200mm Fan Options

Eric++

I'm just looking for some help finding the best 200mm fans out there. My plan is to use a 200mm as an intake for a Cooler Master HAF XB EVO and exhaust out the front and back of the case (I plan on having radiators there for a custom loop). My main problem is just that there doesn't seem to be an awful lot of options for 200mm, especially if you're looking for pwm. I know Noctua has one but I'd like to know what other good options there are.

PC Specs:Custom Built PC

CPU:AMD Ryzen 3 1200 GPU:Zotac GeForce GTX 1050 TI Mini RAM:Corsair Vengence 2400 MHz DDR4 Motherboard:ASUS Prime B350M-A AM4 Motherboard Case:Corsair 100R PSU:Corsair VS450 

Laptop Specs:Acer TravelMate 8472

CPU:Intel Core i5 560M Memory:2GB DDR3 CPU:Intel HD Graphics Case:Its a Laptop Motherboard:Laptop Motherboard

honestly noctua has the best one, i could find 4 others, but those are from some weird brand. if you dont like the color of the noctua fans you can always paint them with specific paint

~i5-7600k @5GHz ~Be Quiet! Dark rock 3 ~MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G ~Gigabyte GA-Z270-gaming K3 ~Corsair Vengeance Red led ~NZXT S340 Elite

The 200mm fan in my Thermaltake core V21 is pretty good, nice and quiet and moves a lot of air. But if I had to buy one I would go with the Noctua one.

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

1 minute ago, Eric++ said:

That's a useful webpage for fans in general although unfortunately there's not a 200mm version for most of those fans.

Oh,sorry,didn't notice that.This could be one of the good ones:

Noctua NF-A20 FLX premium-quality quiet 200mm fan

PC Specs:Custom Built PC

CPU:AMD Ryzen 3 1200 GPU:Zotac GeForce GTX 1050 TI Mini RAM:Corsair Vengence 2400 MHz DDR4 Motherboard:ASUS Prime B350M-A AM4 Motherboard Case:Corsair 100R PSU:Corsair VS450 

Laptop Specs:Acer TravelMate 8472

CPU:Intel Core i5 560M Memory:2GB DDR3 CPU:Intel HD Graphics Case:Its a Laptop Motherboard:Laptop Motherboard

Well everyone seems to say Noctua. I guess I shouldn't be surprised but I'm amazed that companies like Cooler Master, Corsair, or Thermaltake don't make pwm 200mm fans. I guess there isn't much of a market for them.

3 minutes ago, Eric++ said:

Well everyone seems to say Noctua. I guess I shouldn't be surprised but I'm amazed that companies like Cooler Master, Corsair, or Thermaltake don't make pwm 200mm fans. I guess there isn't much of a market for them.

Read my post above, I ahve a thermltake one on my core v21 case.

[edit] you didn't mention PWM before, the thermaltake one isn't PWM, but can still be controlled by voltage in BIOS options.

[edit 2] you did mention PWM, but I didn't see it as the way you mentioned it wasn't very clear, lol  :D

Spoiler
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  •  
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  •  
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  •  
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

1 minute ago, paddy-stone said:

Read my post above, I ahve a thermltake one on my core v21 case.

But is it PWM? I couldn't find any Thermaltake 200mm PWN fans on newegg.

Edited above.

Spoiler
  •  
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  •  
  •  
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

18 minutes ago, Eric++ said:

I guess 200mm fans were popular when PWM wasn't as popular, at the peak of the high air flow cases era.

Nowadays there isn't much room for 200mm fans in the fashionable crystal shoeboxes everyone is using (not to mention you can make more involved RGB patterns by filling the space with multiple smaller fans, rather than just one big fan, and everyone knows PCs are just Christmas tress built out of season using computer hardware as an excuse).

I personally don't care about PWM vs 3-pin, but I think all 200-230mm fans I've used were 3-pin.

As a former 200mm user I wouldn't go back to it. 2x140mm is much better for both noise and performance.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

keep in mind that the noctua 200mm is thicker than the others, so it might not fit. since your case is compatible with 2x120mm and 2x140mm there isn't a reason to go with 200mm anyway

2 minutes ago, verytiny said:

keep in mind that the noctua 200mm is thicker than the others, so it might not fit. since your case is compatible with 2x120mm and 2x140mm there isn't a reason to go with 200mm anyway

The HAF XB EVO has plenty enough space on top. Also Cooler Master doesn't claim support for 2x120 or 2x140 for the top mount. Where do you see the compatibility?

28 minutes ago, Eric++ said:

The HAF XB EVO has plenty enough space on top. Also Cooler Master doesn't claim support for 2x120 or 2x140 for the top mount. Where do you see the compatibility?

unfortunately i am an illiterate peon

3 hours ago, Eric++ said:

I haven't payed attention to which your case was either, but now that I do: I happen to have the exact same case ;) And indeed, you can't mount anything other than 200/230mm on top without modding. Also, you need to pay attention to the location of the mounting holes: CoolerMaster has some 200mm fans that fit there (not sure all of them do!), but fans from other manufacturers won't necessarily have mounting holes aligned with the holes in the HAF XB. In contrast, some 230mm fans will indeed fit in the top panel. I have a 30mm-thick 230mm Bitfenix fan that fits there, although I can't currently use it due to the gargantuan CPU cooler in place. But, one day...

Bottom line: research any particular fan's compatibility before pulling the trigger.

I've got 200mm NZXT fans in my case that are nice and quiet on lower speeds. They aren't PWM as far as I know, though.

QUOTE when replying to others / Quality over Quantity in your posts / Avoid ambiguous topic titles

Desktop: "Shockwave" Core i7-5820K / GTX 970 SSC / ASUS X99 Deluxe / 16GB DDR4 / 120GB Samsung 850 EVO / 2TB WD Black Caviar
Laptop:  "Archippos"  Dell XPS 15:  Core i7-7700HQ  /  GTX 1050  /  16GB DDR4  /  512GB NVMe PCI-E SSD

I bought Cooler Master 200mm fans.... go with noctua. Best fans you can buy. NZXT makes good fans too. I can not speak for Bitfenix fans.

My coolermaster fans are ok, it is just a hit or miss on the noise. Go with Noctua, you won't regret it bud.

Instructions for frustration management:  

1) Sit at desk.   2) Repeatedly slam forehead against desk.

I never said I was smart, just smart enough to be dangerous.

ORLY?

……..'|:::::::,': : : : : : :_„„-: : : : : : : : ~--„_: |'
………|::::::|: : : „--~~'''~~''''''''-„…_..„~''''''''''''¯|
………|:::::,':_„„-|: : :_„---~: : :|''¯¯''''|: ~---„_: ||
……..,~-,_/'': : : |:    ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) : |: : : :|:  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)): \..|
……../,'-,: : : : : ''-,_______,-'': : : : ''-„_____|
……..\: :|: : : : : : : : : : : : : :„: : : : :-,: : : : : : : ?
………',:': : : : : : : : : : : : :,-'__: : : :_',: : : : ;: ,'
……….'-,-': : : : : :___„-: : :'': : ¯''~~'': ': : ~--|'
………….|: ,: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :: :
………….'|: \: : : : : : : : -,„_„„-~~--~--„_: :: |
…………..|: \: : : : : : : : : : : :-------~: : : : : |
You have been visited by the propane god, I tell ya hwat. Repost this on 5 more profiles or Hank Hill will bring the propain.

- credit to, @Cinnabar Sonar