wrong.  Any recommended tools for testing the stability of an overclocked GPU?

Back in the day Furmak used to kill hundreds if not thousands of GPUs,

now everyone and their uncles monkey has it in their drivers that if the Furmark is running the card throttles core clocks

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

2 minutes ago, lilbman said:

Thanks to all of you guys, I realize now what was wrong.  Any recommended tools for testing the stability of an overclocked GPU?

Fire Strike Loop Stability Test or Valley / Heaven

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K