Corsair 460x RGB Case - Tips for Cabling

Plazmaorb

OK... we all know and have heard that the 460X case is a real pain to do cable mgt in.

For anyone who has this case, what are their tips for trying to get everything in the case and make it look decent. 

How many people have taken out the SSD cage or even kept the cage for the HDDs on the bottom.   I put 2 HDDs in there and it takes up quite a bit of room... not much play room to put things in.

Just want to hear what people are saying since mine looks like Trumps hair in a windstorm right now :)

2 minutes ago, Plazmaorb said:

OK... we all know and have heard that the 460X case is a real pain to do cable mgt in.

For anyone who has this case, what are their tips for trying to get everything in the case and make it look decent. 

How many people have taken out the SSD cage or even kept the cage for the HDDs on the bottom.   I put 2 HDDs in there and it takes up quite a bit of room... not much play room to put things in.

Just want to hear what people are saying since mine looks like Trumps hair in a windstorm right now :)

Tied as much cable together as possible and hope you can close the side panel 

That's what I've seen other people did anyway (aka my brother)

1 minute ago, Its Not Important said:

Tied as much cable together as possible and hope you can close the side panel 

I havent done that yet since things are kind of sticking out and i think i might need to add a fan power hub in there to power up the 6 fans in there.... thats why im thinking about taking out the SSD tray thats on the back.

8 minutes ago, Plazmaorb said:

I havent done that yet since things are kind of sticking out and i think i might need to add a fan power hub in there to power up the 6 fans in there.... thats why im thinking about taking out the SSD tray thats on the back.

As long as you only need one i think just do what you got to do and route everything behind PSU shroud/mobo tray

Pic-39.jpg

I don't think there's a right way to route cables other than keep it out of sight 

Try to prevent placing any cables that go over the SSD tray. Bundle all the wires towards the grommet section, next to the SSD trays. Get it close and tight towards the chassy so when you apply the side panel, it will be flush when closed. Use any open area to stuff more cables into, you're perfectly okay to do that, as this case has PSU shroud!

3 hours ago, Its Not Important said:

As long as you only need one i think just do what you got to do and route everything behind PSU shroud/mobo tray

Pic-39.jpg

I see you put your hub inside your SSD tray... kinda tricky, didnt even think about doing that, but great idea :)    I see you are using flat cables... are those typical for a corsair power supply?   I have a EVGA G3, i got it mostly cause it was smaller (not as long) as typical power supplies.

You'll want to run the main cables (24-pin, front panel, SATA cables) along the left-hand side of the SSD caddy, run the 8-pin CPU power towards the right, and run the PCIe cables through the lowest cable grommet.

The Crystal 460X is similar to the Carbide 400C/400Q, a case that I worked in before. I own the Corsair 900D and it's a breeze to work in.

RIGZ

Spoiler

Starlight (Current): AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-core CPU | EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Black Edition | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra | Full Custom Loop | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 1TB + 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSDs, 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD, 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | EVGA NU Audio | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i | Corsair ML120 2-pack 5x + ML140 2-pack

The Storm (Retired): Intel Core i7-5930K | Asus ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Asus ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10 | EKWB EK-KIT P360 with Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 Multiport 480 | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD + 3TB 5400 RPM NAS HDD + 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i + Black/Blue CableMod cables | Corsair ML120 2-pack 2x + NB-BlackSilentPro PL-2 x3

STRONK COOLZ 9000

Spoiler

EK-Quantum Momentum X570 Aorus Master monoblock | EK-FC RTX 2080 + Ti Classic RGB Waterblock and Backplate | EK-XRES 140 D5 PWM Pump/Res Combo | 2x Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 480 MP and 1x SR2 240 MP | 10X Corsair ML120 PWM fans | A mixture of EK-KIT fittings and EK-Torque STC fittings and adapters | Mayhems 10/13mm clear tubing | Mayhems X1 Eco UV Blue coolant | Bitspower G1/4 Temperature Probe Fitting

DESK TOIS

Spoiler

Glorious Modular Mechanical Keyboard | Glorious Model D Featherweight Mouse | 2x BenQ PD3200Q 32" 1440p IPS displays + BenQ BL3200PT 32" 1440p VA display | Mackie ProFX10v3 USB Mixer + Marantz MPM-1000 Mic | Sennheiser HD 598 SE Headphones | 2x ADAM Audio T5V 5" Powered Studio Monitors + ADAM Audio T10S Powered Studio Subwoofer | Logitech G920 Driving Force Steering Wheel and Pedal Kit + Driving Force Shifter | Logitech C922x 720p 60FPS Webcam | Xbox One Wireless Controller

QUOTES

Spoiler

"So because they didn't give you the results you want, they're biased? You realize that makes you biased, right?" - @App4that

"Brand loyalty/fanboyism is stupid." - Unknown person on these forums

"Assuming kills" - @Moondrelor

"That's not to say that Nvidia is always better, or that AMD isn't worth owning. But the fact remains that this forum is AMD biased." - @App4that

"I'd imagine there's exceptions to this trend - but just going on mine and my acquaintances' purchase history, we've found that budget cards often require you to turn off certain features to get slick performance, even though those technologies are previous gen and should be having a negligible impact" - ace42

"2K" is not 2560 x 1440 

1 minute ago, Plazmaorb said:

I see you put your hub inside your SSD tray... kinda tricky, didnt even think about doing that, but great idea :)    I see you are using flat cables... are those typical for a corsair power supply?   I have a EVGA G3, i got it mostly cause it was smaller (not as long) as typical power supplies.

They're pretty typical nowadays. My Corsair AX1200i's stock cables are sleeved in single, larger sleeves, which is something I prefer if I were to go with stock cables. They're just easier to work with IMO.

RIGZ

Spoiler

Starlight (Current): AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-core CPU | EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Black Edition | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra | Full Custom Loop | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 1TB + 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSDs, 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD, 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | EVGA NU Audio | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i | Corsair ML120 2-pack 5x + ML140 2-pack

The Storm (Retired): Intel Core i7-5930K | Asus ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Asus ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10 | EKWB EK-KIT P360 with Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 Multiport 480 | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD + 3TB 5400 RPM NAS HDD + 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i + Black/Blue CableMod cables | Corsair ML120 2-pack 2x + NB-BlackSilentPro PL-2 x3

STRONK COOLZ 9000

Spoiler

EK-Quantum Momentum X570 Aorus Master monoblock | EK-FC RTX 2080 + Ti Classic RGB Waterblock and Backplate | EK-XRES 140 D5 PWM Pump/Res Combo | 2x Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 480 MP and 1x SR2 240 MP | 10X Corsair ML120 PWM fans | A mixture of EK-KIT fittings and EK-Torque STC fittings and adapters | Mayhems 10/13mm clear tubing | Mayhems X1 Eco UV Blue coolant | Bitspower G1/4 Temperature Probe Fitting

DESK TOIS

Spoiler

Glorious Modular Mechanical Keyboard | Glorious Model D Featherweight Mouse | 2x BenQ PD3200Q 32" 1440p IPS displays + BenQ BL3200PT 32" 1440p VA display | Mackie ProFX10v3 USB Mixer + Marantz MPM-1000 Mic | Sennheiser HD 598 SE Headphones | 2x ADAM Audio T5V 5" Powered Studio Monitors + ADAM Audio T10S Powered Studio Subwoofer | Logitech G920 Driving Force Steering Wheel and Pedal Kit + Driving Force Shifter | Logitech C922x 720p 60FPS Webcam | Xbox One Wireless Controller

QUOTES

Spoiler

"So because they didn't give you the results you want, they're biased? You realize that makes you biased, right?" - @App4that

"That's not to say that Nvidia is always better, or that AMD isn't worth owning. But the fact remains that this forum is AMD biased." - @App4that

"I'd imagine there's exceptions to this trend - but just going on mine and my acquaintances' purchase history, we've found that budget cards often require you to turn off certain features to get slick performance, even though those technologies are previous gen and should be having a negligible impact" - ace42

"2K" is not 2560 x 1440 

3 minutes ago, JurunceNK said:

They're pretty typical nowadays. My Corsair AX1200i's stock cables are sleeved in single, larger sleeves, which is something I prefer if I were to go with stock cables. They're just easier to work with IMO.

The fat cables can be a real pain, since they like to take up a lot of space.

Just now, Plazmaorb said:

The fat cables can be a real pain, since they like to take up a lot of space.

Yeah. The biggest cables in those kinds of cables are going to be the 24-pin ATX connector. No doubt about that. All the other cables are smaller.

RIGZ

Spoiler

STRONK COOLZ 9000

Spoiler

DESK TOIS

Spoiler

QUOTES

Spoiler

"2K" is not 2560 x 1440 

34 minutes ago, Plazmaorb said:

I think Every Corsair PSU from RMi series and up include those flat ribbon cables which is really nice for this compact case. 

For those fat rounded 24 pins i think just kinda fold the cable and shove it inside the shroud, the rest should be pretty easy though :D

Me personally i think its either shove those cables together into shroud or try spreading them out as much as possible to avoid bulge 

15 hours ago, Its Not Important said:

I think Every Corsair PSU from RMi series and up include those flat ribbon cables which is really nice for this compact case. 

For those fat rounded 24 pins i think just kinda fold the cable and shove it inside the shroud, the rest should be pretty easy though :D

Me personally i think its either shove those cables together into shroud or try spreading them out as much as possible to avoid bulge 

Just curious.. do you have a pic of the front of your PC after you installed everything, just wanting to see how clean it looks on the front and what you have installed in there compared to mine... i have a corsair watercooler in mine, didnt see a plate on the back of your mother board for that, assume you are running a fan for CPU cooling

21 minutes ago, Plazmaorb said:

Just curious.. do you have a pic of the front of your PC after you installed everything, just wanting to see how clean it looks on the front and what you have installed in there compared to mine... i have a corsair watercooler in mine, didnt see a plate on the back of your mother board for that, assume you are running a fan for CPU cooling

As i said, its not my PC. Its my brothers, unfortunately he didn't send more of his case :D

I think less visible cable is better