[UPDATED] Der8auer States Some X299 Low End boards Have Bad VRM Coolers

12 minutes ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

This thread has derailed so far that you can't simply assume posts are related to OP in any way :P 

Yeah, I'm looking here and all I can see if a striking resemblance to Metal Gear Solid's plot now, just a load of story threads loosely tangled into a plot and still fun to play.

Yours faithfully

12 minutes ago, tom_w141 said:

Intel fans do that ASAP, to get the conversation going in any other direction that doesn't reflect badly on infallible Intel

No. We don't try to force a single train of thought conversation that would leave this thread nigh dead on page 3. Conversation evolves naturally.

14 minutes ago, tom_w141 said:

Though if you comment on it the response will be that they are able to discuss anything they like regardless of thread topic.

The thread topic isn't worth having a dedicated thread. It'd be better as an update to the "7900X Coming in Hot" thread. Sorry if people seriously considering the platform ran out of things to say on X299 VRM issues, and slowly moved away from the boring topic.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

The thread topic isn't worth having a dedicated thread. It'd be better as an update to the "7900X Coming in Hot" thread. Sorry if people seriously considering the platform ran out of things to say on X299 VRM issues, and slowly moved away from the boring topic.

Oh no, the actual VRMs are fine and can handle the chips, the single 8 pin connectors and coolers are what are the issue, when he removed the coolers and ran the VRM without a cooler it ran at just 80°C, still hot but not near and at TJmax. This is barely related to the 7900X since it only effect certain boards, and likely the high high end ones won't be bad. 

Yours faithfully

Just now, Lord Nicoll said:

This is barely related to the 7900X since it only effect certain boards, and likely the high high end ones won't be bad.

Well, Tom's topic is about X299 chips as a whole going to be hot, not just the 7900X. That's just the chip used in the article his topic uses as the basis. Personally, I say that there is very little to actually say on this particular topic, hence why it got derailed to fast, and it would have been 10,000x better to just amend an existing thread that is covering the thermal issues on X299.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

Just now, Drak3 said:

Well, Tom's topic is about X299 chips as a whole going to be hot, not just the 7900X. That's just the chip used in the article his topic uses as the basis. Personally, I say that there is very little to actually say on this particular topic, hence why it got derailed to fast, and it would have been 10,000x better to just amend an existing thread that is covering the thermal issues on X299.

Well I didn't make any of the other threads so I can't edit them, oh well. When you have so many people all throwing their opinion in, any thread gets derailed easily, have a look through the entire news section, it happens a lot

Yours faithfully

Why are people saying that Threadripper will have no such issues? Threadripper hasn't even launched yet, let's stop making shit up. For all we know, Threadripper may have the same or even worse issues.... 

All the boards in the video are low/mid end, I don't think that people who can afford a $1000 CPU and want to overclock it will get the cheapest motherboard they can buy. Most people buying these boards will get a 7800X or 7820X (or a 7740X/7640X), which have fewer cores (and thus draw less power), so a single 8 pin should be enough.

And why is Intel at fault? If these were BIOS issues, I would agree that this is Intel's fault. But if motherboard manufacturers can't design a heatsink that can properly cool the VRM, why should we blame Intel for this? This is clearly ASUS's/Gigabyte's/MSI's etc fault, they shouldn't have used a block of aluminum with RGB LEDs to cool the VRM.

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

3 minutes ago, Lord Nicoll said:

When you have so many people all throwing their opinion in, any thread gets derailed easily, have a look through the entire news section, it happens a lot

It got to the point where we were talking about whether or not I'm a boy or a girl. That's how little some of us can say about the thread topic, when we can go on and on and on with the topic of what PSU we use and why.

Just now, tom_w141 said:

If people are done with the topic then leave the thread?

If there is any conversation that is being had, there is no actual reason to leave the thread. And outside of the 'help me' threads, derailments ultimately aren't a big deal.

2 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

And why is Intel at fault?

Residual anger at the monopolistic state that the CPU market has been manifesting itself. Also, it makes people feel like they have bigger dicks.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

4 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Residual anger at the monopolistic state that the CPU market has been manifesting itself. Also, it makes people feel like they have bigger dicks.

I guess... Ryzen's memory issues (which are still somewhat present) aren't a problem, but LOW END X299 BOARDS RUN HOT WHEN PAIRED WITH THE 10 CORE 7900X! Intel sucks, X299 was rushed and yada yada yada. 

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

2 hours ago, Drak3 said:

:D I guess I'll get some deserved punishment for shitposting but... :D

Spoiler

7870466a6b461922ea4bff0a135f8493372fefb9

Edited by SpaceGhostC2C
Spoiler, not quote.

Just now, SpaceGhostC2C said:

I guess I'll get some deserved punishment for shitposting but

Careful, we might end up talking about whether I have a dog or a cat on page 7.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

I guess... Ryzen's memory issues (which are still somewhat present) aren't a problem, but LOW END X299 BOARDS RUN HOT! Intel sucks, X299 was rushed and yada yada yada. 

Doesn't that feel better.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

8 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

I guess... Ryzen's memory issues (which are still somewhat present) aren't a problem, but LOW END X299 BOARDS RUN HOT WHEN PAIRED WITH THE 10 CORE 7900X! Intel sucks, X299 was rushed and yada yada yada. 

Glad 300 to 500 dollar motherboards are low end. So in order to properly show allegiance to blue you need to spend... 600, 700, 1000 dollars on the motherboard? Because you know, how much you spend obviously is the be all end all for computer components. 

The memory issues are basically completely fixed with AGESA 1.0.0.6 but you can't fix a VRM with a simple BIOS-update...

And as we know from the past people are quite sensitive when it comes down to power issues, i mean the RX 480 6-pin issue was also a "big deal"...

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

6 minutes ago, DoctorWho1975 said:

Glad 300 to 500 dollar motherboards are low end.

$280-350 motherboards, which is low end for X299

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813145015

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813132993

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813144053

6 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

The memory issues are basically completely fixed with AGESA 1.0.0.6 but you can't fix a VRM with a simple BIOS-update...

Just remove the heatsink and add a fan or keep the heatsink and add a fan, issue fixed. Big deal! This is a VRM cooling issue, not a VRM issue.....

And remember the VRM ran hot when paired with the $1000 10 core 7900X, if you use a 7800X or 7820X temps will probably be fine

Oh, 280... not 300. wow, whew, the difference. So how much do you have to spend to be able to properly bitch when a product is inferior? 280 is obviously not enough, 350 is not enough... what is it? Tell us what is the bitching price point is.

3 minutes ago, DoctorWho1975 said:

Oh, 280... not 300. wow, whew, the difference. So how much do you have to spend to be able to properly bitch when a product is inferior? 280 is obviously not enough, 350 is not enough... what is it? Tell us what is the bitching price point is.

So if you buy a $1000 processor, you will get a $300 motherboard to overclock it? These boards are fine for a mild OC and for stock speeds, if you want to push the 7900X to its limits you should get a higher end board like the X299 Deluxe or the Rampage 6 Extreme

Answer the question, tell me what the price point is that it is acceptable to bitch about something that should work, you have been told will work, designed to work with the processor picked yet doesn't work. 300 obviously is not enough.. so is it 400... 600...800? Give us a number for the BPP, Bitching Price Point.

18 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

And as we know from the past people are quite sensitive when it comes down to power issues, i mean the RX 480 6-pin issue was also a "big deal"...

if that is true, why wont my 32gb 4x8 kit of corsair vengance red led run at 2993(3000) and only run at 2666

edit 

NVM im only the latest bios listed on https://www.asus.com/uk/Motherboards/ROG-CROSSHAIR-VI-HERO/HelpDesk_Download/ which is AGESA 1.0.04a

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

2 minutes ago, DoctorWho1975 said:

Answer the question, tell me what the price point is that it is acceptable to bitch about something that should work, you have been told will work, designed to work with the processor picked yet doesn't work. 300 obviously is not enough.. so is it 400... 600...800? Give us a number for the BPP, Bitching Price Point.

I spent £320 on a motherboard for a £330 processor, so you know, if an LGA 1151 board at the high end costs £320, and the processors on LGA2066 cost from about 400 onwards, expect to pay about 600 USD for a good high end board. 

Yours faithfully

Just now, DoctorWho1975 said:

The answer is it depends: Do you want to push your 7900X to 5+GHz?

13 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

If it's already struggling with the 10-core, what about the 18 core? 

Looking at the list of issues ... have they made anything decent since Sandy Bridge?  It either overheats due to bad TIM, bends because of thinness, has HT issues, general instability, etc etc

Lol, I don't know if you're kidding or you've just been living under a rock for the past 5 or so years. Either way you're just wrong.

Not commenting on X299, but the "have they made anything decent since Sandy Bridge?".

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

Just now, Lord Nicoll said:

I spent £320 on a motherboard for a £330 processor, so you know, if an LGA 1151 board at the high end costs £320, and the processors on LGA2066 cost from about 400 onwards, expect to pay about 600 USD for a good high end board. 

Right, thats not the point, amount spent isn't the issue. It's the fact that no one can bitch at 300 dollars, so is it acceptable to bitch at 600...900? Thats what I am trying to narrow down, so that way I can goto every Intel thread and tell em to stop bitching because they didn't spend enough money.

1 minute ago, DoctorWho1975 said:

Right, thats not the point, amount spent isn't the issue. It's the fact that no one can bitch at 300 dollars, so is it acceptable to bitch at 600...900? Thats what I am trying to narrow down, so that way I can goto every Intel thread and tell em to stop bitching because they didn't spend enough money.

I think the point is you are trying to take an arbitrary concept (like value) and nail it to a hard value so you can judge everything against it.  Tech doesn't work that way, there are too many different end user requirements and budgets.  Too me $400 on a  cpu and mobo is too much, but to someone else it is the bare minimum to spend.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.