Overclocking Fan recommendations

Dylank12277

So i have recently received a i7-4790k from a friend and i am planning on buying a z97 mobo but im not really sure what fan i should use for overclocking.

I was thinking of buying a h7 Cryorig but im not too sure yet.

My budget is around $40-$60.

2 minutes ago, verytiny said:

scythe fuma

is this a relatively quiet cooler?? i mean i understand that all of them will not be too quiet but i want a more silent one.

If your case is man enough for it, the Cryorig H5 is a worthy step up from the H7. Lands within a few degrees of the NH-D15, and the heatsink is thick enough that it actually benefits from push-pull if you pick up a second fan.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

4 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

If your case is man enough for it, the Cryorig H5 is a worthy step up from the H7. Lands within a few degrees of the NH-D15, and the heatsink is thick enough that it actually benefits from push-pull if you pick up a second fan.

im not sure how to check the dimensions. i have the deepcool kendomen. do you mind checking if it'll work??

case allows up to 160mm cooler, the H5 is 160mm+ depending on how you position the fans. tall ram may force you to have only 1 fan on it

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

40 minutes ago, Dylank12277 said:

is this a relatively quiet cooler?? i mean i understand that all of them will not be too quiet but i want a more silent one.

it should be quiet enough

it is also 149mm so even if you have tall ram heatspreaders it can still fit in your case

28 minutes ago, Cyracus said:

case allows up to 160mm cooler, the H5 is 160mm+ depending on how you position the fans. tall ram may force you to have only 1 fan on it

6 minutes ago, verytiny said:

it is also 149mm so even if you have tall ram heatspreaders it can still fit in your case

i have some pretty cheap ram that i really dont know the name of and im pretty sure its not that big

49 minutes ago, verytiny said:

The H5 is 160mm, taller if you raise the fan.

@Dylank12277, you could also mount the H5 Ultimate as a pull fan, but if it's already at the limit and you have high-profile RAM (standard or low-profile RAM will fit beneath it), something other than the H5 Ultimate is needed. The H5 Universal is designed for total RAM clearance and is a solid option as well, but there are plenty of other coolers out there that don't have this issue. I'm partial to the H5 as a price/performance leader.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

38 minutes ago, Dylank12277 said:

i have some pretty cheap ram that i really dont know the name of and im pretty sure its not that big

if you're talking about those bare green ram modules you should have no problem fitting any cooler 160mm or lower

2 hours ago, verytiny said:

if you're talking about those bare green ram modules you should have no problem fitting any cooler 160mm or lower

Yeah I do in fact have that ram lol