980 TI Hybrid Replacement Cooler?

Go to solution Solved by danrey84,

you maybe able to pick up a broken 980ti with a reference PCB and then just switch the cooler of that too your hybrid.

about two years ago I believe is when I bought my EVGA 980TI hybrid, it's been pretty ok being able to handle whatever I really throw at it which isn't much. Right now I'm fairly certain the hybrid AIO is about done. My temps are getting a bit hot and more than that the whole thing is incredibly noisy. I can't stream at all without it's fan ramping to 100% during gameplay. 

So with the EVGA hyrbid PCB is there a replacement cooler I could use anybody knows? It does NOT need to be another Hybrid cooler, in fact I'd rather it not be. Could I purchase a sort of reference 980ti cooler and slap it on instead? I'd much prefer it over the liquid cooling at this point. Thanks for any help!

you maybe able to pick up a broken 980ti with a reference PCB and then just switch the cooler of that too your hybrid.

Have you cleaned the radiator and fin stack on the card? I recently cleaned the fins on my 970 and it went from a 747 taking off in my room to silent under full load

CPU: I5 4590 Motherboard: ASROCK H97 Pro4 Ram: XPG 16gb v2.0 4x4 kit  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 PSU: EVGA 550w Supernova G2 Storage: 128 gb Sandisk SSD + 525gb Mx300 SSD Cooling: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock LP Case: Zalman T2 Sound: Logitech Z506 5.1 Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma Keyboard: DBPower LED

12 hours ago, Moress said:

Have you cleaned the radiator and fin stack on the card? I recently cleaned the fins on my 970 and it went from a 747 taking off in my room to silent under full load

Yeah I've given them a pretty good scrub, Unfortunately I think there might be something wrong with the fan or cards fan connector, dunno. It used to be at first whenever I actually turned on my computer the gpu fan would immediately ramp to 100% no matter what. After Instead plugging the fan into the motherboard, it quieted down, but its still pretty loud. The rad itself sounds like it doesn't have too much liquid left in it so I'm not sure maybe there was some sort of leak. 

I'm a streamer so I really need the silence. I also do a lot of workstation tasks as a developer, so I'm thinking of upgrading in the future but that will have to wait till I can get the cash.

You didn't even tell us temps....

Main Gaming PC - i9 10850k @ 5GHz - EVGA XC Ultra 2080ti with Heatkiller 4 - Asrock Z490 Taichi - Corsair H115i - 32GB GSkill Ripjaws V 3600 CL16 OC'd to 3733 - HX850i - Samsung NVME 256GB SSD - Samsung 3.2TB PCIe 8x Enterprise NVMe - Toshiba 3TB 7200RPM HD - Lian Li Air

Proxmox Server - i7 8700k @ 4.5Ghz - 32GB EVGA 3000 CL15 OC'd to 3200 - Asus Strix Z370-E Gaming - Oracle F80 800GB Enterprise SSD, LSI SAS running 3 4TB and 2 6TB (Both Raid Z0), Samsung 840Pro 120GB - Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Super Server - i9 7980Xe @ 4.5GHz - 64GB 3200MHz Cl16 - Asrock X299 Professional - Nvidia Telsa K20 -Sandisk 512GB Enterprise SATA SSD, 128GB Seagate SATA SSD, 1.5TB WD Green (Over 9 years of power on time) - Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2

Laptop - 2019 Macbook Pro 16" - i7 - 16GB - 512GB - 5500M 8GB - Thermal Pads and Graphite Tape modded

Smart Phones - iPhone X - 64GB, AT&T, iOS 13.3 iPhone 6 : 16gb, AT&T, iOS 12 iPhone 4 : 16gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 7.1.1 Jailbroken. iPhone 3G : 8gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 4.2.1 Jailbroken.

1 hour ago, RangerLunis said:

Yeah I've given them a pretty good scrub, Unfortunately I think there might be something wrong with the fan or cards fan connector, dunno. It used to be at first whenever I actually turned on my computer the gpu fan would immediately ramp to 100% no matter what. After Instead plugging the fan into the motherboard, it quieted down, but its still pretty loud. The rad itself sounds like it doesn't have too much liquid left in it so I'm not sure maybe there was some sort of leak. 

I'm a streamer so I really need the silence. I also do a lot of workstation tasks as a developer, so I'm thinking of upgrading in the future but that will have to wait till I can get the cash.

Well you could check out the Arctic Accelero series of aftermarket GPU coolers

CPU: I5 4590 Motherboard: ASROCK H97 Pro4 Ram: XPG 16gb v2.0 4x4 kit  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 PSU: EVGA 550w Supernova G2 Storage: 128 gb Sandisk SSD + 525gb Mx300 SSD Cooling: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock LP Case: Zalman T2 Sound: Logitech Z506 5.1 Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma Keyboard: DBPower LED