Best case fans?

Watashi

Case fans that aren't Noctuas, or BeQuiet!, but have a similar or better build quality, with PWM. Do any exist? 

2 minutes ago, Doomerson said:

Case fans that aren't Noctuas, or BeQuiet!, but have a similar or better build quality, with PWM. Do any exist? 

I guessing your issue is that both Noctua and BeQuiet! are expensive ?

if you care about silent and good quality fans noctua are the expensive ones and bequiet are the cheap ones...

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

5 hours ago, Nicnac said:

if you care about silent and good quality fans noctua are the expensive ones and bequiet are the cheap ones...

They're close to the same price honestly, price isn't my issue. It's that I can't find Noctua fans w/ PWM for under 40 dollars. Pretty insane. And I'm tired of the way that my Noctuas look!

14 minutes ago, Doomerson said:

They're close to the same price honestly, price isn't my issue. It's that I can't find Noctua fans w/ PWM for under 40 dollars. Pretty insane. And I'm tired of the way that my Noctuas look!

what about the redux fans

3 hours ago, Doomerson said:

Where are you looking for prices? Every pwm noctua fan listed on PCPartpicker is easily less than $40: https://pcpartpicker.com/products/case-fan/#m=99&p=1&sort=price&page=1

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

6 hours ago, verytiny said:

what about the redux fans

redux?

20 minutes ago, Doomerson said:

I was particularly looking for bequiet! Like previously mentioned, I'm kind of tired the way Noctua fans look. 

Where are you planning to use the fans and what features are you looking for?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

13 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

Where are you planning to use the fans and what features are you looking for?

Overall high build quality, more so in areas that functionality is important. Rubber mounting holes, nice bearings and motor. And PWM (so I can control the fans through UEFI). And RGB is a plus, but only if the fan is actually of extremely high build quality. It seems as though most RGB fans aren't recommended often by enthusiasts.  

21 minutes ago, Doomerson said:

what are the differences between these and the a14s?

a14 performs a little better in terms of cooling and noise (in terms of db) than the p14. however, the sound that the a14 makes isn't as smooth as the p14 imo. you probably won't notice any of this

ultimately, the only differences that matter are the color and the pricing. when you pay the premium price for the standard fans, you receive screws, anti-vibration mounts, silicone pegs, cable extension, y splitter, and low-noise adapter along with the fan. the redux line only gives you the fan and 4 screws

3 hours ago, verytiny said:

a14 performs a little better in terms of cooling and noise (in terms of db) than the p14. however, the sound that the a14 makes isn't as smooth as the p14 imo. you probably won't notice any of this

ultimately, the only differences that matter are the color and the pricing. when you pay the premium price for the standard fans, you receive screws, anti-vibration mounts, silicone pegs, cable extension, y splitter, and low-noise adapter along with the fan. the redux line only gives you the fan and 4 screws

I was actually considering purchasing these ones https://www.amazon.com/Bearing-Cooling-NF-A14-iPPC-2000-PWM/dp/B00KFCRMSG/ref=pd_sim_147_26?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00KFCRMSG&pd_rd_r=7RZNVMZ8RX0RAEST98SY&pd_rd_w=L70lH&pd_rd_wg=DMYmF&psc=1&refRID=7RZNVMZ8RX0RAEST98SY
I noticed that they have an extra 500 RPMs on my current fans (the regular a14s). Asides from this, is there any other difference between the two? Of course there's the color, and it claims slightly better power consumption (not that power consumption is a main concern of mine)

6 minutes ago, Doomerson said:

I was actually considering purchasing these ones https://www.amazon.com/Bearing-Cooling-NF-A14-iPPC-2000-PWM/dp/B00KFCRMSG/ref=pd_sim_147_26?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00KFCRMSG&pd_rd_r=7RZNVMZ8RX0RAEST98SY&pd_rd_w=L70lH&pd_rd_wg=DMYmF&psc=1&refRID=7RZNVMZ8RX0RAEST98SY
I noticed that they have an extra 500 RPMs on my current fans (the regular a14s). Asides from this, is there any other difference between the two? Of course there's the color, and it claims slightly better power consumption (not that power consumption is a main concern of mine)

the ippc version is meant for industrial applications where jet engine sounds are a non-issue. ippc fans run at higher minimum and maximum speeds than their standard counterparts. nf-a14 ippc can be quiet if you run it at ~500rpm, but it won't be able to spin as slowly as the regular a14, which can go down to ~300rpm

I personally like CoolerMaster's Silencio FP PWM Performance fan's.  They're essentially CoolerMaster's version of the NF-F12, but depending on where you buy them they're a little cheaper than Noctua's.

5 hours ago, verytiny said:

the ippc version is meant for industrial applications where jet engine sounds are a non-issue. ippc fans run at higher minimum and maximum speeds than their standard counterparts. nf-a14 ippc can be quiet if you run it at ~500rpm, but it won't be able to spin as slowly as the regular a14, which can go down to ~300rpm

My rig is already loud AF to be entirely honest, I'm not an audiophile in the slightest