In need of some R.G.B in my life (Keyboard)

Dalynx

Right now in my rig set up i have a dell SK-8115 which i absolutely love, I've never felt a nicer keyboard in my life, but the issue is it does't have even the basic LED lighting that we know today,i nearly went out an brought a http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/k70-rgb-rapidfire-mechanical-gaming-keyboard-cherry-mx-speed-rgb-uk After realising i was being stupid as i won't even know if i'll like it i decided to come here and ask if anyone knows of any LED or RGB keyboards that are practically identical to mine in feel and look, if no one can find one i will likely attempt to mod some LED's into mine as i have seen it done. Thanks to anyone who helps as i'd prefer not to risk destroying my keyboard if possible ;) https://www.amazon.com/Sk-8115-Standard-Keyboard-Computer-Laptop/dp/B00PVQZ7H4 (My keyboard)

2 minutes ago, Aytex said:

Are you looking for a minimal looking keyboard like the cooler Master masterkeys pro l

Or something that has similar indentions on the protruding soacebar layout

something as close to mine as possible as the space bar makes it very easy to jump in games due to the angle i have my thumb at ,i don't use the classic gamer finger stance on a keyboard:) i looked up the masterkeys and saw it had a mini enter key which i also dislike :/ 

I have not had personal experiecne with it other than some clicky clacky in the store but the Steelseries Apex seems to ergonomically fit your needs. (https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B017NR44P4/ref=twister_B071VNF97L?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1)

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

7 minutes ago, Dalynx said:

something as close to mine as possible as the space bar makes it very easy to jump in games due to the angle i have my thumb at ,i don't use the classic gamer finger stance on a keyboard:) i looked up the masterkeys and saw it had a mini enter key which i also dislike :/ 

Yeah, I think you made a good idea to ask here first...Silver (Speed switches) aren't so forgiving. I love mine on my Ducky Shine 6 Snow White Edition keyboard, but it's definitely not for the faint of heart. These things trigger super fast / are super light. I love them because they're lightweight and effortless to type with (I can type longer without any fatigue), but if you're used to other keys with more resistance, the difference might break it for you.

Also, pretty much most Cherry MX keyboards use the same key layout except for corsair. They have a slightly different bottom row.

K70 is a pretty solid keyboard though, but the switch type is what will make or break it for you.

1 minute ago, GER_T4IGA said:

I have not had personal experiecne with it other than some clicky clacky in the store but the Steelseries Apex seems to ergonomically fit your needs. (https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B017NR44P4/ref=twister_B071VNF97L?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1)

It's nice looking but i get tripped up on extra keys especially macros, i always accidentally hit them, and if i was gonna spend that much i'd just get the k70 rapidifre rgb , thank you though :)

3 minutes ago, scottyseng said:

Yeah, I think you made a good idea to ask here first...Silver (Speed switches) aren't so forgiving. I love mine on my Ducky Shine 6 Snow White Edition keyboard, but it's definitely not for the faint of heart. These things trigger super fast / are super light. I love them because they're lightweight and effortless to type with (I can type longer without any fatigue), but if you're used to other keys with more resistance, the difference might break it for you.

Also, pretty much most Cherry MX keyboards use the same key layout except for corsair. They have a slightly different bottom row.

K70 is a pretty solid keyboard though, but the switch type is what will make or break it for you

in all fairness i'm not even looking for anything mechanical i was just recommended that keyboard by a few mates

Just now, Dalynx said:

in all fairness i'm not even looking for anything mechanical i was just recommended that keyboard by a few mates

Ah, I really would go mechanical though. It's really worth it over membrane switches. I was going to stay with my old membrane keyboard in a attempt to stick with "I don't need it" to save money, but my old keyboard started to wear out and so I decided to go all out on a keyboard (Since I rarely replace it) and fell in love with the Ducky Shine 6 there.

My cousin has a K70 and likes it as well. I think the best bet for you is to try one at a store if possible. It's very hard to judge a keyboard without seeing / feeling it in person. Heck, I even took a massive risk buying my ducky shine 6 (I had never seen the keyboard in real life or used the switch type). He has brown switches and likes the tactile but non click nature of the brown switches.

if you're not into RGB, Ducky also makes the Ducky One series of keyboard. Do note that he K70 has a aluminum top, where the Ducky is plastic. Strangely though, my ducky keyboard feels really heavy / solid. Also, the corsair keys are painted, where ducky keys are actually double shot ABS (the plastic is what makes the letters and the body of the key vs black paint)