Does Vinyl really sound better?

Cs342

Then I don't know who don't think I'm glod. 

Why do you never see women produce with a DAW? Because they can't use logic or reason. ah ah ah. 

And here I was thinking it was because they are unAble...ton.  ah ah ah

Some vinyl sounds better than CD, and some CDs sound better than vinyl. I had multiple masters of led zeppelin, and one of the flac vinyl rips was obviously better. It had the music, almost inaudible hiss and pops, and captured the sound of the room it was recorded in. Then some vinyl can't come close to a CD. The volume is low, drowned out by the hiss pop, and sounds thin.

Long story short... Don't focus on a certain format, focus on the best sounding music.

Some vinyl sounds better than CD, and some CDs sound better than vinyl. I had multiple masters of led zeppelin, and one of the flac vinyl rips was obviously better. It had the music, almost inaudible hiss and pops, and captured the sound of the room it was recorded in. Then some vinyl can't come close to a CD. The volume is low, drowned out by the hiss pop, and sounds thin.

Long story short... Don't focus on a certain format, focus on the best sounding music.

How can I tell which format is best for each individual album?

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Some of us know what to listen for.

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

Volume up, light off, and see which one makes you smile more. Better is a misused word. It's all about what's better to you, not what testing equipment says is better.

Volume up, light off, and see which one makes you smile more. Better is a misused word. It's all about what's better to you, not what testing equipment says is better.

So I have to buy both types for each album...?

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

So I have to buy both types for each album...?

Cds tend to sound similar. Except for remasters, which are usually a bump in volume, maybe a slightly different mix. Finding a good record store is a huge help as you can more than likely sample. Buy used, sell, trade. Numerous ways. Shoot me a pm.