!!!COMPLETE SYSTEM FREEZE!!!

BigGrease

So I have a problem when after 2-20 minutes of gaming (full gpu load) the pc will completely freeze with the last frame displayed.(requires reboot) sometimes it will also hang on boot. 

PC:

FX6300

Biostar TA970

Cx750m psu

Kingston 32gb ram 4 stick

850 evo 250gb (OS)

Seagate 3tb (slave)

Kingston 120gb 

Crucial 120gb 

GTX 980ti evga sc+

Windows 8.1 (fully updated)

Latest gpu driver

So what I've done to combat this is:

-I've moved all important files from all internal drives to a backup 

-fully wiped drives clean

-re installed os (not refresh)

-ddu graphics drivers 3 times before os reset and once after.( before it didn't help)

-On new os installed Furmark and and steam.

Ran furmark= great fps 130+ 8xmsaa

installed pubg and steam installed directX for game. 

Shity fps after in furmark 23-30 fps 5~10 min of gpu load back to where we started.

Also tested components in a win 10 pc. Ran fine no problems.

Problem seems to lie with steam direct x files. But it seems to affect the whole pc.

I tried this in the graphics card category with no luck. So I'm looking for some answers; anything would be appreciated.

are you sure your drivers and the directX you download is comp with windows 8.1?

1 minute ago, Bartb56 said:

are you sure your drivers and the directX you download is comp with windows 8.1?

When u install Windows doesn't it install its own directX files...?

And steam associates the files by ltself.

Just now, BigGrease said:

i'm not sure about that i always download them and install them myself same with drivers

1 minute ago, Bartb56 said:

i'm not sure about that i always download them and install them myself same with drivers

Explain please. I had no idea. 

Explain please. I had no idea. 

nvm you're right directx does install with windows,

did you check the temps of your cpu/gpu when your pc reboots?

could be a power does your psu give enough watt?

8 minutes ago, BigGrease said:

And steam associates the files by ltself.

Yes it does but the drivers do too.

7 minutes ago, Bartb56 said:

You don't have to it's included.

2 minutes ago, Bartb56 said:

nvm you're right directx does install with windows,

did you check the temps of your cpu/gpu when your pc reboots?

could be a power does your psu give enough watt?

750W is more than enough for FX 6300 and 980TI. And it's good quality.

What temps?

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

2 minutes ago, JDE said:

Yes it does but the drivers do too.

You don't have to it's included.

750W is more than enough for FX 6300 and 980TI. And it's good quality.

What temps?

One thing I should say is that when the pc was reinstalled furmark at 130fps ran the gpu at 79° 50% fan and before on old system it would run 84° 100% and crash. It's now crashing again but its not running as hot ?????

One thing I should say is that when the pc was reinstalled furmark at 130fps ran the gpu at 79° 50% fan and before on old system it would run 84° 100% and crash. It's now crashing again but its not running as hot ?????

Can you reinstall Windows?

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

Just now, JDE said:

Can you reinstall Windows?

I can as the pc is fully clean. But why when I have just installed it like a week ago fully clean and everything? U think it might be a bug with the installed v.?

I can as the pc is fully clean. But why when I have just installed it like a week ago fully clean and everything? U think it might be a bug with the installed v.?

It had the base version of Windows 8.1 Installed with steam and crashed. Fully updated 8.1 to latest and still crashing

47 minutes ago, BigGrease said:

It had the base version of Windows 8.1 Installed with steam and crashed. Fully updated 8.1 to latest and still crashing

Does it only crash under load or totally random? Have you tried with different RAM or GPU? I would vouch for hardware issue more than software/drives. Symptoms would have matches bad HDD, and could even be that. But they could as well be almost any other hardware part.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

3 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Does it only crash under load or totally random? Have you tried with different RAM or GPU? I would vouch for hardware issue more than software/drives. Symptoms would have matches bad HDD, and could even be that. But they could as well be almost any other hardware part.

Then how do you explain why the pc only crashes once steam installed it's own directX files for a certain game.

2 minutes ago, BigGrease said:

Then how do you explain why the pc only crashes once steam installed it's own directX files for a certain game.

Thats why I asked if there is pattern or if its random. You were talking about temps earlier and before that had wall of text where you say you've installed multiple times. DirectX is just software library. At most it could have issues with GPU -> test with another card to see if thats issue.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv