Pump cable too short? EKWB Fluid Gaming A240

Recently brought EKWB new aluminum water cooling kit and was almost finished completing the loop when I realized something odd. After filing the loop I removed the bridging and the pump testing cable and did not know where to plug the pump cable. It's only 2 inches long and cannot be placed anywhere close to an onboard header w/o looking awkwardly out of place. Am I supposed to use an extension cable? If so any suggestions. 

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro M

Mobo: ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero Alpha

CPU: Intel i5 6600K

RAM: GSkill Trident Z 16GB 3200MHz

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC 

IMG_0250.JPG

I found it but needed another one. Luckily I had a spare lying around. At first I used it to connect to the CPU header then to the fan splitter which connected to my fans & pump, but the pump did not run. So that second one was long enough to go to my water pump header. Thanks for the help EK Luc!

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/29/2017 at 7:02 AM, EK Luc said:

You're suppose to have an extension cable.

Here's a picture and it's the one on the upper right.

I also came across this same problem... Why did this kit not include two 4 pin extension cables??? There is not enough length for the fans even after being attached to the Y splitter cable. What's really odd to me, is the fact that ekwb thought to include L wrenches with proper screws so people would not need a screw driver, but ekwb couldn't include a second extension cable for the fans. It just seems like for a kit that is supposed to include "everything" to get you started, it seems like the kit needs a second extension cable to attach the fans. Maybe this should be noted on the product site, manual, and video tutorial? I have plenty of screw drivers, but zero 4 pin extension cables laying around- Just a suggestion. Other than that, the EK Fluid Gaming A240 kit is very nice!

I would suggest including the longer 4 pin pwm fan splitter cables instead just in case you want to install the radiator in the front. Mine barely made it without an extension cable. 

43 minutes ago, SockMonkeys159 said:

I would suggest including the longer 4 pin pwm fan splitter cables instead just in case you want to install the radiator in the front. Mine barely made it without an extension cable. 

Yes, I agree. That's kind of what I was referring to with suggesting ekwb should include a second 4 pin extension cable (and just connecting that to the splitter cable that was included with the kit).