Noctua A-Series Sterrox Fans

Noctua A-Series Fans

At Computex 2017 Noctua released that they would be releasing a new fan 4+ years in the making. Their new A-Series Sterrox fans were a hit among many air enthusiasts and Noctua fanboys alike.

With a tip clearance of .5mm and a new no impeller creep material called Sterrox. The new fans hit a high performance mark in achieving both high static pressure and high airflow, being dual-optimized for both situations. I had some questions and was assisted by Noctua rep: Roland Mossig.

Official Noctua Q&A

Q:Fan Size? 

A:120x25mm

Q:Release Date?

A: "The new 120x25mm fans will come to market in Q4"

Q: Price? (Price had previously been stated to be 4x the cost of a regular noctua fan, bidding a price between $72-$80, which seemed quite high, this has been found to have just been a statement for the show.)

A: "Pricing is not yet set."

Q: Will an IPPC version be available?

A: "We hope to get this done later this year so we can have an iPPC Version by next year summer."

Q: Since there is a new full coverage rubber bezel, will Chromax be available? 

A:"We have not yet discussed to add the silicon adapter frame to Chromax. To go for Chromax would mean to make it available in 6 colors, not just only in black color." (This possibly hint's at the fan coming in black from factory, yay!)

Conclusions

I can't wait for these fans to come out, with cheaper but more expensive fans such as NZXT's AER and other RGB fans being medium-low quality for a premium, Noctua has been left behind for a little, they however just like Intel, are determined to come back against the falsely praised flak of non premium fans at their price-point.

Neat, I look forward to seeing them

⬇ - PC specs down below - ⬇

The Impossibox

CPU: (x2) Xeon X5690 12c/24t (6c/12t per cpu)

Motherboard: EVGA Super Record 2 (SR-2)

RAM: 48Gb (12x4gb) server DDR3 ECC

GPU: MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 6GB

Case: Modded Lian-LI PC-08

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500Gb and a 2Tb HDD

PSU: 1000W something or other I forget

Display(s): 24" Acer G246HL

Cooling: (x2) Corsair H100i v2

Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 LUX RGB MX Browns

Mouse: Logitech G600

Headphones: Sennheiser HD558

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Folding info so I don't lose it: 

WhisperingKnickers

Join us on the x58 page it is awesome!

x58 Fan Page

Oh yeah noctua do your best to make Linus hyped again! Also did they release some Heatsink designs?

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

Just now, Ordinarily_Greater said:

Oh yeah noctua do your best to make Linus hyped again! Also did they release some Heatsink designs?

There are X299 and X399 heatsinks on the way but they don't want to disclose too much about those as there will be a new, much more vapor chamber packed design to look forward to!

1 minute ago, B00ST said:

There are X299 and X399 heatsinks on the way but they don't want to disclose too much about those as there will be a new, much more vapor chamber packed design to look forward to!

Yeah i am surprised that they can be king in cooling for four years!

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Just now, Ordinarily_Greater said:

Yeah i am surprised that they can be king in cooling for four years!

What's amazing is that an air cooler with much less likeliness to fail can beat out 120 and 240mm radiator based water coolers at stock speeds.

1 minute ago, B00ST said:

What's amazing is that an air cooler with much less likeliness to fail can beat out 120 and 240mm radiator based water coolers at stock speeds.

And silent! More quiet than be quiet!

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :