Fan controllers for all my fans on my watercooling 900D

blindsighted26

Hi im looking for a nice small fan controller that can turn off some of the fans on som,e of the rads when the pc is not doing anything im looking at the 

mCubed T Balancer

or

Corsair link cooling node/commander

i have 8 sp120 in the 480 rad 2 on the 240 and 2 on the 280 any advbice would be very helpfull 

kind regards

Blind

CPU 5820K @ 4.5Ghz 1.295V,Motherboard Asus X99-S, RAM 16Gb TeamGroup Elite GPU Msi Gtx 780, Case Fractal Design Define R5 , Storage Samsung SM951 256GB M.2 , Samsung 840evo 250Gb, Wd Green 1TB, PSU EVGA 850w G2 ,Cooling Fully Custom Water Cooling Loop Sound Stealseries Wireless H

I just used two NZXT Sentry Mesh Fan controllers on the front Up to 5 fans a controller. You can just use 3 of them for your situation. I Also have two DVD drives so that's why i only have two... 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

Doesn't swiftech have an 8 fan header controller? not soo sure :(

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

Doesn't swiftech have an 8 fan header controller? not soo sure :(

Yea, it just plugs into your motherboard and you can have 8 connections

Yea, it just plugs into your motherboard and you can have 8 connections

and fry your motherboard :D

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

and fry your motherboard :D

By what percentage? I highly doubt a couple of fans could really burn out a motherboard -_-

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

If you're looking for a single-to-8 fan splitter, NZXT has the GRID device thing. If you're looking for just a generic, manual fan controller then any decent fan controller that carries enough wattage through each of the channels should be sufficient (you may be able to get away with running multiple fans off one channel).

If you're really determined to get something exactly, or nearly, the same as the mCubed T-Balancer, then Alphacool has the Heatmaster II. Mind you, it's a bit pricey but it is programmable and can operate autonomously (or nearly so).

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Would someone need PWM fans for fan controllers?

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

By what percentage? I highly doubt a couple of fans could really burn out a motherboard -_-

the motherboard 3pin header *

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

the motherboard 3pin header *

I want proof of this. Just to test if its practical...but I'm seriously joking.

Doesn't the mcubed t-balancer have something funny with the software. The fact that it has a heatsink makes it look like a hot cookie.

@chaozbandit is your profile picture Arden Cho?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95SYdjRVCR0&hd=1

I want proof of this. Just to test if its practical...but I'm seriously joking.

Doesn't the mcubed t-balancer have something funny with the software. The fact that it has a heatsink makes it look like a hot cookie.

@chaozbandit is your profile picture Arden Cho?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95SYdjRVCR0&hd=1

The Mcubed T-balancer has some finicky software in that it is a PITA to set up, or so I've seen people who own them quote them as such. It works wonderfully when it's up and running, but it may take a bit of work to get hardware that old operational.

And yes it is.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

@chaozbandit

.... Epic hi5 from UK to Canada

YES! Todays mission completed.

or there is the 

Aqua Computer Aquaero 5 XT LCD Fan-Controller very pricy but look to do what i want any thoughts ?

CPU 5820K @ 4.5Ghz 1.295V,Motherboard Asus X99-S, RAM 16Gb TeamGroup Elite GPU Msi Gtx 780, Case Fractal Design Define R5 , Storage Samsung SM951 256GB M.2 , Samsung 840evo 250Gb, Wd Green 1TB, PSU EVGA 850w G2 ,Cooling Fully Custom Water Cooling Loop Sound Stealseries Wireless H

You could use one fan controller and use a fan splitter to divide the cooling into sections. For example, lets say you have 2 intake fans, you could put them on a splitter and connect that to a channel. How many people run their front intake fans at two completely different speeds anyway?

- Front Intake

- Top Exhaust

- Bottom Intake

- Side Intake/Exhaust

- Rear Exhaust

You can make those sections be on splitters to be a respective channel and get by with a 5 channel unit.\

Just a suggestion.

Hi im looking for a nice small fan controller that can turn off some of the fans on som,e of the rads when the pc is not doing anything im looking at the 

mCubed T Balancer

or

Corsair link cooling node/commander

i have 8 sp120 in the 480 rad 2 on the 240 and 2 on the 280 any advbice would be very helpfull 

kind regards

Blind

I use the NZXT Sentry Mix 2...30 watts per channel and 6 channels with a just enough bling.....each fan connector will also accept PWM fans (no PWM control) but good since all my fans are PWM.  Good luck on your choice...if you need to, get a fan splitter and pair up your fans by zones (ex. front intake x2 on splitter, etc.) and then go to the controller.

http://www.nzxt.com/product/detail/129-sentry-mix-2-fan-control

http://www.amazon.com/NZXT-Technologies-Sentry-Controller-SEN-MIX2-M1/dp/B00DN3IT7M/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1385652464&sr=1-1&keywords=sentry+mix+2

Case: Silverstone SG09B Motherboard: MSI Z10 Morter M-ATX CPU: I5-6600K  Ram: Corsair LP 2400 DD4 16GB GPU: MSI RX 480 Storage: Seagate HDD Baracuda 2TB x2, Crucial M200 500GB SSD X2 (Raid 0)PSU: Silverstone Strider Gold 1000W w/PP05E Kit

"When to say :blink: WTF :blink: ....$2K rig only used for Minesweeper and Internet Checkers marathons...."