What to buy with current prices...

Misinthe

I got soooooooo lucky. I bought my 1070 probably a week before mining got cool again. 

Looks like I should get mining while it is still worth it

Don't let people discourage you from buying a cheap GPU. 

Just look at the used market like crazy. Use those second hand selling apps like letgo and offer up, ect. I bought my 1060 6gb EVGA card for $220 last week and I talked him down from $250. It's all about being persistent and finding the deals. 

i second getting a used 980 ti if you can get one from a reputable dealer or just waiting if you can. i dont know how many cards are in the rx vega line up but there might be a competitor for the 1070 from amd here soon. 

7 hours ago, luigi90210 said:

Don't let people discourage you from buying a cheap GPU. 

Just look at the used market like crazy. Use those second hand selling apps like letgo and offer up, ect. I bought my 1060 6gb EVGA card for $220 last week and I talked him down from $250. It's all about being persistent and finding the deals. 

The problem is where i live, all those local sale things are so overpriced, like they're asking $200 for a gtx580. 

4 hours ago, DoctorZeus said:

i second getting a used 980 ti if you can get one from a reputable dealer or just waiting if you can. i dont know how many cards are in the rx vega line up but there might be a competitor for the 1070 from amd here soon. 

Well the problem is not what's available but how it all gets taken by miners, when Vega comes and the craze is still on, prices will be crazy, just like how it happened with the 470/480 release, prices didn't stabilized until like 3 months after release. 

53 minutes ago, Miguel552 said:

The problem is where i live, all those local sale things are so overpriced, like they're asking $200 for a gtx580. 

Well the problem is not what's available but how it all gets taken by miners, when Vega comes and the craze is still on, prices will be crazy, just like how it happened with the 470/480 release, prices didn't stabilized until like 3 months after release. 

That's everywhere dude. There are local people asking $250 for a 780ti, it's about weeding out those ads and finding the good deals from people who know what their hardware is worth.