Unboxing Canada's BIGGEST Supercomputer

is that part of project "OPEN CANADA"?

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

WOOP WOOP
x2

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

But can it run crysis?

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

I guess a spoiler from the first minute or so mark:

Spoiler

People from the future:

"Hey guys, how is this budget gaming build?? I know it ain't much, but it's all I can afford:"

large.budgetgaming.png.da2b3c49f1c7894ef

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

7:26 of the video "is it cold there linus?"

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

3 minutes ago, Minibois said:

Hide contents

People from the future:

"Hey guys, how is this budget gaming build?? I know it ain't much, but it's all I can afford:"

hmm, only about 7gb ram per cpu

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

4 minutes ago, Minibois said:

Hide contents

People from the future:

Needs to have the GPUs listed too. I mean it is a gaming machine so it'll need some graphics horsepower outside of the onboard on any of the Xeons that do have onboard. 

1 minute ago, kerradeph said:

Needs to have the GPUs listed too. I mean it is a gaming machine so it'll need some graphics horsepower outside of the onboard on any of the Xeons that do have onboard. 

NVidia Tesla P100' done

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

2 minutes ago, kerradeph said:

no, we run it in software

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M

2 minutes ago, Vespertine said:

Scientific research or not, who actually needs 22,000 Xeon CPUs. I'm confused.

multiple hundreds of research facilities at the same time

1 minute ago, DXMember said:

multiple hundreds of research facilities at the same time

Oh I see, so they will all be able to access a part of the server at once via cloud?

1 minute ago, Vespertine said:

Oh I see, so they will all be able to access a part of the server at once via cloud?

if it's a part of project "OPEN CANADA" it might be even better - any Canadian should be able to access it, in that case I might consider moving to Canada

I really really really hope that Linus pull out one of those cables when he was pointing his finger at them. 

Just a oopsie opps Linus. Come on.... It's not like you haven't done it before...

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

I really loved this one, great job LTT!

I suppose it's obvious really, but it still interests me that these super-computers are comprised of processors not too distantly related to what we're all using, just in unbelievable numbers.

Wow that was impressive!  

Datacenter wise, the cooling solution is interesting :D   might be experiencing in this "spray cold water on hot fins" thing x)

It would be awesome if you could do a tour of more "conventional" datacenter too (colocation ones). There are a lot in Canada. I don't know for other regions, but just in quebec we have a dozen of them. Be it Funio, netelligent, ibm bluemix, cologix, ... you cloud have a lot of fun in these too, with more complicated networking as well ;)

Keep up the good work!   Your videos are still as awesome as the old days :D

I just watched the video and it was awesome, the "computer" part is, for me, kind of whatever but the whole cooling part and expandability was brilliant. Looking forward to the quantum computer unboxing releasing on youtube.

Interesting video... But regardless, not an unboxing.

Can Anybody Link A Virtual Machine while I go download some RAM?

Linus, this is what your whole room watercooling should have been like.

Whole room(building) watercooling done right.

Hey, there are no cards on Intel-RAM talk thing (i believe) and Bong cooling videos :P