Budget Gaming Laptop

Hey!

I currently have a Lenovo Flex 2 14 (Core i7 4510u, 8GB Ram,GeForce 840m GPU, 1tb HDD). I do a decent amount of video editing using AE, Premiere, and a decent amount of games, and this processor+GPU combo is severely bottlenecking. So serching for a new budget gaming laptop.

Specs:

A core i7 6700HQ/7700HQ is a must.

An Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050/1050Ti is also a must. No 960m.

Atleast a 128GB SSD for boot along with a 1TB SSD.

It shoud be light (as in for travel and stuff). Not expecting any ultraportables, but it sould be lighter than other laptops woth the same specs.

Right now I am looking at the Legion Y520 from Lenovo, but i do want second opinions.

Aditya K. Arun / redscape photo and video.

Photography, Tech enthusiast.

500px.com/redscape_

Instagram: redscape_

1 minute ago, Red____14 said:

Right now I am looking at the Legion Y520 from Lenovo, but i do want second opinions.

how much is your budget?

1 minute ago, Squibbies18 said:

how much is your budget?

I can go upto a 1000 Dollars. Can adjust if the hardware is worth paying more

500px.com/redscape_

Look at the Dell Inspiron gaming series lineup. They have a pretty darn good value and good hardware. 

Just now, Septimus said:

Look at the Dell Inspiron gaming series lineup. They have a pretty darn good value and good hardware. 

Yes, but the weight. I went to stores and tried lifting up this one and it was pretty heavy compared to the Legion

500px.com/redscape_

lenovo has the 1060 version for a little less than 1000 right now. I dont think i could find a better deal.

Current: R2600X@4.0GHz\\ Corsair Air 280x \\ RTX 2070 \\ 16GB DDR3 2666 \\ 1KW EVGA Supernova\\ Asus B450 TUF

Old Systems: A6 5200 APU -- A10 7800K + HD6670 -- FX 9370 + 2X R9 290 -- G3258 + R9 280 -- 4690K + RX480

3 minutes ago, Red____14 said:

Yes, but the weight. I went to stores and tried lifting up this one and it was pretty heavy compared to the Legion

actually, looking on lenovos website atm they have a great deal on it, only $780 http://www3.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/ideapad/lenovo-legion-y-series-laptops/Lenovo-Y520-15IKBN/p/80WKCTO1WWENUS0

I think the Lenovo Y series is great, I've had two of them in the past and they performed great! Just my 2c while I'm at work :P

Ryzen 9 3950x - 64 GB DDR4 - NVME 980 pro SSD - EVGA RTX 3080 FTW Ultra - FAD CASE

Full custom loop / links below out of date

LTT Build Log | PCPP Build Log

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry if I stop responding, I've probably gotten busy as I mostly am only on here while working.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________