Buy a PS4 now or wait for the PS5?

Hana

So wait for the elusive PS5 or spring for the PS4? Been an Xbox fan, but my Xbox 360 is like 8 years old and I NEED a new console. Plus my friends have a PS4

Get the Xbox One X when it releases in November. It's the only Xbox One model worth buying.

Or just get a pc dont get an xbox tho tht has no player base

My Personal Computer

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz (OC 3.8) 6-Core Processor

Cpu cooler DEEPCOOL Gamer Storm CAPTAIN 240EX WHITE 
Motherboard: MSI - B350 TOMAHAWK ARCTIC ATX AM4 Motherboard 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz RAM 8x3

Storage: SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 256GB SATA III

Storage:SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 500GB SATA III
Video Card: RTX 2060
Case: NZXT - S340 Elite (White) ATX Mid Tower Case 
Power Supply: EVGA 550 B3 550W

Peripherals

Monitor: Acer XF240H 24" TN Free-Sync ,144 Hz 

Keyboard: Corsair k95 RGB platinum

Mouse: Razer basilisk

Headset: Hyperx cloud alpha pro

Your Money. Who knows when the PS5 will drop. All we know is sometime in 2018.

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

ps5 wont be announced until at least e3 2018 so youll be waiting until q4 2018 to actually buy one, its a long time to wait

4 minutes ago, Wikiforce said:

i thought it got released few months ago along with ps4 pro, they are currently working on xbox one scorpio.

Scorpio was officially named the "Xbox One X" and it releases in November according to Microsoft at this year's E3. You must have thought I was referring to the Xbox One S.

Just now, Wikiforce said:

yeah my bad, i am confused with s and x as i didn't know scorpio is named like that.

It's all good.

11 minutes ago, Vernw3 said:

Or just get a pc dont get an xbox tho tht has no player base

Not a great time to get a PC with GPU and ram/ssd is so damn high and low supply. I remember when a decent kit of DDR4 32GB was only 200 AUD.

Magical Pineapples

18 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

Your Money. Who knows when the PS5 will drop. All we know is sometime in 2018.

or more importantly, how many of *his friends* will buy it, and how many games there will be for it.

it'd be pretty silly for him to buy a PS5 if all his friends go "yeh, we're sticking with our PS4" :P

Depends what kind of games do you play?  Are you interested in the Sony exclusives?  For me I primarily got one for Final Fantasy XV, Uncharted, and hopefully Persona down the line.  I also got it to effectively be a good media center device to stream stuff and play my blu rays.

I don't know why people would want to buy a recently launched console. I mean I don't get it, look at the Switch, there's pretty much only 1 game. I brought the Wii U after 4 years and so I had really great games to play! Same with PS4. We are in the sweet spot for the PS4 with the Pro version and you want the PS5 with no games? I don't know man, from my POV is obvious what you should choose...

Disclaimer: If I had infinite money I would buy every console at launch, but since I don't, I always try to aim at the sweet spot of the generation.

3 hours ago, Tiz said:

I don't know why people would want to buy a recently launched console. I mean I don't get it, look at the Switch, there's pretty much only 1 game. I brought the Wii U after 4 years and so I had really great games to play! Same with PS4. We are in the sweet spot for the PS4 with the Pro version and you want the PS5 with no games? I don't know man, from my POV is obvious what you should choose...

Disclaimer: If I had infinite money I would buy every console at launch, but since I don't, I always try to aim at the sweet spot of the generation.

I agree fully with that. I bought my PS4 last December since three years after launch there were so many great games I wanted for $20 or less. Of course, that might get thrown out the window if PS5 is backwards compatible with PS4, which might be a really good possibility if it's another x86 system (eg Ryzen on 7 nm lithography).

Hey guys thank you for your input! I've decided to get a PS4, also no worries on calling me a guy I'm a girl but not like that matters at all

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-07-07 at 2:08 PM, Hana said:

Hey guys thank you for your input! I've decided to get a PS4, also no worries on calling me a guy I'm a girl but not like that matters at all

Have you decided between a PS4 and a PS4 Pro? If you're using it on a 1080p there is a bit less value in the pro model but some games are still getting better graphics or higher fps when played at 1080p. 

If you have or will be getting a 4K tv, all accounts are saying the pro version looks noticeably better. 

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

16 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Have you decided between a PS4 and a PS4 Pro? If you're using it on a 1080p there is a bit less value in the pro model but some games are still getting better graphics or higher fps when played at 1080p. 

If you have or will be getting a 4K tv, all accounts are saying the pro version looks noticeably better. 

I have a 4K tv so I'll be getting the pro, now I just need to save up for it, any games you suggest I buy right away?

43 minutes ago, Hana said:

I have a 4K tv so I'll be getting the pro, now I just need to save up for it, any games you suggest I buy right away?

I would suggest the obvious PS4 exclusives:

Uncharted series

Killzone

Driveclub

The Last Guardian

Last of Us

Horizon Zero Dawn

I'd take a look at "Best PS4 Exclusives" lists, like this one, and see what ones draw your eye:

http://screenrant.com/playstation-4-best-exclusives/

Note: I own an XBO S, and prefer the XBOX Consoles over the PlayStation Consoles, so I can only be of limited assistance here.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)