JayzTwoCents bans people from his channel

Majestic

I noticed on this particular channel I was never getting any interaction on comments, where I did before or on other channels. So I decided to test out my theory that he banned me.

Lo and behold, he does. Pretty sure it's not some automated box because those you can sometimes get through. It means he actually bans people.

Decided to test it on twitter aswell, and he banned me there aswell. 

I've never seen someone outside of the SJW sphere do this. And i've never even been rude to him but he did get triggered at me one time*. Guess he banned me right there, what a little snowflake lol. 

Youtube proof.

Spoiler

snowflakejay.thumb.png.ce8bef4d6b236a898fe611d3ec50086a.png

Twitter Proof.

Spoiler

snowflakejay2.thumb.png.04978e6ab9380041f04c399a75da471e.png

* Ill elaborate: He got upset I poked holes in his methodology. It wasn't a trollpost I made that ticked him off. But you can't expect someone to recall a very old YT comment unless they archived it themselves.

He's talked a lot about banning people on Tech Talk, I'm not sure why this is news to you.

So fess up, what did you say to get him to ban you?

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

@Real_PhillBert Don't watch his channel regularly, particularly not the tech talks. So I guess that's why.

Dude I don't even remember, but it was nothing personal. Just criticism. 

Probably something about methodology.

Eh, his channel, he can do what he wants. Don't see why that makes him a "little snowflake."

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

1 minute ago, Majestic said:

Because grown-ups can take a little criticism.

grown-ups should be able to take being banned

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

I mean, not trying to be devil's advocate or anything, but seeing as his policies on banning are out in the wild, I'd need to see the original post that ticked him off to draw any kind of conclusion. Granted, you may not remember, and it may have been a trivial response for you, but no one knows what it was, and I personally cannot conclude whether or not the action was justified.

OS: W10 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth P67 | CPU: i7 2600k @ 4.6 | RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz | GPU: x2 MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G | Storage: x2 WD CB 1TB, x1 WD CB 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM850x | Spare a moment for Night Theme Users:

Spoiler

I'm an erudite cave-dwelling Troglodyte
I frequent LinusTechTips past midnight
Dark backgrounds I crave 
For my sun-seared red gaze
I'll molest you if you don't form your text right

10 minutes ago, Nicholatian said:

Censorship of dissent? You familiar with that concept, yes? It’s pretty integral to how those unruly types operate.

Anyway… I don’t even know what to say about YouTube at this point. I didn’t know that content creators had such power over people – of course it doesn’t help anyone else besides them.

Censorship is for losers, man. Isn’t it ironic that JayzTwoCents is making efforts to rob people of their two cents on social media? Fuck him.

YouTube has always allowed channel operators to ban users from commenting on their channel. That ban is channel specific, and does not affect other channels.

It's no different from getting a ban on LTT.

Jayz has the right to ban people if he wants. I'd trust enough that he doesn't ban people without at least a half decent reason.

That doesn't make him a snowflake, anymore than it makes the op one for being mad about being banned.

I don't really see it as a big deal either way.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I'm not saying he doesn't have the right to do it. But it most definitely makes him a little bitch for doing it, lol.

Noting you say will make my change my stance on this. The chaotic element and the banter are part of the internet.

Just now, Majestic said:

I'm not saying he doesn't have the right to do it. But it most definitely makes him a little bitch for doing it, lol.

Noting you say will make my change my stance on this. The chaotic element and the banter are part of the internet.

I whole heartedly disagree. I don't know what you said to make him ban you - maybe it was harmless - maybe not. But him banning someone for something he thought was ban worthy doesn't inherently make him a "little bitch".

I would have to see the original comment to make a decision on whether or not the ban was justified.

Just because he's on the internet, doesn't mean he has to deal with everything thrown at him - that's why banning is a thing.

Would you call Linus or Luke a little bitch for banning people on the forum?

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Just now, Majestic said:

Well, I mean, that kind of kills any kind of discussion, forum input and criticism right there. Which basically brings this down to venting.

OS: W10 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth P67 | CPU: i7 2600k @ 4.6 | RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz | GPU: x2 MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G | Storage: x2 WD CB 1TB, x1 WD CB 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM850x | Spare a moment for Night Theme Users:

Spoiler

Dark backgrounds I crave 

Just now, LooneyJuice said:

Well, I mean, that kind of kills any kind of discussion, forum input and criticism right there. Which basically brings this down to venting.

You could even say that it's just as bad as banning someone... :P

3 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

You could even say that it's just as bad as banning someone... :P

It's like you can post and comment, but you get no replies or acknowledgement and you wonder why :P

...I'll show myself out.

Spoiler

Dark backgrounds I crave 

1 minute ago, dalekphalm said:

I would have to see the original comment to make a decision on whether or not the ban was justified.

So you could be the arbiter of what is "safe speech"? That's pretty narcisistic. You know this whole delegation of trust with regards to what is "safe speech" or not is what mostly killed the internet, right?. Now you have AI's scanning comments and shadowbanning or holding comments for a set period of time. Overzealous moderators *cough* wkdpaul *cough* taking offense with every slight banter or derogatory comment. And "safety councils" on social media.

Other than actual spam, like chinese spambots, banning or moderation is terrible.

Just now, LooneyJuice said:

Who ever said it was anything else than me calling him out? :P

1 hour ago, Majestic said:

I noticed on this particular channel I was never getting any interaction on comments, where I did before or on other channels. So I decided to test out my theory that he banned me.

Lo and behold, he does. Pretty sure it's not some automated box because those you can sometimes get through. It means he actually bans people.

Decided to test it on twitter aswell, and he banned me there aswell. 

I've never seen someone outside of the SJW sphere do this. And i've never even been rude to him but he did get triggered at me one time. Guess he banned me right there, what a little snowflake lol. 

Youtube proof.

Reveal hidden contents

snowflakejay.thumb.png.ce8bef4d6b236a898fe611d3ec50086a.png

Twitter Proof.

Reveal hidden contents

snowflakejay2.thumb.png.04978e6ab9380041f04c399a75da471e.png

How were you not rude but "did get him triggered?"

If you can't answer that accurately then this thread is clearly an attempt to get some people to jump on the "hate JayztwoCents" bandwagon and make yourself feel good about whatever the eff you did to someone; whom is simply trying to make a living for his family. WTF is wrong with you?

Are you jealous of his success? Do you have a failing youtube account?

I7-7700k@5.1ghz + 1080ti @ 2050mhz + 32gbs Ram + 2TB SSD = CSGO

i7-6700k@4.9ghz + 980ti @ 1501mhz + 16gbs Ram + 1 TB SSD = Backup

i7-3770k@4.8ghz + 680 4gb + 32gbs Ram + 500gb SSD = Retired/Office work

Just now, Majestic said:

So you could be the arbiter of what is "safe speech"? That's pretty narcisistic. You know this whole delegation of trust with regards to what is "safe speech" or not is what mostly killed the internet, right?. Now you have AI's scanning comments and shadowbanning or holding comments for a set period of time. Overzealous moderators *cough* wkdpaul *cough* taking offense with every slight banter or derogatory comment. And "safety councils" on social media.

Other than actual spam, like chinese spambots, banning or moderation is terrible.

Who ever said it was anything else than me calling him out? :P

Obviously my opinion would not have any sort of authority - so calling it narcissistic is laughable at best.

I would, however, need to see the comment to actually form a proper opinion on it.

We as a society have already decided that certain things are off limits. So you can call it safe speech, or you can call it a collective agreement.

Some people take it too far, certainly, but we must draw the line somewhere. Perhaps you subscribe to anarchy and individual freedom above all else, but society in general - and YouTube in particular - does not.

I'm totally fine with Jayz banning people on his own twitter account or his own YouTube channel. I HOPE that he only does it when it's warranted, but ultimately it's his decision. You obviously disagree with that, but we fundamentally disagree about banning/moderation in general.

There's also how criticism is delivered. Constructive criticism is good, but the way you deliver criticism can often be hurtful (And yeah you could say whatever who cares) or not helpful.

People have feelings. Telling them to grow thicker skin isn't a solution, since everyone has a limit. If Jayz does stuff you don't agree with, and he banned you, and doesn't listen to your criticism, you can avoid his channel and stop giving him revenue and views. Or you can make a post on a public forum, and see what kind of response you get.

Though as you can see, not everyone will agree with your stance.

12 minutes ago, Majestic said:

So you could be the arbiter of what is "safe speech"? That's pretty narcisistic. You know this whole delegation of trust with regards to what is "safe speech" or not is what mostly killed the internet, right?. Now you have AI's scanning comments and shadowbanning or holding comments for a set period of time. Overzealous moderators *cough* wkdpaul *cough* taking offense with every slight banter or derogatory comment. And "safety councils" on social media. -snip-

I'm not necessarily expecting this discussion to go anywhere, but he essentially posted what I did. I can't vouch for @dalekphalm's interpretation, I don't want to put words in his mouth. Nonetheless, my post was carefully worded to convey wanting the ability to form my own personal opinion on the matter. Same as you forming an opinion on what adjectives best describe Jayztwocents. I really don't think this implies being judge, jury or executioner.

EDIT: Never mind, he posted already the quick B***ard (no offence)

Spoiler

Dark backgrounds I crave 

If you don't remember and want to know what the comment was just go into your Youtube comment history and check what your comment was.Also I can imagine a youtuber banning a person on their channel but its hard to imagine them banning the same person on different a platform too without a apparent reason.

One word comments on youtube would most likely have put you in the spam comment section pending approval and that comment would most likely have been nuked, and since you made your presence felt on his twitter feed he either purged your tweet or hit you with the ban hammer (I don't know how twitter works that well, so this is just a guess) because he doesn't want to be infested by those who don't contribute and just spam stupid comments.

Honestly OP, you come across as kinda toxic on this post, which I'm guessing is why what happened, happened. If Jay wants to maintain a healthy comment section then good for him, I imagine doing so must be a lot of work.

1 minute ago, Nicholatian said:

I don’t think it’s acceptable to shadowban people, then… if you’re going to be banned, would LTT staff here do that to you or would they do the normal thing and just disable your account through and through? That’s the right thing to do with people who are unruly or whatever… the only things shadowbanning change here are the awareness dynamic and therefore how easy it is for users to lash back at such things.

Having never been banned, I have no idea how LTT does it. With normal "punishment", they will justify their actions (suspends, warning points, etc), and you have the opportunity to give a counter argument via PM if you feel wronged.

But YouTube doesn't have the kind of granularity in their comments section as we have here in a fully fledged forum. On YouTube, there's pretty much just "banned" or "not banned", on a specific channel's comment section.

Jayz also is not gonna have time to go through every comment he may wish to ban and give them all verbal warnings. Remember, some videos may have thousands or tens of thousands of comments on them.

i agree, in order for us to determine if you or jay are the one being a b****, we need further details, meaning we need the original comment