Gtx 860m for bitcoin mining?

No, you need at least 4GB of VRAM and something that's at least desktop 980 level of powerful to make it worth the time.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Excuse me while I go laugh my ass off.

No.

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

1 minute ago, revsilverspine said:

No.

well gee mister thanks for your sincere insight much appreciated ill just go by a 1080ti or something.

7 minutes ago, revsilverspine said:

No.

Why be a dick about it, grow up, some people don't know much about particular subjects.

7 minutes ago, Ruwaaid said:

well gee mister thanks for your sincere insight much appreciated ill just go by a 1080ti or something.

The answer is no, you need a much more powerful GPU.

Sure you CAN mine, IF you have 4GB of VRAM on the GPU, and don't mind losing money.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

12 minutes ago, revsilverspine said:

No.

ur a rude boi

Main Rig | Personal Build | Windows 10 | R7 2700x 3.7~4.3ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B450-I | 16gb DDR4 3200mhz | GTX 1080 FE | Coolermaster Elite 130 | Corsair H60 | WD Blue SN500 500GB NVMe SSD + 1tb WD Green HDD + 1tb WD Blue HDD

Laptop | HP m6-w102dx | Windows 10 | i7-5500u 2.4~3.0ghz | 8gb DDR3L | GT 930m 2gb| 120gb Sandisk SSD

Phone | Pixel 3 | Verizon | 64gb

12 minutes ago, Lurick said:

No, you need at least 4GB of VRAM and something that's at least desktop 980 level of powerful to make it worth the time.

No, a 970 makes more than a 980. I tested it. But I do not recommend mining on anything right now. 2 weeks ago I got 1.4mBTC a day, now that everyone started mining I only get 0.7. Fortunately my electricity is cheap so I still make profit, but seriously. Please stop miniing.

To your question:
Download NiceHash miner and do a benchmark. Goto "settings" tab, click advanced, and you'll find your detected hardware, your CPU and GPU. Click on GPU, and then clikk on "Check solo" or something like that, im currently not home. It'll take you to NiceHash calculator, and it will be filled with your stats. Insert your power price to the bottom left of the page, and click calculate. The rest will be there.

5 minutes ago, thewipyk said:

No, a 970 makes more than a 980. I tested it. But I do not recommend mining on anything right now. 2 weeks ago I got 1.4mBTC a day, now that everyone started mining I only get 0.7. Fortunately my electricity is cheap so I still make profit, but seriously. Please stop miniing.

To your question:
Download NiceHash miner and do a benchmark. Goto "settings" tab, click advanced, and you'll find your detected hardware, your CPU and GPU. Click on GPU, and then clikk on "Check solo" or something like that, im currently not home. It'll take you to NiceHash calculator, and it will be filled with your stats. Insert your power price to the bottom left of the page, and click calculate. The rest will be there.

thank you! finally a helpful person here.

Correction: the option I said before is in the "algorithms" tab. 

18 hours ago, Ruwaaid said:

Is a gtx 860m suitable for mining?

That depends. Are you willing to risk burning out a soldered GPU due to heat and constant stress for slim pickings? Are you getting power for free? If you answered yes to both, then yes, the GPU is technically suitable, but as I mentioned, you won't be making a significant profit off of the GPU.

18 hours ago, Ruwaaid said:

While a 1080 Ti is fantastic at mining Zcash, or the various algos in NiceHash, it's ROI is pretty large at the moment. I would only recommend it if you intend on paying off some of the card via mining, but not all of it.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.