[UPDATED] Der8auer States Some X299 Low End boards Have Bad VRM Coolers

Just now, Drak3 said:

A) Nope. Don't care much about EVGA's PSUs. I recall them being made by the same OEM as Corsair's, but not aesthetically to my liking, costing and performing similarly.

B) Jokes.

I knew you were joking, but the 500B is one of the best budget PSUs aroung

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

A) Nope. Don't care much about EVGA's PSUs. I recall them being made by the same OEM as Corsair's, but not aesthetically to my liking, costing and performing similarly.

B) Jokes.

EVGA uses a few different OEMs.

1 minute ago, Clanscorpia said:

I knew you were joking, but the 500B is one of the best budget PSUs aroung

eewwwwww.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Just now, done12many2 said:

EVGA uses a few different OEMs.

I'll reiterate. Ultimately, EVGA's PSUs, to me, are

Just now, Drak3 said:

eewwwwww.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

Just now, Drak3 said:

eewwwwww.

Not everyone has $1000 to spend on a PC

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

2 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

I'll reiterate. Ultimately, EVGA's PSUs, to me, are

Yeah, I can't do anything about the "eewwww".  

10 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

Not everyone has $1000 to spend on a PC

I'll pair a Pentium and a GT210 with a Corsair 1500W before I let a <850W touch any of my systems that accept full size PSUs. My Kahza build being the only system with a 450W, that isn't a prebuilt with a brick.

6 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

Yeah, I can't do anything about the "eewwww".  

Make EVGA make their PSUs less eeeewwwwwww. Maybe Hello Kitty white and pink, kappa.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

Just now, Drak3 said:

Make EVGA make their PSUs less eeeewwwwwww. Maybe Hello Kitty white and pink, kappa.

My GQ is great. It's quiet, semi modular, and cables look decent

Spoiler

AXIOM

3 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Truthfully, I don't spend too much time worrying about the aesthetics of PSUs.  Once installed in my case, they're rarely ever seen.  I bought my EVGA 1600 T2 simply because it was the biggest thing I could find at the time and johhnyGURU give it a great review.  Other than that, I just need it to keep up.  

3 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

I'll pair a Pentium and a GT210 with a Corsair 1500W before I let a >850W touch any of my systems that accept full size PSUs. My Kahza build being the only system with a 450W, that isn't a prebuilt with a brick.

Are you saying you only put PSUs 850W or higher in your computers?  Or only less than 850W?

3 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

My GQ is great. It's quiet, semi modular, and cables look decent

I'd have to go full modular at this point. Cable management is a bitch and a half, and I need as much help as I can get.

1 minute ago, done12many2 said:

Truthfully, I don't spend too much time worrying about the aesthetics of PSUs.

I oggle basically every component I buy before installation. But from where I'm sitting, I can see my RM1000X and it's purdy.

2 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Are you saying you only put PSUs 850W or higher in your computers?  Or only less than 850W?

Well, my main system rocks a RM1000x. So shaddup :p.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

Well, my main system rocks a RM1000x. So shaddup :p.

So only more than 850W?  ?

Is that just so you can shove anything you want without worrying about power needs?  

Or you also like big butts (PSUs) and you cannot lie?  ?

Just now, Bleedingyamato said:

So only more than 850W?  ?

Is that just so you can shove anything you want without worrying about power needs?  

Or you also like big butts (PSUs) and you cannot lie?  ?

Mines a case of I cannot lie.  :D

Wait, are we still talking about cases or did this just get awkward?  ? lol

Actually, we were talking about PSUs, so yeah, you just made it awkward.  xD

Actually, we were talking about PSUs, so yeah, you just made it awkward.  xD

Oops.  My bad everyone!  ?

I just noticed your sig.  2 1080 ti's?!  ?

4 hours ago, Hunter259 said:

This isn't being rushed. These manufactures know how to build VRM cooling and power delivery systems better than this. What I wonder is how threadripper is actually going to work. 2 1800x's are going to use upwards of 200-225w under load and thats not overclocked. Overclocked could see it running right up against the 288w 8pin limit and this is assuming it doesn't have any other increases in power consumption. It won't be as bad but it could if they decided to cheap out even further.

At 4GHz and your worst-case 1.45 vcore, an 8 core Ryzen uses right around 170 watts at full load.  That's a lot of voltage, but yeah I wouldn't be too surprised to see a 16 core use double that when overclocked.

SFF-ish:  Ryzen 5 1600X, Asrock AB350M Pro4, 16GB Corsair LPX 3200, Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro -75mV, 512gb Plextor Nvme m.2, 512gb Sandisk SATA m.2, Cryorig H7, stuffed into an Inwin 301 with rgb front panel mod.  LG27UD58.

Aging Workhorse:  Phenom II X6 1090T Black (4GHz #Yolo), 16GB Corsair XMS 1333, RX 470 Red Devil 4gb (Sold for $330 to Cryptominers), HD6850 1gb, Hilariously overkill Asus Crosshair V, 240gb Sandisk SSD Plus, 4TB's worth of mechanical drives, and a bunch of water/glycol.  Coming soon:  Bykski CPU block, whatever cheap Polaris 10 GPU I can get once miners start unloading them.

MintyFreshMedia:  Thinkserver TS130 with i3-3220, 4gb ecc ram, 120GB Toshiba/OCZ SSD booting Linux Mint XFCE, 2TB Hitachi Ultrastar.  In Progress:  3D printed drive mounts, 4 2TB ultrastars in RAID 5.

5 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

No, it's because PSUs degrade over time, with use. High quality ones, like Done12's 1600T and my RM1000x, will last quite some time and will deliver what it's rated for (hopefully) beyond its warranty for a good few years. Basically, I want to avoid a spectacular fireworks show. RGB is well enough for me.

I actually don't find big butts all that attractive. So, with all the people looking for them, it leaves more boys and girls sans big butts for me :D

I can.

Even a quality 750w PSU would satisfy those requirements.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

7 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Oops.  My bad everyone!  ?

I just noticed your sig.  2 1080 ti's?!  ?

Completely an epeen type deal.  

7 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

No, it's because PSUs degrade over time, with use. High quality ones, like Done12's 1600T and my RM1000x, will last quite some time and will deliver what it's rated for (hopefully) beyond its warranty for a good few years. Basically, I want to avoid a spectacular fireworks show. RGB is well enough for me.

What I fear the most is what they tend to take out with them when they go.  

PSUs like ours hit their max efficiency somewhere in the middle of their rating, which happens to correspond with what my rig draws under a moderate load.  I like the fact that the PSU is operating at its most efficient when the rest of my parts are under decent loads.  I feel that my logic reduces overall stress on the PSU and therefore the entire rig.

Quality isn't tied to wattage I mean.

1 minute ago, djdwosk97 said:

Even a quality 750w PSU would satisfy those requirements.

When a quality PSU dies, it isn't just going to have a stroke, most of the times. It'll die gradually, delivering less and less as time goes on, until it can no longer deliver a stable supply of power. Then it either does kaboom, or just silently fades into the night. I fully intend on having a few systems use the RM1000x before it's time comes.

PSUs like ours hit their max efficiency somewhere in the middle of their rating, which happens to correspond with what my rig draws under a moderate load.

One of the many perks of overkill PSUs.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

Just now, done12many2 said:

You need to tie up some loose ends bud.

Maybe go back to page 4, and read one of my responses.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

17 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

I'm sure there's plenty of good quality PSUs that will work as designed well beyond the warranty period.  Like whatever model my seasonic platinum rated PSU is.

Quality isn't tied to wattage I mean.

Me either.  I'm more a fan of normal size.  ?

Boys and girls you say?    I almost wish I was bi whether or not you're joking.  Maybe then I could get a date to save my life.  ? 

Seasonic FTW!

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

20 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

Completely an epeen type deal.  

What I fear the most is what they tend to take out with them when they go.  

PSUs like ours hit their max efficiency somewhere in the middle of their rating, which happens to correspond with what my rig draws under a moderate load.  I like the fact that the PSU is operating at its most efficient when the rest of my parts are under decent loads.  I feel that my logic reduces overall stress on the PSU and therefore the entire rig.

Noise too.  Most only turn the fan on at 50% load. 

Going overkill kill on a psu isn't a bad idea if you can afford it.  They'll last several generations of component upgrades. 

Workstation:  13700k @ 5.5Ghz || Gigabyte Z790 Ultra || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || TeamGroup DDR5-7800 @ 7000 || Corsair AX1500i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

3 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Idk what a Drak3 is but ok.

A Drake is a dragon, or dragon like mythical creature.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.