Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sylvie05

Best PSU for this computer?

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

So I'm building a mining rig (don't scream at me I'm using a single 380X that I bought a long time ago, also power cost isn't an issue) and I need a PSU


Specs: | AMD Athlon 64 X2 | 2GB RAM | 500GB HDD | Foxconn M61PMV | Sapphire Nitro R9 380X | ThermalTake Core V21 |  

 

I was thinking CX550M but I'm not sure as the GPU will be under full load 24/7, I'd like it to be as cheap as possible without blowing up.

 

@STRMfrmXMN @Energycore


My build | Ryzen 5 1600 | Cryorig H7 | GTX 1080 | 16GB Team Dark | MSI B350 PC MATE | 2TB HDD 250GB SSD | EVGA GS 650 | CoolerMaster Masterbox Lite 5 |

Phone: OnePlus 6T (OOS with Magisk) | Verizon

Proud owner of an Omnibot 2000 and 5402

@Vulrax❤️

Link to post
Share on other sites

CX550m would be fine.


PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU XFX GTR RX480 8GB- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD - PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum - Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync)

Other - Console Xbox 360 (Arcade) - Phone OnePlus 6, 8GB/128GB, Red(Limited Edition) 

         

Link to post
Share on other sites

It'll be good with the CX550M since only the GPU (assuming you're only GPU mining) will be at full load.

 

Edit: Have you checked how much you'll make per month from mining and how much Gold would save over Bronze in said month?


Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
14 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

It'll be good with the CX550M since only the GPU (assuming you're only GPU mining) will be at full load.

 

Edit: Have you checked how much you'll make per month from mining and how much Gold would save over Bronze in said month?

I still live with parents (I'm 14) so power cost isn't really a problem.


My build | Ryzen 5 1600 | Cryorig H7 | GTX 1080 | 16GB Team Dark | MSI B350 PC MATE | 2TB HDD 250GB SSD | EVGA GS 650 | CoolerMaster Masterbox Lite 5 |

Phone: OnePlus 6T (OOS with Magisk) | Verizon

Proud owner of an Omnibot 2000 and 5402

@Vulrax❤️

Link to post
Share on other sites

The real question is what are mining JK, tho that can be important, dont want to waste your time on bitcoin. The CX550M should be fine, if power was important I'd recommend a higher efficiency rating like the corsair SF450 but only if you're only gpu mining should you drop wattage. But since power isnt an issue, just pickup the 550 its a s solid 50$ option. rather than a 90$ option.

Link to post
Share on other sites

CX550M

4 minutes ago, SinsOfSeven said:

The real question is what are mining JK, tho that can be important, dont want to waste your time on bitcoin. The CX550M should be fine, if power was important I'd recommend a higher efficiency rating like the corsair SF450 but only if you're only gpu mining should you drop wattage. But since power isnt an issue, just pickup the 550 its a s solid 50$ option. rather than a 90$ option.

SF450 is SFX, not really good option. Would recommend SeaSonic G or EVGA G3 over that.


Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | Sapphire AMD RX VEGA 64 | Define C TG | Corsair CX550M | Cooler Master Hyper 212 BLACK RGB

 

Pacific Spirit XT (CPU signed by Dennis!) (Planned)

Quote

Intel Core™ i7-4720HQ (Taobao Special) | Asus Q87M | 8GB Kingston DDR3-1333 | MSI Radeon R7 370 2GB

Laptop (Legion Y7000)

Spoiler

i5 8300H | 16GB RAM | 256GB SSD | 1TB HDD | 1050 Ti | Power Brick

 

 

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List 3.0 | Don't buy the S12II/M12II | Avoid the EVGA G3

 

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JDE said:

CX550M

SF450 is SFX, not really good option. Would recommend SeaSonic G or EVGA G3 over that.

I did say like, and its a mining rig. not everything has to fit, though I guess we should assume OP wants it to fit.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just like @JDE said SeaSonic G Series


"I want things to matter i hate it when things are just, whatever. Cable management, whatever. Fan placement, whatever. Thermal paste application, whatever."

-Luke Lafreniere from CPU & Heatsink Lapping - Are concave, convex, or flat heatsinks best for cooling? 3:14

 

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-I am a Value Oriented shopper, always thinking if something is worth over the other.

-I personally look air cooling First,  if not go all out in Custom water cooling for Aesthetics.

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Spoiler

I am a Logitech Fan, gonna get that G633 Artemis Spectrum Headset. Since then I am interested (and open to other reputable brands) to sound quality and the Audiosphere.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SinsOfSeven said:

I did say like, and its a mining rig. not everything has to fit, though I guess we should assume OP wants it to fit.

It's still a bad option. There are many options that are better for cheaper.


Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | Sapphire AMD RX VEGA 64 | Define C TG | Corsair CX550M | Cooler Master Hyper 212 BLACK RGB

 

Pacific Spirit XT (CPU signed by Dennis!) (Planned)

Quote

Intel Core™ i7-4720HQ (Taobao Special) | Asus Q87M | 8GB Kingston DDR3-1333 | MSI Radeon R7 370 2GB

Laptop (Legion Y7000)

Spoiler

i5 8300H | 16GB RAM | 256GB SSD | 1TB HDD | 1050 Ti | Power Brick

 

 

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List 3.0 | Don't buy the S12II/M12II | Avoid the EVGA G3

 

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

So I'm building a mining rig (don't scream at me I'm using a single 380X that I bought a long time ago, also power cost isn't an issue) and I need a PSU


Specs: | AMD Athlon 64 X2 | 2GB RAM | 500GB HDD | Foxconn M61PMV | Sapphire Nitro R9 380X | ThermalTake Core V21 |  

 

I was thinking CX550M but I'm not sure as the GPU will be under full load 24/7, I'd like it to be as cheap as possible without blowing up.

 

@STRMfrmXMN @Energycore

I'd get the CX550 (non-M) for cheaper with a better fan (nice if the unit is going to be running 24/7).


|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| I like Power Supplies for whatever reason. Feel free to PM me with any questions. 

My system: PCPartPicker || Resources for PSU information: "links are not allowed ExDee" | For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×