Floatplane Club as a Plex channel

To add to this, the current way i consume floatplane content is from my plex server.

I have downloaded every single episode and binge watch that weeks worth of content on Friday nights.

Would be nice to see a channel, failing that some kind of direct feed to download automatically.

Linux Daily Driver:

CPU: R5 2400G

Motherboard: MSI B350M Mortar

RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4

HDD: 1TB POS HDD from an old Dell

SSD: 256GB WD Black NVMe M.2

Case: Phanteks Mini XL DS

PSU: 1200W Corsair HX1200

Gaming Rig:

CPU: i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270-N Wi-Fi ITX

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4

GPU: Asus Turbo GTX 1070 @ 2GHz

HDD: 3TB Toshiba something or other

SSD: 512GB WD Black NVMe M.2

Case: Shared with Daily - Phanteks Mini XL DS

PSU: Shared with Daily - 1200W Corsair HX1200

Server

CPU: Ryzen7 1700

Motherboard: MSI X370 SLI Plus

RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4

GPU: Nvidia GT 710

HDD: 1X 10TB Seagate ironwolf NAS Drive.  4X 3TB WD Red NAS Drive.

SSD: Adata 128GB

Case: NZXT Source 210 (white)

PSU: EVGA 650 G2 80Plus Gold

I tend to do the same. So I'd love this too in the future, once the platform gets to where it needs to be.

e59e3fb6a7f009e3481012d9d944a1fc.png

:P

DAEDALUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 - 1600 @ 3.7Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo Black Edition // Motherboard: Asus RoG Strix B350-F Gaming // Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 6GB GDDR5 // Memory: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair LPX Vengeance 3000Mhz // Storage: WD Green - 250GB M.2 SATA SSD (Boot Drive and Programs), SanDisk Ultra II 120GB (GTA V), WD Elements 1TB External Drive (Steam Library) // Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro 700W // Case: BeQuiet Silentbase 600 with SilentWings Mk.2 Internal Fans // Peripherals: VicTop Mechanical Gaming Keyboard & VicTsing 7200 DPI Wired Gaming Mouse

PROMETHEUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: Intel Core i5-3470 @ 3.2Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master 212 EVO // Motherboard: Foxconn 2ABF // Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5450 (For Diagnostic Testing Only) // Memory: 2 x 4GB DDR3 Mushkin Memory // Storage: 10TB of Various Storage Drives // Power Supply: Corsair 600W // Case: Bitfenix Nova Midi Tower - Black

SpeedTest Results - Having Trouble Finding a Decent PSU? - Check the PSU Tier List!

1 hour ago, LinusTech said:

We want to make this happen. It's still unclear how it'll work especially with respect to music licensing.

It's possible we will have to eliminate the "download MP4" feature and force people to stream outright.. but if we can find a way to keep it, PLEX integration is something I personally really want to see.

HIIII LINUS. I am going to LTX, hope 2 see u there.

i'd love to see a Private Roku Channel as well

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

can you not have the service that is being used identified by floatplane as wether it is plex or not. Surely there is some form of identifier that can be used? then it comes down to a  simple piece of code that simply acts as a switch and enables or disables a service.  (ID = "Plex" then Disable download)

ok that code isn't accurate in the slightest - but you get the idea?

I'm very much interested on this. I'd go full head on FloatPlane if I had a more convenient way to enjoy it.

We could easily setup a test server to see what the viability and uptake would be.

EvoSeedbox (Personal preference, other providers are available), offer a 1Gps upload line, with 5TB of traffic each month. For 10$ a month.

LTT could script the video releases to automatically copy into the library folder for Plex, simultaneously as they are uploaded to the site.

Then each FPC member who wants access to the Plex Server could just "friend" the FPC Plex Library and the videos are then available on your own Plex Account.

On a 1Gbps line with 5TB bandwidth for the month, it could handle 100 users probably (even the longest LTT videos are only around 200mb in 1080p...except SYW obviously)...again, as a test.

I've used this as an example to test only. I'm sure LTT has much more optimised and better partners they could work with on a proper implementation xD

DAEDALUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 - 1600 @ 3.7Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo Black Edition // Motherboard: Asus RoG Strix B350-F Gaming // Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 6GB GDDR5 // Memory: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair LPX Vengeance 3000Mhz // Storage: WD Green - 250GB M.2 SATA SSD (Boot Drive and Programs), SanDisk Ultra II 120GB (GTA V), WD Elements 1TB External Drive (Steam Library) // Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro 700W // Case: BeQuiet Silentbase 600 with SilentWings Mk.2 Internal Fans // Peripherals: VicTop Mechanical Gaming Keyboard & VicTsing 7200 DPI Wired Gaming Mouse

PROMETHEUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: Intel Core i5-3470 @ 3.2Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master 212 EVO // Motherboard: Foxconn 2ABF // Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5450 (For Diagnostic Testing Only) // Memory: 2 x 4GB DDR3 Mushkin Memory // Storage: 10TB of Various Storage Drives // Power Supply: Corsair 600W // Case: Bitfenix Nova Midi Tower - Black

SpeedTest Results - Having Trouble Finding a Decent PSU? - Check the PSU Tier List!

17 hours ago, LinusTech said:

We want to make this happen. It's still unclear how it'll work especially with respect to music licensing.

It's possible we will have to eliminate the "download MP4" feature and force people to stream outright.. but if we can find a way to keep it, PLEX integration is something I personally really want to see.

Thanks for the reply. I'm starting to really enjoy Plex (especially since I've started ripping my Blu-rays onto it) and having the majority of the content I consume in one place would be incredibly convenient, opposed to having YouTube, Floatplane and Plex and needing to switch between them.

Expert procrastinator.

8 hours ago, Nitroblast said:

Thanks for the reply. I'm starting to really enjoy Plex (especially since I've started ripping my Blu-rays onto it) and having the majority of the content I consume in one place would be incredibly convenient, opposed to having YouTube, Floatplane and Plex and needing to switch between them.

I got so into the ripping blu-ray and DVDs thing with plex i now own a 10TB Seagate ironwolf, and 4 - 3TB WD reds in RAID 5 to hold it all :/

I know what you mean and im down for supporting this effort as much as possible.  Even if it means an extra $2 - 3 a month for access to a private plex pass channel or something.

Linux Daily Driver:

CPU: R5 2400G

Motherboard: MSI B350M Mortar

RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4

HDD: 1TB POS HDD from an old Dell

SSD: 256GB WD Black NVMe M.2

Case: Phanteks Mini XL DS

PSU: 1200W Corsair HX1200

Gaming Rig:

CPU: i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270-N Wi-Fi ITX

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4

GPU: Asus Turbo GTX 1070 @ 2GHz

HDD: 3TB Toshiba something or other

SSD: 512GB WD Black NVMe M.2

Case: Shared with Daily - Phanteks Mini XL DS

PSU: Shared with Daily - 1200W Corsair HX1200

Server

CPU: Ryzen7 1700

Motherboard: MSI X370 SLI Plus

RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4

GPU: Nvidia GT 710

HDD: 1X 10TB Seagate ironwolf NAS Drive.  4X 3TB WD Red NAS Drive.

SSD: Adata 128GB

Case: NZXT Source 210 (white)

PSU: EVGA 650 G2 80Plus Gold

7 hours ago, MedievalMatt said:

I got so into the ripping blu-ray and DVDs thing with plex i now own a 10TB Seagate ironwolf, and 4 - 3TB WD reds in RAID 5 to hold it all :/

I know what you mean and im down for supporting this effort as much as possible.  Even if it means an extra $2 - 3 a month for access to a private plex pass channel or something.

I have a 3TB Seagate Barracuda, and it's already full (2TB of Doctor Who + movies uncompressed). It's also not redundant, so I really need to get a RAID array going.

Expert procrastinator.

• 4 months later...
3 hours ago, LinusTech said:

Had a call with Plex today about this. They seem pretty down :)

Just letting y'all know we haven't forgotten!

yay!!!!

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

4 hours ago, LinusTech said:

That would be awesome!

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

17 hours ago, LinusTech said:

Awesome man, thanks!

Expert procrastinator.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/21/2017 at 4:39 PM, LinusTech said:

I love how much the LMG staff listen to the community, especially those who are a part of the paid FP community. I'm sure that all of the energy is  being devoted to actually launching a proper FP website right now, but based off of how much Linus himself preaches about Plex I would be super excited to see this feature implemented. Truly worth my very limited college budget to pay for FP.

@ByteRunner @Curufinwe_wins @Nitroblast @Ezzy-525 @Tiz @Metal_Kitty @Tsuki

Super hyped for native integration with plex too xD

Though if you don't want to wait, I have actually made a script that already does this. Automatically downloading the videos and formatting them and everything for plex... If your interested you can check it out here: 

~ Main Rig ~

- Ryzen 9 3950X 16 Core 32 Threads - EVGA 3090 KINGPIN HYBRID - 32GB DDR4 3600mhz - 

- 6TB SSD Array + 2TB MP600 NVME Gen4 Boot - 

- Gigabyte X570 AORUS MASTER - Lian li O11 Dynamic XL - NZXT Kraken X73 + 16 Noctua NF-A12x25 Fans - 

~ Accessories ~

- Logitech G915 + G903 - LG C9 OLED PG279Q 27'' [1440p 165hz G-Sync] +  PG27AQ27'' [4k 60hz G-Sync] -
2x 1440p Portrait 25'' Dell - DT 990 Pro Headphones -

~ Servers ~

- 100TB NAS + Server's w/ 6700k - 32 + 64GB Ram - NVME Boot - Gigabit Unlimited Fiber -

oooooooooooo

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

• 4 months later...

I'd definitely re-sub to floatplane if I could have it all automatically on my Plex app.

Right now, the ease of use with YouTube is what is stopping me from going back to Floatplane. I mean...if you guys could do the same as them and have TV remotes with a floatplane button that would be swell xD

EN2G27__30266.1514043748.jpg?c=2&imbypass=on&imbypass=on

But I'll settle for a Plex Channel, or even just a shared server or something?

18 hours ago, Ezzy-525 said:

I'd definitely re-sub to floatplane if I could have it all automatically on my Plex app.

Right now, the ease of use with YouTube is what is stopping me from going back to Floatplane. I mean...if you guys could do the same as them and have TV remotes with a floatplane button that would be swell xD

But I'll settle for a Plex Channel, or even just a shared server or something?

On 5/2/2018 at 8:43 AM, benjisoft said:

Sorry to bump a dead thread but are there any new official updates?

Nothing official, but this is still very alive and actually just updated adding support for remote plex servers too... Probably the best way to get plex integration for now.

~ Main Rig ~

- Ryzen 9 3950X 16 Core 32 Threads - EVGA 3090 KINGPIN HYBRID - 32GB DDR4 3600mhz - 

- 6TB SSD Array + 2TB MP600 NVME Gen4 Boot - 

- Gigabyte X570 AORUS MASTER - Lian li O11 Dynamic XL - NZXT Kraken X73 + 16 Noctua NF-A12x25 Fans - 

~ Accessories ~

- Logitech G915 + G903 - LG C9 OLED PG279Q 27'' [1440p 165hz G-Sync] +  PG27AQ27'' [4k 60hz G-Sync] -
2x 1440p Portrait 25'' Dell - DT 990 Pro Headphones -

~ Servers ~

- 100TB NAS + Server's w/ 6700k - 32 + 64GB Ram - NVME Boot - Gigabit Unlimited Fiber -