What type of paint to paint a computer case

phongle123
Go to solution Solved by W-L,
1 minute ago, phongle123 said:

Thanks. But for example, what if I wanted it to look like the NZXT S340. It is a white gloss case. However, it's not reflective until you are at touching range and light has a very flat reflection, picture attached. As I don't know paint that much I am assuming it is a Flat white + clear coat? Am I correct to assume this?

Most manufacture's powder coat their cases theses days for ease of production but using white automotive paint would be best, to get a result similar to that you will want to look for a satin or semigloss type paint, something with some luster but not high gloss for sure. 

What time of paint would be recommended to paint a computer case. The color will be white. But I don't want it to be shiny to where it would catch my eye. But quite a few cases come with shiny gloss black paint.

Would gloss, semi-gloss, satin, or matte be the best choice to paint a case? Both inside and out. Would clear coat be recommended? As it would add more gloss to it.

Thanks

3 minutes ago, phongle123 said:

What time of paint would be recommended to paint a computer case. The color will be white. But I don't want it to be shiny to where it would catch my eye. But quite a few cases come with shiny gloss black paint.

Would gloss, semi-gloss, satin, or matte be the best choice to paint a case? Both inside and out. Would clear coat be recommended? As it would add more gloss to it.

Thanks

For painting the case it would be best advised to take it apart to paint to properly apply nice even coats and avoid overspray especially since your painting the interior where that will occur. For paint options automotive spray paints would be best especially for white as they will be brighter and more vibrant. If you don't want it to be glossy a stain or matte paint would be best, but another option is to apply that as a clear top coat to protect the paint. 

16 minutes ago, W-L said:

For painting the case it would be best advised to take it apart to paint to properly apply nice even coats and avoid overspray especially since your painting the interior where that will occur. For paint options automotive spray paints would be best especially for white as they will be brighter and more vibrant. If you don't want it to be glossy a stain or matte paint would be best, but another option is to apply that as a clear top coat to protect the paint. 

Thanks. But for example, what if I wanted it to look like the NZXT S340. It is a white gloss case. However, it's not reflective until you are at touching range and light has a very flat reflection, picture attached. As I don't know paint that much I am assuming it is a Flat white + clear coat? Am I correct to assume this?

20170627_200836.png

1 minute ago, phongle123 said:

Most manufacture's powder coat their cases theses days for ease of production but using white automotive paint would be best, to get a result similar to that you will want to look for a satin or semigloss type paint, something with some luster but not high gloss for sure. 

1 hour ago, W-L said:

So I didn't realize there were different kinds of clear coat. So if I wanted it to be like the NZXT, where reflections only up close but making light not reflect at all I would want a Semi-Gloss white paint and a matte clear coat? Or satin white paint and matte clear coat?

Since the case does say it's a glossy case could it possibly be Glossy white paint and matte clear coat? That would definitely make the inside glossy but the outside not.

It seems like satin is less glossy than the semi-gloss but I don't know which 1 is the closer resemblance.

21 minutes ago, phongle123 said:

So I didn't realize there were different kinds of clear coat. So if I wanted it to be like the NZXT, where reflections only up close but making light not reflect at all I would want a Semi-Gloss white paint and a matte clear coat? Or satin white paint and matte clear coat?

Since the case does say it's a glossy case could it possibly be Glossy white paint and matte clear coat? That would definitely make the inside glossy but the outside not.

It seems like satin is less glossy than the semi-gloss but I don't know which 1 is the closer resemblance.

I'm pretty sure they don't use a clear in terms of productions speed and cost and just use a straight satin or semigloss finish paint.