Channel Super Fun Update: Adjusting Release Schedule

CPotter

Hey Everyone!  

We wanted to provide a quick update on CSF and our goals with this channel. If you already saw this post on Floatplane, its the same. :P 

2017 has been an insanely great year (as you've seen from all of the awesome content in the recent days, weeks, and months on LTT and TQ), but has also come with an insane amount of work. While we've grown our team to an incredible new level, none of us have taken our foot off the gas, and we're all pretty much as busy as (or busier than) we've ever been.  

This year, a big thing for us as been evaluating priorities and ensuring that the time we have is being spent optimally, and ensuring that we're getting the most out of the work we're doing. And recently, unfortunately, it has felt like CSF has been somewhat of an inefficiency for us.   The project was intended to be a once a week thing where we all gather to goof off and blow off some steam, but with 2017 being the year that it has been, it has felt like a bit of a chore at times trying to spam a "super awesome and fun video" out every single week - and I'm sure that has come through in some of the videos that we've released on the channel. So, the update.

This is far from the end of Channel Super Fun. We do still believe that we have an opportunity to make some crazy fun and entertaining content with the (very loose) "format" that we have on CSF, and hopefully you'll agree as you see the new content that we create. But we want all of the pieces that we post to that channel to actually BE Super Fun, and live up to the promise of goofs and laughs with every upload. In order to facilitate that, we've decided to adjust our release schedule to "hopefully one a week but maybe less," at least for the time being.

This will not only give us the time to focus on the TRULY "Super Fun" projects for this channel, but to ensure that we can keep up with the high standards that we've been setting on both LTT and TQ. Hope this doesn't come as a disappointment to any of you - we truly want to ensure that everything we create is as enjoyable as it can be, and in our minds this is the right call at this time.  

TL;DR - CSF may not have a new video every single week moving forward. We're making this decision in order to maximize the quality of the videos both on and off CSF, as wasting a few hours in a busy week on something that's "less than Super Fun" has the potential to lessen the time we have to spend on the other awesome content that we're releasing. We're aiming to get back to the roots of the channel - making videos that are Super Fun to create and Super Fun to watch, whether the production values are high are low. We're excited to see what the future holds for both CSF and LMG in general!

Maybe try to do at least 1 per month? That way the channel doesn't slide off into the abyss.

Kind of sad this is happening.

Hello

21 minutes ago, CPotter said:

In order to facilitate that, we've decided to adjust our release schedule to "hopefully one a week but maybe less," at least for the time being.

That is definitely an LTT style schedule. "Maybe, but we're not sure, but it might happen".

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

27 minutes ago, nigeemac999 said:

ye should turn it into a behind the scenes/vlog channel hire some 1 to run it maybe jmo :)

We're going to do more vlog stuff, and I've already been running it for a bit so that most likely won't change. 

27 minutes ago, Menas said:

Maybe try to do at least 1 per month? That way the channel doesn't slide off into the abyss.

We're going to shoot for at least one every two weeks, for now. The point is that they just need to be good haha, everyone here gets so busy that rounding people up to "have fun" is tough. I freakin' love it though.

Thank you for adding a TL;DR at the end. What a wall of text

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

That's good to know, but there's no need to have big outside activities where you have to put an effort. A planned calming out of the way even like a gamenight like the old Cards against humanity and Taboo and the pictionary videos were really fun ones to watch a lot. I still watch those from time to time

(person in crowd): BLOW SOMETHIN UP!!! @CPotter: We may have already done that?

Hopefully everyone gets that reference.

6 hours ago, CPotter said:

Hey Everyone!  

We wanted to provide a quick update on CSF and our goals with this channel. If you already saw this post on Floatplane, its the same. :P 

2017 has been an insanely great year (as you've seen from all of the awesome content in the recent days, weeks, and months on LTT and TQ), but has also come with an insane amount of work. While we've grown our team to an incredible new level, none of us have taken our foot off the gas, and we're all pretty much as busy as (or busier than) we've ever been.  

This year, a big thing for us as been evaluating priorities and ensuring that the time we have is being spent optimally, and ensuring that we're getting the most out of the work we're doing. And recently, unfortunately, it has felt like CSF has been somewhat of an inefficiency for us.   The project was intended to be a once a week thing where we all gather to goof off and blow off some steam, but with 2017 being the year that it has been, it has felt like a bit of a chore at times trying to spam a "super awesome and fun video" out every single week - and I'm sure that has come through in some of the videos that we've released on the channel. So, the update.

This is far from the end of Channel Super Fun. We do still believe that we have an opportunity to make some crazy fun and entertaining content with the (very loose) "format" that we have on CSF, and hopefully you'll agree as you see the new content that we create. But we want all of the pieces that we post to that channel to actually BE Super Fun, and live up to the promise of goofs and laughs with every upload. In order to facilitate that, we've decided to adjust our release schedule to "hopefully one a week but maybe less," at least for the time being.

This will not only give us the time to focus on the TRULY "Super Fun" projects for this channel, but to ensure that we can keep up with the high standards that we've been setting on both LTT and TQ. Hope this doesn't come as a disappointment to any of you - we truly want to ensure that everything we create is as enjoyable as it can be, and in our minds this is the right call at this time.  

TL;DR - CSF may not have a new video every single week moving forward. We're making this decision in order to maximize the quality of the videos both on and off CSF, as wasting a few hours in a busy week on something that's "less than Super Fun" has the potential to lessen the time we have to spend on the other awesome content that we're releasing. We're aiming to get back to the roots of the channel - making videos that are Super Fun to create and Super Fun to watch, whether the production values are high are low. We're excited to see what the future holds for both CSF and LMG in general!

I reckon you guys should look into getting a new editor for super fun and just doing random crap for a few hrs. I heard there's this guy doing biking stuff right now called Nick van berkel, he might be good for the job

Personally I think this is a good move for CSF in the future. Genuine fun is much more entertaining for both ends of the camera ;). Also I think most of us know that its not exactly the most successful channel ever, therefore I think its better to just use it as a "cool off" channel where it fells less as work and double as content for those of us who cant get enough LMG content.

9 hours ago, Tech_Dreamer said:

Less contents?

4ed5527249513032abdb697a6547a7002a1d006a

The "amount" or the "happy" kind? 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

2 hours ago, ARikozuM said:

The "amount" or the "happy" kind? 

less but quality content vs rushed happy contents? I'd pick less episodes that has a bit of finesse that has the team enjoying stuff rather than them being stressed & pretending to enjoy it just for the sake to upload something.

Details separate people.

I would much prefer this over you guys rushing content out, just upload whenever the opportunity comes. 

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @4.8GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 
Motherboard:  ASUS Maximus VIII Hero 
GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme 1070 @ 2114Mhz
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W G2

Peripherals 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Browns
Mouse: Logitech G502 
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Revolver 

Monitor: U2713M @ 75Hz

On 7/6/2017 at 0:26 PM, CPotter said:

it has felt like a bit of a chore at times trying to spam a "super awesome and fun video" out every single week

You nailed it

....and smile bruh

@CPotter How about turning Channel Super Fun into a gaming channel? 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

26 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

@CPotter How about turning Channel Super Fun into a gaming channel? 

They play school yard games in their confined space of a warehouse.

That "Human" Rhino Board game was quite hillarious.

I just shake my head when I see CSF thumbnails.

Atleast its REconfirmed about the slackiness

They however need to be more socially responsible. Suicide is not something to laugh at. Eyeball safety is important. And pointing real looking guns at people is uncool. It is really that plain and simple. Also Drone safety should be a goal. Flying one around traffic, I just shake my head again and again. Its money over morals.