Best Monitor for me

Cagruntas

I'm looking for a 4k or 1440p monitor but I would need some recommendations.
I need 2 of them for around 400 to 500 each but no ultra-wide monitors would do because I currently use two systems:
a Linux based for experimenting, programing for school and learning and a windows 10 based system where I play my games on etc.I use the program called synergy to use one mouse and keyboard to move between systems with my screens side to side.

I do not care about high refresh rates and would prefer a nice looking monitor instead. So more than likely a 4k or 1440p 60 Hz IPS display around 27 inches although from research at 27 inches it was recommended that 1440p would be better as there won't be much scaling issues.I was looking at the Dell Ultra-sharps but is there any other options for me? I would pay maximum of USD 1000 to USD 1100 for both monitors.

This really depends on what kind of games you play, as well as your system specs.  Care to elaborate?  I would also reconsider your position on high refresh rates. IMO, 1080p at ~144fps+ is a better overall experience than 1440p at 60fps.  Again, this kinda depends on what games you're playing.

After a quick search, I found something for you.  Tell me if this fits your needs. It seems to get pretty good reviews.  

@Ctown0812 Yes that monitor seems to have everything I'm looking for. I will look at some reviews on it to see how thick the bezel is.Also tell me what you think of this.https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N1QOAAU/ref=dp_cerb_1?th=1

I'm just listing the main parts you'll need to know.

The system I play games on contains :
intel i7 5820k @ 4.4 Ghz
16 gb ddr4 corsair dominator platinum 4x4 at 3000 Mhz
Evga gtx 970 superclocked in SLI @ 1450 Mhz

Windows 10 pro 64 bit

The system I current do programing and experimenting on :

AMD fx 8350 @4 Ghz

16 GB kingston hyperX fury RAM at 1600 Mhz
Evga GTX 760

Linux Mint 18.2 Sonya beta

14 minutes ago, Cagruntas said:

Also tell me what you think of this.https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N1QOAAU/ref=dp_cerb_1?th=1

Looks like a pretty good deal. Although i have to ask, is such a nice monitor really necessary for programming?  I would find a regular 1080p 60hz monitor for that system, and then maybe use the leftover cash to get a nice g-sync monitor for gaming. I think your 970 SLI is plenty powerful enough for 1440p @ 144hz  

@Ctown0812 Yeah most people would do that but I would prefer the consistency of screens to be honest because I have a 1080p 60Hz AOC IPS  22.9 " monitor and a 720p ( maybe lower ) 60 Hz 14" elo TN monitor that you usually find in grocery stores lol. I just wanted to upgrade to something I won't have to change for 5 years or more.I play games ever so often and when I do it's probably like The Witcher 3 or DayZ. Probably Dota2 or CS GO if my friends are playing but it's not as often. I most do research, program and learn alot,I also multi task  so the screen real-estate is appreciated that's why I prefer for 2 monitors of the same type.