This iPad WILL Change EVERYTHING - Tech Walks Ep2

1 minute ago, Daniel644 said:

Ipads SUCK

Why though? The thing is that for tech/nerds apple is not a good brand. But there software is so easy to use. Without the Apple software my grandma wouldn't been able to use the internet and other electronic devices.

My own build: RΛZΞR theme

CPU: Intel Core i5 7600K // CPU cooler: Cryorig H7 // Motherboard: MSI Z270 gaming pro carbon //       

Video Card: MSI Armor gtx 1070 OC 8GB // RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3200MHz //  

SSD: Samsung EVO 960 500GB // HDD: 2x WD yellow edition 2TB //

Case: NZXT H440 RAZER edition // Power Supply: Corsair RM550x //         

Operating Software: Windows 10 pro 64-bit

4 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

Ipads SUCK

Awwww. Someone didn't even want to watch the video hes so biased.

Main Gaming PC - i9 10850k @ 5GHz - EVGA XC Ultra 2080ti with Heatkiller 4 - Asrock Z490 Taichi - Corsair H115i - 32GB GSkill Ripjaws V 3600 CL16 OC'd to 3733 - HX850i - Samsung NVME 256GB SSD - Samsung 3.2TB PCIe 8x Enterprise NVMe - Toshiba 3TB 7200RPM HD - Lian Li Air

Proxmox Server - i7 8700k @ 4.5Ghz - 32GB EVGA 3000 CL15 OC'd to 3200 - Asus Strix Z370-E Gaming - Oracle F80 800GB Enterprise SSD, LSI SAS running 3 4TB and 2 6TB (Both Raid Z0), Samsung 840Pro 120GB - Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Super Server - i9 7980Xe @ 4.5GHz - 64GB 3200MHz Cl16 - Asrock X299 Professional - Nvidia Telsa K20 -Sandisk 512GB Enterprise SATA SSD, 128GB Seagate SATA SSD, 1.5TB WD Green (Over 9 years of power on time) - Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2

Laptop - 2019 Macbook Pro 16" - i7 - 16GB - 512GB - 5500M 8GB - Thermal Pads and Graphite Tape modded

Smart Phones - iPhone X - 64GB, AT&T, iOS 13.3 iPhone 6 : 16gb, AT&T, iOS 12 iPhone 4 : 16gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 7.1.1 Jailbroken. iPhone 3G : 8gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 4.2.1 Jailbroken.

had to only listen to the video after a while, the shaky cam was making me nauseous.

6 minutes ago, Hunter259 said:

Awwww. Someone didn't even want to watch the video hes so biased.

don't have to watch a video to know a device without expandable storage sucks.

9 minutes ago, Walt said:

Why though? The thing is that for tech/nerds apple is not a good brand. But there software is so easy to use. Without the Apple software my grandma wouldn't been able to use the internet and other electronic devices.

grandma could use Android just as easily if that was the one she learned first, when it comes to adding apps and running apps there really isn't much difference.

3 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

don't have to watch a video to know a device without expandable storage sucks.

That's a horrible way to go about looking at things especially given most expandable storage that goes into phones/tables also suck.

Main Gaming PC - i9 10850k @ 5GHz - EVGA XC Ultra 2080ti with Heatkiller 4 - Asrock Z490 Taichi - Corsair H115i - 32GB GSkill Ripjaws V 3600 CL16 OC'd to 3733 - HX850i - Samsung NVME 256GB SSD - Samsung 3.2TB PCIe 8x Enterprise NVMe - Toshiba 3TB 7200RPM HD - Lian Li Air

Proxmox Server - i7 8700k @ 4.5Ghz - 32GB EVGA 3000 CL15 OC'd to 3200 - Asus Strix Z370-E Gaming - Oracle F80 800GB Enterprise SSD, LSI SAS running 3 4TB and 2 6TB (Both Raid Z0), Samsung 840Pro 120GB - Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Super Server - i9 7980Xe @ 4.5GHz - 64GB 3200MHz Cl16 - Asrock X299 Professional - Nvidia Telsa K20 -Sandisk 512GB Enterprise SATA SSD, 128GB Seagate SATA SSD, 1.5TB WD Green (Over 9 years of power on time) - Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2

Laptop - 2019 Macbook Pro 16" - i7 - 16GB - 512GB - 5500M 8GB - Thermal Pads and Graphite Tape modded

Smart Phones - iPhone X - 64GB, AT&T, iOS 13.3 iPhone 6 : 16gb, AT&T, iOS 12 iPhone 4 : 16gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 7.1.1 Jailbroken. iPhone 3G : 8gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 4.2.1 Jailbroken.

Just now, Hunter259 said:

That's a horrible way to go about looking at things especially given most expandable storage that goes into phones/tables also suck.

not when you have 50+GB of music loaded to a card and don't want to spend a whole DAY transferring off of your old sd card then transferring to the new device each time.

Just now, Daniel644 said:

not when you have 50+GB of music loaded to a card and don't want to spend a whole DAY transferring off of your old sd card then transferring to the new device each time.

Since when has it ever taken that long? I did that on a 4s and it took at most a couple hours and that phone is very old at this point. Expandable storage is dying off anyway as it is. Streaming and cloud backups have bade it much less important.

Just now, Hunter259 said:

Since when has it ever taken that long? I did that on a 4s and it took at most a couple hours and that phone is very old at this point. Expandable storage is dying off anyway as it is. Streaming and cloud backups have bade it much less important.

maybe in areas where you can stream, I don't have consistent cell signal on my drive so having my SD card that can transfer from 1 device to another is crucial.

5 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

You can just get a lightning to USB adapter or wireless SSD for expandable storage. Cloud storage is an amazing thing these days as well. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

1 minute ago, ARikozuM said:

You can just get a lightning to USB adapter or wireless SSD for expandable storage. Cloud storage is an amazing thing these days as well. 

Totally forgot those exist and I even own one lol. It's expandable and still faster than SD cards.

Just now, ARikozuM said:

yeah, because thats what I want, a dongle that will break off, I use my tablet as a music source in my car, lots of in and outs of the car, I don't need no dongles or other expensive crap.

1 minute ago, Hunter259 said:

Totally forgot those exist and I even own one lol.

Everyone forgets about cloud storage and Lightning/micro-USB flash drives since "OMG I NEEDZ MY 100GB OF PHOTOS" on their phones rather than somewhere in the cloud or, this is ground-breaking news, on their PC's... I know, revolutionary!

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 

Just now, Daniel644 said:

yeah, because thats what I want, a dongle that will break off, I use my tablet as a music source in my car, lots of in and outs of the car, I don't need no dongles or other expensive crap.

They make them wireless you know? They also aren't expensive. They cost about the same as a flash drive.

6 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

They make slim dongles that will hide in an Otterbox or Griffin case. Literally just carve out a spot for a tiny SD card or USB micro-drive (like a Cruzer) and you're off. 

There's also wireless storage solutions from Toshiba, WD, and SanDisk or Kingston's 5-in-1 hotspot (or is it 4-in-1?) that allows nearly any drive to be added and accessed from the i-device.

https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Connect-Wireless-Smartphones-Tablets/dp/B00DR8LAE2

https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Connect-Wireless-Smartphones-Tablets/dp/B00DBX37H6?th=1

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

iPads or tablets in general are a limited used device to begin with. I can see some acceptable changes with the talking points @LinusTech mentioned but as for massive changes across the board hmm nope.

Tablets will always have their place and fill that particular need. That said Apples iPad just all their other devices are over priced and over hyped but they are well built devices and work well for their purpose.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

21 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

iPads or tablets in general are a limited used device to begin with. I can see some acceptable changes with the talking points @LinusTech mentioned but as for massive changes across the board hmm nope.

Tablets will always have their place and fill that particular need. That said Apples iPad just all their other devices are over priced and over hyped but they are well built devices and work well for their purpose.

See that's where you are wrong. You just declared iPad to be forever useless and no on smart would ever say that about anything

Apple's intention was like a bottom up approach. IPad Pro are extremely powerful hardware wise and IOS 11 is definitely a step in the right direction. At this point ipads can replace laptops for about fifty percent of personal use case along with having tablet advantages like thin and light and great battery. 

17 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

exactly, I pad like $180 for my Galaxy Tab 2 7" (slightly over half the price of the most budget Ipad) and aside from being horribly slow by todays standards it has served it's purpose as a music source while driving (headphone out to aux in on car stereo) for YEARS, gets a MONTH AND A HALF battery life doing this (and ONLY this, if you use the screen the battery life goes way down), recently I had to replace the headphone jack because it got worn out, so I used Ifixit to buy a new jack and take it apart and reinstall, the device is over 4 and a half years old (bought late November 2012), still supports all modern apps thanks to community development of newer versions of Android, and it supports my 64GB microSD card.

my point is for the usability scenario of a tablet it doesn't make sense to pay the money of a decently specked LAPTOP.

3 minutes ago, RedRound2 said:

See that's where you are wrong. You just declared iPad to be forever useless and no on smart would ever say that about anything

Apple's intention was like a bottom up approach. IPad Pro are extremely powerful hardware wise and IOS 11 is definitely a step in the right direction. At this point ipads can replace laptops for about fifty percent of personal use case along with having tablet advantages like thin and light and great battery. 

yeah if all your doing is watching netflix and browsing the web, real "pro" work will need a true platform like MacOS, Linux or Windows because those are the platforms that can properly run the REAL versions of software, why do you think the Surface is such a popular device, because it's portable like a tablet with good battery life, but at the same time can run REAL PROGRAMS, not mobile crap.

7 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

yeah if all your doing is watching netflix and browsing the web, real "pro" work will need a true platform like MacOS, Linux or Windows because those are the platforms that can properly run the REAL versions of software, why do you think the Surface is such a popular device, because it's portable like a tablet with good battery life, but at the same time can run REAL PROGRAMS, not mobile crap.

Do you actually think use cases are binary? Like there's just Netflix and then there's professional work, nothing in between. Sure real Pro work needs the true desktop environment and no one said iPads are meant to replace those cases. iPads are like cars while OSs like windows and macs are trucks.

Second Microsoft surface does not have a good battery life (heck it requires to be shut down). Buying a surface is a compromise because you don't get the performance of a real Windows laptop, nor do you get the good battery life, thin and light nature of the tablet. iPads are more towards the latter side but they are going more and more towards the former side because iOS right now do have powerful REAL apps

iPads can handle most of office use cases like document handling, spreadsheets, email, shared network, etc. Apple pencil is the most accurate stylus in the market, hands down and is great for artists and students alike. Affinity Photo app is a full-featured photo editing app for the iPad and Softwares LumaFusion is pretty powerful video editing app for the iPad (the iPad Pros can handle 4K 60Hz clips like a breeze unlike surface due to lack of similar optimizations and fully baked softwares). Don't believe you yourself can check out various youtube videos for the above apps. Here's one I recently came across myself 

iPads are pretty much perfect in hardware, but iOS still needs a few usability updates and people need to actually try the ipad before rather than jumping into conclusion that iPad can't replace a PC. Sure if you need some PC specific features like complex network management, professional grade software for intense media creation or requires alot of external devices, iPad is definitely not for you and will probably wont be for a long time. But if you are a very casual user, social media, media consumption, web, but even with flexibility to delve into prosumer grade applications like video and photo editing, ipads are great devices

3 hours ago, RedRound2 said:

No, the tablet by design is a limited use device. So I am correct with my assessment.

I did not declare it a useless device, it has it place just like desktops, laptops and smart phones. Yes tablets can replace a netbook not a laptop as netbooks and tablets have the same use case for 90% of those using them. The other 10% there is a greater use being utilized with the tablet and I could make that list but I wont as it is unnecessary. 

I think you may have misunderstood my comment. I was not putting down the device just justifying its position.

3 hours ago, RedRound2 said:

and no on smart would ever say that about anything 

I did and I am quite smart so what does that tell you?

2 hours ago, RedRound2 said:

iPads are pretty much perfect in hardware

Debatable. 

Massive difference in well built and perfect. Apple hardware is far from the latter.

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

The question I might have is if this worth to purchase this device instead of a laptop for the same price... I am currently studying  my last year at University and need a device/laptop that can be versatile, meaning that I can work on the train, bus, car, library, basically taking the device with me everywhere, a laptop sounds more than enough, but this device seems very robust and the screen is gorgeous. 

Just now here in the UK the 10.5" 256GB SSD just wifi cost £709.00 

My argument is that for the same price I might get a decent laptop, however, the screen is not that nice like this iPad. 

Any thoughts:? 

18 minutes ago, Messi said:

Please adjust your post.

Capture.JPG.10032673974159ef412a554f33b89efa.JPG

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

1 minute ago, Messi said:

It'd be up to you. I'd prefer a 2-in-1 like the Lenovo Yoga or iPad vs a straight hinged laptop.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, Messi said:

The question I might have is if this worth to purchase this device instead of a laptop for the same price... I am currently studying  my last year at University and need a device/laptop that can be versatile, meaning that I can work on the train, bus, car, library, basically taking the device with me everywhere, a laptop sounds more than enough, but this device seems very robust and the screen is gorgeous. 

Just now here in the UK the 10.5" 256GB SSD just wifi cost £709.00 

My argument is that for the same price I might get a decent laptop, however, the screen is not that nice like this iPad. 

which subject? 

Buy a low end surface if you are just note taking. That with the stylus is pretty fucking awesome.