What is Microsoft XNA Framework Redistributable 4.0

drkknghtavngr

I have an app called Driver Booster that always notifies me too upgrate to pro so I can install microsoft xna framework redistributable 4.0. So I did. My question is what is microsoft xna framework redistributable 4.0?

1 hour ago, drkknghtavngr said:

I have an app called Driver Booster that always notifies me too upgrate to pro so I can install microsoft xna framework redistributable 4.0. So I did. My question is what is microsoft xna framework redistributable 4.0?

XNA Framework

The XNA Framework Redistributable download provides game developers with the XNA Framework run-time libraries they can include with their product for redistribution on the Windows platform.

I suggest that you get rid of this 'Driver Booster' garbage... Those kind of applications are never good. All they do is pray upon the ignorant in order to deliver malware and other rubbish.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

2 minutes ago, Nuluvius said:

XNA Framework

I suggest that you get rid of this 'Driver Booster' garbage... Those kind of applications are never good. All they do is pray on the ignorant in order to deliver malware and other rubbish.

you just copy pasted :( but tnx anyways.

1 minute ago, drkknghtavngr said:

you just copy pasted :( but tnx anyways.

Is there something that you don't understand? 

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

XNA is a game development toolset MS produces that makes it easier to create a game for windows and xbox platforms. What you are being asked to download is a set of libraries. You should get XNA direct from MS. It is free.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

50 minutes ago, Nuluvius said:

Is there something that you don't understand? 

The link doesn't work.

In any event XNA Framework is deprecated, it's a dead technology that's no longer supported. If you didn't have a very specific requirement for it's use then the fact that the garbadgeware was trying to install it should have been the first warning sign (maybe the first warning sign should have in fact even been considering that crap in the very first place), let alone trying to get you to actually pay for it!

Moreover it's not even a 'driver'...

well yes its a game framework by microsoft and its very old at this point (i learned game development with it back in the day)

but it can also be used for other visualizations. i have used it in a couple off add ons for professional software.

e.g.

the software was existent in winforms (also old at this point) and the wish was for a trace window to be implemented (data table following stream of data rather than fixed amount of entries) sadly the standard tool couldnt handle redrawing fast enough so i faked the design of a standard winforms table control in XNA since as a gaming oriented framework it allowed me to draw 60 fps with very minimal overhead.

also 2D/3D real time graph modules have requiered the use of XNA for me in the past

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

• 3 years later...
On 7/6/2017 at 3:15 PM, Nuluvius said:

XNA Framework

I suggest that you get rid of this 'Driver Booster' garbage... Those kind of applications are never good. All they do is pray upon the ignorant in order to deliver malware and other rubbish.

driver booster is legit and and it isent counted as a virus or pup