Can my case fit Notua D15 ?

Feris
Go to solution Solved by Hiitchy,
5 minutes ago, Feris said:

@Hiitchy TridentZ RGB. well i will measure my ram height. what is height is acceptable ?

Well it's not the height I was concerned about. It's the spacing between the DIMM slots and the heatsinks and fan. That I wouldn't be able to tell you since it would require me to have the motherboard, heatsink and ram on hand to give you an exact idea. It's more of a, "how close is the heatsink to the dimm slot, and how much overhang does it have to cover said dimm slot?" All I can tell you is it will fit in your case.

Take a look at the image in the spoiler, you'll understand what I mean when i say ram clearance.

Spoiler

installed4.jpg

Hi guys,

My case currently using I7 7700k with True spirit Direct 140 for cooling but it hit 100c at 1.3v 4.8Ghz, I want to overclock but don't want to use water cooling. is Noctua D15 fit my case? using G.Skill tridentZ RGB Ram.

Thanks

What case are you using? and you may run into height clearance issues with your RAM and that cooler.

my case is Infinity Tesla. from Infitiny brand

Infinity Tesla Case Size: 210 (Width) x 497 (Height) (w / foot) x 483 (Depth) mm

Noctua NH-D15: 150mm (Width) x 165mm (Height) x 161mm (Depth)

According to these measurements, it seems like you'll have more than enough space to mount the cooler, but you may have ram clearance issues.

"The only thing that matters right now is that you're here, and you're safe."

@Hiitchy TridentZ RGB. well i will measure my ram height. what is height is acceptable ?

5 minutes ago, Feris said:

Well it's not the height I was concerned about. It's the spacing between the DIMM slots and the heatsinks and fan. That I wouldn't be able to tell you since it would require me to have the motherboard, heatsink and ram on hand to give you an exact idea. It's more of a, "how close is the heatsink to the dimm slot, and how much overhang does it have to cover said dimm slot?" All I can tell you is it will fit in your case.

Take a look at the image in the spoiler, you'll understand what I mean when i say ram clearance.

Spoiler

installed4.jpg

Just now, Feris said:

@Hiitchy

xD Thanks

Not a problem. :) I've edited my post to give you an idea of what everyone else was suggesting with the ram issues so take this into consideration when you're replacing items. :)