so today i built my first gaming computer containing

asus z170 pro

intel core 17 7700k

gtx 1070 founders

be quiet dark rock pro 3

corsair vengeance lpx 16gb

wd 1tb hdd (plan to add ssd later)

evga 750w gold pus

the power gets to everything but it doesnt post and nothing at all is showing on my monitor. the ram light flashes red then turns off when i power it on, all the fans turn on including in the gpu and the geforce gtx logo on it. ive tried using the hdmi port on the card then unplugging the gpu and just using the integrated graphics but still nothing and as far as i can tell the ram is seated fine.

i think the mb might be bad but im not sure.

any tips??

(New addition after some testing)

OK.  SO

after some thinking, I believe the problem is the cpu. Because power gets to everything fine (meaning all fans and indicator leds light up), and when I tried to reset the bios and clear cmos nothing changed (other than when powering up it did turn off then back on. Even removed battery, put it back in and did it again)..

I Think the mb is fine. But when I tried to plug the monitor into the gpu and then the mb to use igpu nothing happened. So I think the problem is the cpu. I made sure the power is plugged in. (I did check the ram btw) I reseated it, reattached the air cooler and tried again with the gpu and integrated but still nothing. 

So before I see about replacing it.. any thoughts?

(New findings) 

The highest supported processor for my motherboard is 6th gen without a bios upgrade SO I need to get a compatible processor so i could then upgrade it and use my 7th gen 7700k

I am guessing you have your monitor hooked to the graphics card. Try booting with the monitor connected to the board. If the computer posts, there could be a problem with the card or the pcie slot. if you get post, try the card in a different pcie slot. If you have a card you know works, you can try it in the slot the 1070 is in. if the computer still doesn't post, or still only posts on the board outputs, try resetting the bios.

Is the CPU 4/8 pin cable plugged in? Stupid question, but I have to ask, since tons of people (me included) have done this before. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

29 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

Is the CPU 4/8 pin cable plugged in? Stupid question, but I have to ask, since tons of people (me included) have done this before. 

Yeah I double checked

8 hours ago, Outragious said:

I am guessing you have your monitor hooked to the graphics card. Try booting with the monitor connected to the board. If the computer posts, there could be a problem with the card or the pcie slot. if you get post, try the card in a different pcie slot. If you have a card you know works, you can try it in the slot the 1070 is in. if the computer still doesn't post, or still only posts on the board outputs, try resetting the bios.

Still nothing when I connected it to the board or changed slots. Since it's my first build I don't have any spare parts to check with unfortunately 

27 minutes ago, Outragious said:

Did you try resetting the bios?

27 minutes ago, Outragious said:

I can do that without seeing anything on the screen?

13 hours ago, Outragious said:

Still nothing when I connected it to the board or changed slots. Since it's my first build I don't have any spare parts to check with unfortunately 

12 hours ago, Outragious said:

Yes but it didn't work. I looked it up in the manual and removed the battery then plugged it back in then reset but still nothing