Galaxy Note Fan Edition release (refurb Note 7)

Shimejii

https://hothardware.com/news/samsung-galaxy-note-fan-edition-rises-note-7s-ashes-july-7th 

Samsung has officially announced the Galaxy Note Fan Edition (FE), thereby affirming its belief in resurrection, at least as it applies to the ill-fated Galaxy Note 7. The new Galaxy Note FE is Samsung's attempt at an "eco-friendly project," and though not stated, also as a way to mitigate the losses from its Galaxy Note 7 recall that hit the company to the tune of an estimated $5.3 billion.

Should be interesting to see if they ever do go outside SK for this release, i wanted a Note 7 to upgrade from my Note 4, but the exploding issue caused that to not happen. I am strongly against the new Note 8 finger scan placement, if they follow the s8 lineup of placing it next to the camera. Its still going for a hefty $610 USD, which still makes it an expensive phone, but im sure if they came over here with some contract deals it could go for much lower. To bad the US isnt like Canada for fully unlocked devices. 

Samsung_Galaxy_Note_Fan_Edition.jpg

Because it's fanning the flames.

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

Interesting, but sad that it'll likely never reach North American shores. I'm totally with you on the placement of the finger print scanner on this years phones, it's the main reason I'm skipping the Note this year and getting something else instead.

8 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

They must have a huge pile of the thing to offload, cuz Note 8 is also comong out. That and a butchered battery it had better be marked down else no one would buy. 

Yeah, because a whole 300mah is reallllly going to devastate the battery life /s 9_9

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

I mean i have a pretty big hand and that still would be really annoying, i have tried the s8 in stores and its just bleh, annoying and not a habit i would enjoy. Overall 300 mah wont be noticable, its about 20-40 minutes at most.

1 minute ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

I'm not really sure why they are trying again.

To try to make up for the $18m loss they suffered from the Galaxy Note 7, as well as avoiding having to fill up landfills with unsold Galaxy Note 7s, since there's no real "safe" way to dispose of a phone or their batteries yet (especially the battery.)

Just now, Daring said:

To try to make up for the $18m loss they suffered from the Galaxy Note 7, as well as avoiding having to fill up landfills with unsold Galaxy Note 7s, since there's no real "safe" way to dispose of a phone yet.

I'm assuming it's cheaper and easier to just sell them with a different battery at a loss than to try to dispose of them.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Just now, Dan Castellaneta said:

I'm assuming it's cheaper and easier to just sell them with a different battery at a loss than to try to dispose of them.

Yes, and less damaging to the environment.

1 minute ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Fair enough, that works as a decent explanation, or at the very least, assumption.

Well, that's the most official explanation I can give. There's no real "safe" way of disposing a phone, let alone the batteries. Plus that $18m loss Samsung suffered as a result of the Galaxy Note 7's failure.

are they that desperate to make money? the company's in profit already in billions & they still act desperate?

Details separate people.

If it didnt have a Pixel XL i'd snap that shit right up. I was upgrading from a Note Edge and was raging at the Note 7 debacle. Let's hope the Pixel 2 or Note 8 does thing's right.

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

13 minutes ago, Noctus said:

-snip-

Heretic!!!

Heretic_Elite.thumb.jpg.e7fd516c213479c7e9b969ea636d4b67.jpg

How dare you undermine the Pixel!?

Ahhhhhhhh

Groomlake Authority

3 minutes ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

-snip-

lmao, the Note 7 was announced well before the pixel. And since i had the "Original curved edge" Note Edge, i was cheesing when i heard about the Note 7. The features it advertised were amazing to me and a deffo "must buy". Pixel was my second option when the note wasn't gonna get shipped etc. And i admit, day one updates, unlimited google storage for vids and pics (no sd cards was my main gripe with newer phones) and a nearly vanilla android with next to none bloatware was vastly more appealing over what was available at the time. If i could of lasted the 4 months from my phone being nicked to the s8+ getting released i would of probably pulled the gun on it since i've had a pretty decent experience with Samsung.

Lets hope the pixel 2 go balls out with features, since admittedly, compared to other's it does lack in places (waterproofing, speakers, edge to edge screen (tho the current bars top and bot make holing it without activating the screen a pure joy, especially for movie watching). Basically i want, edge to edge screen, top waterproofing, and the features of the note edge 7/8+ with the vanilla of pixel android and googles storage services and immediate updates..... not asking for much :D:D

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

12 minutes ago, DoctorZeus said:

$610 for a refurbished bomb hahahaaaaaahaaaahahahaha

completely different battery, read the article

6 minutes ago, Noctus said:

-snip-

I want all of that on a flat display with no bezels, Essential phone style :P.

Groomlake Authority

4 hours ago, Tech_Dreamer said:

are they that desperate to make money? the company's in profit already in billions & they still act desperate?

You wouldn't try to salvage a product that your company spent so much time, effort, and money on?

You've got to think, what are they going to do with 2.5 million+ devices that they've invested material cost( at least hundreds per device), labor (probably around $5 per device), R&D (likely millions attributed to note 7). That's literally a sunk cost of over a billion dollars unless you figure out a way to recoup and the best return on investment is to try to fix and sell the devices.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

for 610, still a better buy than the op5, unless they fixed the jellyscreen....

*checks one plus forum*

nope. Still strongly believe that it's normal behaviour. Just pay the extra 100 for an overall better device

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

2 hours ago, Noctus said:

completely different battery, read the article

Don't bring him down, just let him sail!

If people are still able to ride out a joke that barely passed as funny when it was at least somewhat relevant, you've just got to let them keep going.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

1 hour ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

You wouldn't try to salvage a product that your company spent so much time, effort, and money on?

You've got to think, what are they going to do with 2.5 million+ devices that they've invested material cost( at least hundreds per device), labor (probably around $5 per device), R&D (likely millions attributed to note 7). That's literally a sunk cost of over a billion dollars unless you figure out a way to recoup and the best return on investment is to try to fix and sell the devices.

But r & d was pretty much wasted in real world performance. salvaging is okay i guess , but they rushed it out for profits either ways to meet a scheduled timeline of release i guess . .

Details separate people.

4 hours ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

I want all of that on a flat display with no bezels, Essential phone style :P.

I was thinking more the Xiaomi Mi MIX, that edge to edge screen was sexy when revealed. But now that i think, the iphone 8's complete edge to edge screen would be sexy in that package i described :D

I'd love a curved screen option aswel (while retaining the FULL edge to edge screen) as i quite like the functions it brought (the swipe for contact's etc, status bar on the side instead of taking space at top al-la Note Edge... go have a google, it was the shit, then samsung fucked it on the s7 by removing genius features for w/e reason)

Imagine the pixel 2 brought most of those functions? 1 flat screen and one curved option + those immediate updates and vanilla android etc etc and the list i made? i'd happily pay 1k for that

and FYI just got a notification from Tom's Guide a Korean site has leaked the new note 8 will cost 1.1k$ for the 64gb model (theres a 128gb model aswel rofl).

If it's true..... alot of ppl will be upset lol.

Cool I guess, though kinda took time, Note 8 is closing in by now. =/

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |