A Little Rant About The Hyper 212...

CwGoh

<Start rant>

All right, I'm not bashing the Hyper 212, it performs great for the price, (and I use one) but many cooler equal it like the Xigmatek Gaia II and Enermax T40. I just don't know why does everyone only recommends the 212. 

<End rant>

Personal Rig

i7 4790K | Asus Z97I-WiFi | CM 280L | Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X | Kingston ValueRAM 2 x 8GB | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB Seagate SSHD | Seasonic Platinium 660W | Bitfenix Prodigy

I guess it's because it is trusted by many other users like us? :D

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 8GB 1866 Video Card: MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G SSDSamsung 840 Evo 250GB HDD: WD 1TB + 500GB Caviar Blue
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 Case: Gigabyte GZ-G1 Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown MousePad: Corsair MM200
Steam/Origin/Uplay: renz62

Because we all work for Cooler Master.

Desktop: Intel Core i7-5820K, Corsair H115i, Asus X99-Deluxe/USB 3.1, G.Skill Ripjaws4 32GB 2800MHz CL16, Zotac RTX 3070, Samsung 950 Pro 512GB in Angelbird Wings PX1, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, 5*Seagate 12TB, Cooler Master V1200, Phanteks Enthoo Luxe, Windows 10 Pro. Phillips 328P6VUBREB, Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown, Logitech G502 X Plus, Sennheiser HD700.

AYANEO 2S: AMD 7800U, 32GB 7500MHz, 2TB WD SN850X. Windows 11.

Well, other coolers perform about the same, but to give it credit, it is the smallest while performing the same and the heat pipes are machined the closest together in the centre, avoiding air pockets. 

But still, we should recommend other equal options too.

Personal Rig

i7 4790K | Asus Z97I-WiFi | CM 280L | Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X | Kingston ValueRAM 2 x 8GB | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB Seagate SSHD | Seasonic Platinium 660W | Bitfenix Prodigy

It's not loud, cools well, cheap (dirt cheap when on sale with rebates), and popular enough that you can find it almost everywhere.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

@CwGoh

how is the Hyper 212 good at 60$ SGD?Rather get a deep cool neptwin with that $$$.

Also somw other Coolermaster Heatsinks suck.I have a V8 GTS and for just 10$ more I could have gotton a NHD14 SE2011...The V8 GTS is worse than a neptwin,and even worse than a NH U14S which is much smaller.Certainly does not look nice because the wires were riddled with hot glue that looks like something done on a D&T class.

@WoodenMarker

only Murica have such discounts.A 20$ USD cooler sold at 60$ SGD.You can google the rates and you know why.

Because we all work for Cooler Master.

HEY you are not supposed to tell him that! Now our cover is blown

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

@CwGoh

how is the Hyper 212 good at 60$ SGD?Rather get a deep cool neptwin with that $$$.

Also somw other Coolermaster Heatsinks suck.I have a V8 GTS and for just 10$ more I could have gotton a NHD14 SE2011...The V8 GTS is worse than a neptwin,and even worse than a NH U14S which is much smaller.Certainly does not look nice because the wires were riddled with hot glue that looks like something done on a D&T class.

@WoodenMarker

only Murica have such discounts.A 20$ USD cooler sold at 60$ SGD.You can google the rates and you know why.

The 212 Evo is quieter than the Deep cool neptwin.

The V8 GTS isn't exactly bought for it's cooling performance and is quite different from the 212 Evo.

I simply explained why the 212 Evo was so popular. I never said it was dirt cheap everywhere. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Habit. It's what people use the most and is cheaper by about 6GBP in the UK than the enermax which might give you 3 degrees better performance.

@WoodenMarker

but the neptwin can be fitted with noctua fans

also for v8 gts is it possible to switch out those fans for noctua 140mm ones?

because it just works.

AMD FX-8350 @4GHz / Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 / G.Skill RipJaw X 8GB 1866Mhz / Samsung 840 120GB SSD / Sapphire R9 270X Toxic / Corsair CX500 / Fractal Design Define R4 / Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue / Xiaomi  Piston 2.0 / Steelseries Sensei / LG G3 32GB

@WoodenMarker

but the neptwin can be fitted with noctua fans

also for v8 gts is it possible to switch out those fans for noctua 140mm ones?

If you're spending more for fans, you might as well just get a better cooler in the first place.

Not sure. With modding, anything is possible.

everywhere sells it and so its always on sale somewhere. other than that i don't really like it that much, its very boring and small. 

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016