AMD announces their new Ryzen Pro series of Desktop CPUs

Misanthrope
24 minutes ago, Mathematech said:

Something I find interesting is that in the AMD to Intel chart where they show which processor is supposed to compete with which, they have the 1700 compete with the 7700, but leave the 1700X blank, even though the 7700K should presumably be in that position.

In the business space the 7700, and all non K SKUs, are preferred since Intel removes some of the business class features off the K SKUs. Things not on K SKUs are vPro and SIPP.

Did anyone else notice that those will probably be the Ryzen 3 specs? If so, the i3 is going RIP. Double the cores for the almost the same clocks!

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

52 minutes ago, leadeater said:

In the business space the 7700, and all non K SKUs, are preferred since Intel removes some of the business class features off the K SKUs. Things not on K SKUs are vPro and SIPP.

Ok. Good to know.

1 hour ago, suits said:

I really hope next year they crank the clocks up though, really where it's hurting them right now with a 4Ghz cap on 95%+ of their CPUs

They need the 14nm+ process for that to be possible.  It's a silicon issue, not a design one that causes the cap.  It's actually the same reason that Cannonlake isn't coming to the normal CPU market for Intel.

If we do see an improved process, it'd be next year with maybe a 200 Mhz bump. It depends on when the voltage goes nuts.

11 hours ago, TrevDevs said:

I never said it would stop hacking, i'm say advertising on "new and improved security" is a load of crap and its a shame people are stilling falling for it.

Except that security is all about layers, and this is just one more layer of security.  Are you saying they haven't improved anything in security on the Ryzen processors?  You have evidence to that effect?

9 hours ago, suits said:

I really hope next year they crank the clocks up though, really where it's hurting them right now with a 4Ghz cap on 95%+ of their CPUs

As @Taf the Ghost stated, it's a silicon issue.  GloFo's current process just doesn't allow for those higher clock speeds.  If it could, then Ryzen would be a true force for Intel to reckon with (as it stands, Ryzen is making waves, but a better process would make make Ryzen more like a tidal wave).

here is a Wccf post about this and they have the first leak benchmark of the R3 1200.

Looking at their expected pricing it makes me think AMD will gear the some of the APU's to be below the $100 mark.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

10 hours ago, Taf the Ghost said:

They need the 14nm+ process for that to be possible.  It's a silicon issue, not a design one that causes the cap.  It's actually the same reason that Cannonlake isn't coming to the normal CPU market for Intel.

If we do see an improved process, it'd be next year with maybe a 200 Mhz bump. It depends on when the voltage goes nuts.

They've gotta have a plan though as Ryzen is only the first chips in the Zen architecture or whatever they are calling it right?

2 hours ago, The Benjamins said:

here is a Wccf post about this and they have the first leak benchmark of the R3 1200.

Looking at their expected pricing it makes me think AMD will gear the some of the APU's to be below the $100 mark.

your post contains no post to wccf's post

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

21 hours ago, suits said:

They've gotta have a plan though as Ryzen is only the first chips in the Zen architecture or whatever they are calling it right?

14nm+ is coming, we just don't know when. There should also be some improvements to the CPU design as well. Zen 2 will be on 7 nm and that is either late 2018 or early 2019 (likely 2019). So a Zen+ or the 1850X versions are probably going to happen in the first half of 2018. We've just not heard anything yet, as Zen stuff leaked a lot because it was such a massive improvement everyone wanted to talk about it. 

Though what we don't know is the relationship between Zen uArchs and Intel uArchs. Intel used to mean big changes, but since Sandy Bridge the actual changes have been fairly small with a new architecture. (Mostly because each die-shrink requires reengineering almost every part of the processor anywya.)  Don't expect big changes with the Zen refresh next year, but hopefully some IPC & IF improvements with a moderate Mhz boost. 

Its really been a big year for AMD from the release of their ryzen pro CPU's and their new graphics card VEGA. My question is, is AMD really pushing for the high end of the consumer market in terms of gaming experience or are they just releasing these products for other uses such as general productivity. Another question would be why is AMD releasing the exact same CPU but with more "security" options. With the release of intel's new core i9 line up and NVidia's release of their GTX 1080ti, is AMD producing products that deliver exceptional performance when it comes to the high end, or are they opting for something else. I personally think that AMD needs to fight back against other companies with something that is directly aimed at the higher end consumer market. 

On ‎29‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 2:21 PM, BuckGup said:

If the heat spreader is actually black that is str8 dope. Also security is huge for companies. There are just a handful of laptops that support the encryption and security companies need so you see a ton of the same laptops all over. 

On ‎29‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 3:10 PM, tom_w141 said:

That IHS :o <3 If its really black looks sexy AF

On ‎29‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 3:15 PM, PCGuy_5960 said:

If the IHS is black, I may buy a Ryzen Pro instead of a 7800X :P (Only if they are unlocked)

but you're only every going to see it a few times. 

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

5 hours ago, PowerHungry14 said:

Its really been a big year for AMD from the release of their ryzen pro CPU's and their new graphics card VEGA. My question is, is AMD really pushing for the high end of the consumer market in terms of gaming experience or are they just releasing these products for other uses such as general productivity. Another question would be why is AMD releasing the exact same CPU but with more "security" options. With the release of intel's new core i9 line up and NVidia's release of their GTX 1080ti, is AMD producing products that deliver exceptional performance when it comes to the high end, or are they opting for something else. I personally think that AMD needs to fight back against other companies with something that is directly aimed at the higher end consumer market. 

Vega will target high end gaming, workstation (productivity/creation) and servers (machine learning). Threadripper is competing with i9 in the high end desktop market and there is epyc for servers. Gaming is limited by single thread IPC and clock speed. So Threadripper won't really do anything for gaming. Next iteration will improve IPC but clock speed will probably be limited by the process so it depends on which iteration will make the jump to 7 nm.

The Ryzen Pro is for companies with enhanced security and extended warranties. Things companies want and will pay for. It's not for consumers at all and there is no reason to buy one for consumers. The extended warranty is mostly to guarantee reliability to businesses so they will have peace of mind. 

2 hours ago, vorticalbox said:

but you're only every going to see it a few times. 

I don't care :P

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

1 hour ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

I don't care :P

2 hours ago, tom_w141 said:

So?

seems a waste, can you get clear water blocks? Might be able to see it then

3 minutes ago, vorticalbox said:

seems a waste, can you get clear water blocks? Might be able to see it then

Clear water blocks don't have a clear base :P

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

Just now, PCGuy_5960 said:

Clear water blocks don't have a clear base :P

well that's what we need next, clear thermal conductive material. Ice? Lol

10 hours ago, vorticalbox said:

but you're only every (sic) going to see it a few times. 

Not the way I'd use it. :P

On 6/29/2017 at 7:10 PM, Jito463 said:

If they actually made these black, I would buy one just to put on my shelf and collect dust look pretty.  I don't need to build a system around it, and I already have an 1800x, so it would strictly be for display.