Spoiler

i5 2500K @ 4.5GHz

8GB DDR3 2133MHz

HD7850 2GB

Also have a laptop MSI GS70 6QE

6700HQ

16GB DDR4 2133MHz

GTX970M 3GB

Main uses: CAD and 3D work on Rhino 50% Illustrator and Photoshop 25% Lightroom for photo editing 25%

I also play some games, nothing competitive, CS GO with friends, Overwatch and Fifa, with my 5 years old Acer TN panel @ 60Hz no problem...

So I'm looking for an IPS panel for my main architecture works for image making on photoshop, it's color critical work, just not at a professional level as I'm just finishing my Architecture Master degree, and My budget caps at 200€/220€

I found that the Dell U2414H and the BenQ BL2420PT could be good options. The Benq has the advantage of having a QHD resolution for more workspace, even though I understand that my computers won't handle 1440p in gaming, I don't mind the low resolution for that.

I'll be buying from an European Amazon. Thank you!!!

Dells ultrasharp series is great, and tbh I would not like to have qhd at 24", everything gets a bit tiny.

I'd go for Dell

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

Benq has a great track record and  lowered resolution on a higher resolution monitor doesn't look good (1080p on a 4K monitor not so good)

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

dell do some good ips panels, but overall benq is the better brand for monitors.

if you dont game much 144hz wont mean much to you, looks like that benq is also ips, id get the benq.

1 minute ago, Billy_Mays said:

Benq has a great track record and  lowered resolution on a higher resolution monitor doesn't look good (1080p on a 4K monitor not so good)

Sorry, didn't understand what you meant with "Benq has a great track record"
I know lowered resolution doesn't look good, but I play CS GO on low res anyway... just sayin

1 minute ago, johnyarcpc said:

Sorry, didn't understand what you meant with "Benq has a great track record"
I know lowered resolution doesn't look good, but I play CS GO on low res anyway... just sayin

he means that benq have a great record at being a well established brand.

Well, many thanks for the opinions. I know 1440p would be better on 27", but for that size the price scales a lot! 
I'll wait for some more people to comment and then make my decision.

I don't think I've ever recommended a benq before but there is always a first and I guess this is going to be the first one. The benq has a slightly higher color gamut, the Dell is going to have a little better color accuracy. But the benq is 1440p so what little loss the benq has in bezels and color accuracy, it makes up with it's higher color gamut and the little improved sharpness with 1440p. So yeah, the benq is the better monitor in this case, the Dell is a close 2nd however because of it's better color accuracy.

5 minutes ago, SCGazelle said:

I don't think I've ever recommended a benq before but there is always a first and I guess this is going to be the first one. The benq has a slightly higher color gamut, the Dell is going to have a little better color accuracy. But the benq is 1440p so what little loss the benq has in bezels and color accuracy, it makes up with it's higher color gamut and the little improved sharpness with 1440p. So yeah, the benq is the better monitor in this case, the Dell is a close 2nd however because of it's better color accuracy.

why have you never recommended them? they make some of the most popular monitors ever made.

1 minute ago, MrJarhead said:

why have you never recommended them? they make some of the most popular monitors ever made.

I have no idea. I've always wanted to research their lineup but I've never really gotten around to it. It's one of my personal shortcomings I guess.