GPU Buzzing noise in games?

Go to solution Solved by VikingGaming,
9 minutes ago, Nickbandit2 said:

Yeah, i'm 100% sure i had the issue back when i tried Doom when i was at like 1000FPS in the menu, i remember the sound was present there too, just quite alot louder. I guess i'll just let it go, i can't hear it trough my headset anyway, and i've had the card for like 2 months and no other issues with it.

Same for me, I run both my cards overclocked, no issues with them whatsoever. I got the same buzzing occasionally when I ran dual 980's as well.

Hey guys, so i've noticed a wierd buzzing noise from the PC, it only occurs when playing games. At first, i suspected it was coming from my CPU fans, but after a bit of testing, i'm quite sure it dosen't. As far as i can hear, it comes directly from the GPU. However, when i benchmark the GPU of screen, no buzzing sound occurs? Does anybody know why?

Thanks.

this is called coil whine my friend, its due to gpu load, nothing you can do about it.

6 minutes ago, MrJarhead said:

this is called coil whine my friend, its due to gpu load, nothing you can do about it.

That was what i suspected at first, but it dosen't sound like Coil whine, it's more blike an electrical Bzzzz noise than the typical Whine? 

Just now, Nickbandit2 said:

That was what i suspected at first, but it dosen't sound like Coil whine, it's more blike an electrical Bzzzz noise than the typical Whine? 

it is most likely coil whine, coil whine doesnt always sound the same on every gpu, if your gpu is running how it should, dont worry about it, ive had a 970 and a 1080 with coil whine, usually when you have higher fps it occurs.

Just now, MrJarhead said:

it is most likely coil whine, coil whine doesnt always sound the same on every gpu, if your gpu is running how it should, dont worry about it, ive had a 970 and a 1080 with coil whine, usually when you have higher fps it occurs.

Alright, thanks. I'm playing Dark Souls 3 as of right now, which has a limit to 60FPS, but my monitor is set to 144HZ, could that be the cause of the issue? 

1 minute ago, Nickbandit2 said:

Alright, thanks. I'm playing Dark Souls 3 as of right now, which has a limit to 60FPS, but my monitor is set to 144HZ, could that be the cause of the issue? 

No, monitor refresh rate does not impact this. I have to 1080's, and I get this buzzing sound as well. Usually happens when I get a shitload of FPS (400+ in menus and such), but it does occasionally occur if the GPU's are under heavy load.

Quote me in replies so I see them.

Just now, VikingGaming said:

No, monitor refresh rate does not impact this. I have to 1080's, and I get this buzzing sound as well. Usually happens when I get a shitload of FPS (400+ in menus and such), but it does occasionally occur if the GPU's are under heavy load.

Yeah, i'm 100% sure i had the issue back when i tried Doom when i was at like 1000FPS in the menu, i remember the sound was present there too, just quite alot louder. I guess i'll just let it go, i can't hear it trough my headset anyway, and i've had the card for like 2 months and no other issues with it.

9 minutes ago, Nickbandit2 said:

Same for me, I run both my cards overclocked, no issues with them whatsoever. I got the same buzzing occasionally when I ran dual 980's as well.

Quote me in replies so I see them.

2 minutes ago, VikingGaming said:

Yeah, i remember i had it back at my old 8800GT and believe it was present on my 9800GT aswell, but aslong as it's not a damaging issue, i'm fine with it. Thanks for the help :-).