How to use computer speakers with LED Tv???

Smokie

Hey everybody so I've Creative SBS A550 5.1 Surround sound speakers and I want to use them with my LED TV its a 42inch Ecostar (CX-42U565) TV , My speakers have three 3.5mm audio jacks( green , black and yellow)  http://prntscr.com/fsu5if        <-------------- heres a picture

and My TV have these ports  http://prntscr.com/fsu65a  and http://prntscr.com/fsu6bi

( I don't have the Tv's mannual)

So I am guessing I'll need an adapter RCA or what ever but the problem is I don't know which one  , I went to the TV shop and they were showing me this RCA adapter http://prntscr.com/fsu7bm and were calling it aux  , I didn't buy it because there are no aux ports on my the woofer there are only ports for the 5 speakers which connect to it 

I''m using 3.1 speakers from a 5.1 surround sound set. I also have 3 3,5 mm audio jacks. (males) While my pc only outputs stereo. (or some funky kind of digital?!?) I've just got a stereo "headphone jack splitter", and plugged them all in. All of my surround sound thingies get the same stereo input, and all speakers are in use.

This won't be ideal because you will lose the surround sound features, but it will make your surround sound speakers function.

Pair that with the cable your hardware store adviced you, and you should be good enough.audio_splitters.jpg.3a8196eed3a344db5c83ec2619dcab48.jpgDSCN0238.thumb.JPG.ac7395f8392203a9a5b172d0aee2cb8f.JPGDSCN0239.thumb.JPG.bb4d506cd54eb0e75f2e0954e894c825.JPG

Does it have a headphone output? I cannot tell from the pictures, but according to the manual I found online it should. 

That will be your best bet. Of course, that could only be used with the stereo input of the creative speakers, so you won't be able to use Subwoofer or Surround speakers (unless you try the splitter method that @Dutch-stoner mentioned above (which as he says isn't ideal and isnt true surround). As far as I can tell, that TV has no options for true surround output. Usually this would be an optical audio port.

If it doesn't have a headphone output, you can TRY this: https://www.amazon.com/30S1-01260-Stereo-Female-Y-Cable-Connector/dp/B000I23TTE but it may not work, sound too quiet, etc. 

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

@d3sl91 @Dutch-stoner  Will a three female RCA adapter also work? I've seen them on Google  with (analog/ hdmi & usb ) connectors

@d3sl91 I partly agree with your cable suggestion. It would allow topic starter to plug in a single cable. But if he however would use the splitter method, he would be better of with a male connector since those stereo headphone jacks usually come with a crappy cable. (on the inside, it's good enough)

3 minutes ago, d3sl91 said:

Can you provide a link or picture to what you are talking about?

Here

analog.jpg

hdmi.jpg

usb.jpg

Google searched for "three female RCA adapter", and got lots of different pictures. Not that many usefull ones... First one which popped up was this one:

4-pole-3_5mm-to-rca-cable-1.jpg.780052ce90eb33cbe0569dff7e24455e.jpg

I bet it won't work, since it has them white/red/yellow plugs as females. With a single 3,5 mm male jack, while you need 3 female 3,5 jacks.

If you would want to loop your audio to stereo, using all your speakers, I would get a (cheap) splitter like I showed you + the cable your TV store suggested. It will work (stereo only, which is your only option since your TV only outputs stereo)

However... If you have an external decoder for digital tv, like most of the people in the netherlands have... You might want to look at those output signals. Incoming tv signal >>> external decoder >>> tv + surround sound speakers connected to decoder.

Just now, Smokie said:

Here

Unfortunately not. 

The first one is for a camcorder to provide Video and Audio output from the camcorder into a TV. 

The second is video only, providing HDMI to Component video (Component video separates out the red green blue video signals - its an older option for HD that was replaced by HDMI). 

The third is who knows what. But its proprietary for sure and wont help much. 

:(

2 minutes ago, Smokie said:

Here

analog.jpg

hdmi.jpg

usb.jpg

Will not work because those are female plugs, while your tv already has female plugs. Tech manufacturers don't like lesbian action >>> you need red/white/yellow male plugs >>> not shown on your images.

In adition and someone might want to correct me, but... You only need the white/red connecting thingies. The yellow one was for some kind of video feed >>> not required for creative surround sound speakers.

owever, this all raises a question. 

Do you watch TV using the TV's tuner? Or do you use an external box or only use it with a blue ray player or gaming console?

If one of the above, you could get one of these and use a bunch of adapters. https://www.amazon.com/Digital-Optical-Extractor-Splitter-Multi-Channel/dp/B01DZXQV4M/ref=pd_sbs_23_12?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01DZXQV4M&pd_rd_r=5ZA25VB4M0XE0HT316D7&pd_rd_w=NaNq5&pd_rd_wg=RR1xE&psc=1&refRID=5ZA25VB4M0XE0HT316D7

but at that point I would 100% recommend an $80 visio soundbar, or find a used A/V receiver 

1 minute ago, d3sl91 said:

owever, this all raises a question. 

Do you watch TV using the TV's tuner? Or do you use an external box or only use it with a blue ray player or gaming console?

If one of the above, you could get one of these and use a bunch of adapters. https://www.amazon.com/Digital-Optical-Extractor-Splitter-Multi-Channel/dp/B01DZXQV4M/ref=pd_sbs_23_12?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01DZXQV4M&pd_rd_r=5ZA25VB4M0XE0HT316D7&pd_rd_w=NaNq5&pd_rd_wg=RR1xE&psc=1&refRID=5ZA25VB4M0XE0HT316D7

but at that point I would 100% recommend an $80 visio soundbar, or find a used A/V receiver 

I use Analog cable currently from my Internet's ONT ( Optical network terminal)  device but I am going to buy a Digital box for it which converts analog into digital , btw if I had a Ps4 could I hook them up directly??? 

Just now, Smokie said:

I use Analog cable currently from my Internet's ONT ( Optical network terminal)  device but I am going to buy a Digital box for it which converts analog into digital , btw if I had a Ps4 could I hook them up directly??? 

Yeah, anything with HDMI you can connect directly to the TV. If you are asking about audio, no, you won't be able to hook speakers directly to the PS4. 

Ideally you will need to do one of these:

1. PS4/Cable Box/Blue Ray/ETC > HDMI Cable > A/V Reciever +Speakers > HDMI Cable > TV
  2. PS4/Cable Box/Blue Ray/ETC > HDMI Cable > Soundbar that has HDMI > HDMI Cable > TV 
  3. PS4/Cable Box/Blue Ray/ETC > HDMI Cable > HDMI Extractor and creative speakers > HDMI Cable > TV
  4. PS4/Cable Box/Blue Ray/ETC > HDMI Cable > TV > RCA or Headphone cable > Soundbar 
  5. PS4/Cable Box/Blue Ray/ETC > HDMI Cable > TV >  RCA or Headphone cable > Splitter to creative speakers

37 minutes ago, Dutch-stoner said:

I''m using 3.1 speakers from a 5.1 surround sound set. I also have 3 3,5 mm audio jacks. (males) While my pc only outputs stereo. (or some funky kind of digital?!?) I've just got a stereo "headphone jack splitter", and plugged them all in. All of my surround sound thingies get the same stereo input, and all speakers are in use.

This won't be ideal because you will lose the surround sound features, but it will make your surround sound speakers function.

Pair that with the cable your hardware store adviced you, and you should be good enough.audio_splitters.jpg.3a8196eed3a344db5c83ec2619dcab48.jpgDSCN0238.thumb.JPG.ac7395f8392203a9a5b172d0aee2cb8f.JPGDSCN0239.thumb.JPG.bb4d506cd54eb0e75f2e0954e894c825.JPG

So let me get this straight you're saying if I want all the speakers to work but they won't give surround sound features I'll need these two adapters  and if I want surround sound I'll need an external box such as a digital box or a ps4 then I'll need a different adapter for them to get the surround sound right? 

linus.jpg

shop adapter.jpg

@Smokie If you want to power all your speakers from your 5.1 surround sound set, and you don't care it's all in stereo, you need an audio splitter. I've also found images using the search "headphone hub". So it can be called many things.

30251063.jpg

You need an splitter with at least 3 female connectors, because you want to add 3 plugs. (coming from your surround sound set)

Since you can't seem to find your headphone jack on your TV, you will need the big plugs, white and red. They need to be converted to 3,5 mm jacks.

With the example image I used in this reply, it has got an seperate cable to the hub/splitter. The quality of these cables is usually crap, and since you are already going to buy a audio cable (red/white) to headphone jack (3,5 mm), you should get a male connector. If the audio splitter/hub does not include an seperate cable, you would need an audio cable (red/white) to female headphone jack (3,5 mm).

4 minutes ago, Dutch-stoner said:

@Smokie If you want to power all your speakers from your 5.1 surround sound set, and you don't care it's all in stereo, you need an audio splitter. I've also found images using the search "headphone hub". So it can be called many things.

30251063.jpg

You need an splitter with at least 3 female connectors, because you want to add 3 plugs. (coming from your surround sound set)

Since you can't seem to find your headphone jack on your TV, you will need the big plugs, white and red. They need to be converted to 3,5 mm jacks.

With the example image I used in this reply, it has got an seperate cable to the hub/splitter. The quality of these cables is usually crap, and since you are already going to buy a audio cable (red/white) to headphone jack (3,5 mm), you should get a male connector. If the audio splitter/hub does not include an seperate cable, you would need an audio cable (red/white) to female headphone jack (3,5 mm).

I was able to find a manual for it online and it seems it does have a headphone port as well as a pc audio port , btw whats the pc audio port for??? I've also attached the manual file 

ecostar.png

CX-55U565.pdf

If you could find the headphone/earphone 3,5 mm jack connector, you would be fine with a splitter as in my previous reply was shown. I bought my off-brand thingy for like 2 euro's, and it works fine. (I opened it, because I was curious)

The pc audio/VGA seems to be to connect your pc to your tv screen, and use your tv screen (and internal tv speakers) as a monitor.

39 minutes ago, Dutch-stoner said:

If you could find the headphone/earphone 3,5 mm jack connector, you would be fine with a splitter as in my previous reply was shown. I bought my off-brand thingy for like 2 euro's, and it works fine. (I opened it, because I was curious)

The pc audio/VGA seems to be to connect your pc to your tv screen, and use your tv screen (and internal tv speakers) as a monitor.

So since I've the headphone port I'll just need the headphone 3.5mm jack adapter  splitter with at least 3 female connectors like the black one in the picture below that you showed me and the white hub is for connecting multiple 3.5mm connectors right?? and will I need to do any audio settings from the tv with a remote???? and Oh btw I also have one big speaker of audoinic with one green port I could plug that in directly in the headphone port right???595fbc8dcd62d_headphonesplitter.jpg.df1ef3606b37f40d9c2e79ab2bcf7605.jpg

That picture was mainly about the white one. The black one has only 2 female plugs (and one male). Your 5.1 surround sound set has 3 plugs >>> 3x female required. (minimal) The white one has enough, the black one hasn't.

• 1 month later...
On 7/7/2017 at 8:50 PM, d3sl91 said:

Yeah, anything with HDMI you can connect directly to the TV. If you are asking about audio, no, you won't be able to hook speakers directly to the PS4. 

Ideally you will need to do one of these:

1. PS4/Cable Box/Blue Ray/ETC > HDMI Cable > A/V Reciever +Speakers > HDMI Cable > TV
  2. PS4/Cable Box/Blue Ray/ETC > HDMI Cable > Soundbar that has HDMI > HDMI Cable > TV 
  3. PS4/Cable Box/Blue Ray/ETC > HDMI Cable > HDMI Extractor and creative speakers > HDMI Cable > TV
  4. PS4/Cable Box/Blue Ray/ETC > HDMI Cable > TV > RCA or Headphone cable > Soundbar 
  5. PS4/Cable Box/Blue Ray/ETC > HDMI Cable > TV >  RCA or Headphone cable > Splitter to creative speakers

Alright so I ordered a Belkin RockStar 5-Jack 3.5 mm Audio Headphone Splitter https://prnt.sc/gfw7hm like this one online so I wanted know one more thing as I am buying a ps4 pro soon and it has a digital optical out port and if I do these steps done in the youtube video will it be true surround sound ??? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-bo3z0ywF0 heres the video

He used three adapters in the video to make the pc 5.1 surround sound speakers work with the ps4 

Male to 3x Female Stereo Splitter Audio Cable https://prnt.sc/gfw9hm <--------- like this one

double rca to a female mini jack https://prnt.sc/gfwatj <-------- like this one 

then he used an optical toslink cable and connected it to digital to analog converter like this one 
http://prntscr.com/gfwbfp

So if I get all these adapters will the speakers work as surround sound with the ps4 pro ? and one more thing the first adapter Male to 3x Female Stereo Splitter Audio Cable I was unable to find this adapter on the online sites of my country how ever I can buy it from an online Chinese site but since I ordered a belkin headphone 6 way splitter I wouldn't need the first adapter right?