Personal Satellite Radio Player

yathis

I want to buy one for my motorcycle, Bestbuy doesnt sell anything like that.

Anyone have anything to suggest or add.

On 6/26/2017 at 8:55 PM, yathis said:

You talking like XM satellite radio? If so, maybe Newegg or Amazon. Are motorcycle radio's like car radios? I mean, are they replaceable? 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

59 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

You talking like XM satellite radio? If so, maybe Newegg or Amazon. Are motorcycle radio's like car radios? I mean, are they replaceable? 

Just a portable personal radio is all I want. Want to be able to use it on the motorcycle, on the bicycle, working out.

1 minute ago, yathis said:

Just a portable personal radio is all I want. Want to be able to use it on the motorcycle, on the bicycle, working out.

I dont think that exists. The only satelite radios Ive seen are for cars, and they have to draw power from the vehicle. You might have better luck using your phone for the music. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Yeah it looks like I gotta buy a really old device that they sold eons ago. Or just hook up the smallest car deck I can find that has XM/Sirius, then a 12V battery and figure out the antenna - for the motorbike.

On 26/06/2017 at 8:55 PM, yathis said:

You sure? Best Buy should sell Sirius or XM Radios. Though they may not have one specifically for a motorcycle.

What requirements do you need? A portable battery operated one (MP3 player-style)? A dash one? If so what specs/size, etc?

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

2 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

You sure? Best Buy should sell Sirius or XM Radios. Though they may not have one specifically for a motorcycle.

What requirements do you need? A portable battery operated one (MP3 player-style)? A dash one? If so what specs/size, etc?

Any personal radio player with Satellite Radio, if it has MP3 that would be wonderful.

15 minutes ago, yathis said:

Any personal radio player with Satellite Radio, if it has MP3 that would be wonderful.

What does "personal radio player" mean to you? Battery operated? That's not an official term for a specific type of satellite radio device, so forgive me if I did not understand (or rather, didn't want to assume - possibly incorrectly) what you meant.

If so, that was one of the things I asked.

Here's a list of Portable XM Radio's:

https://www.lifewire.com/top-portable-satellite-radios-2741046

You'll have to check your favourite retailers to see which are available. Amazon probably has them all.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

It means I can use it while running, so like an old ipod, or the old tape walkmans, or mp3 players. Means its personal. But I guess it means Portable now.

Just now, yathis said:

It means I can use it while running, so like an old ipod, or the old tape walkmans, or mp3 players. Means its personal. But I guess it means Portable now.

Personal means something you use yourself - that could have many specific meanings, such as a small bluetooth speaker that sits on your desk that needs to be plugged in over USB. Personal? Yeah. Portable? Nope.

Anyway, I gave you a bunch of options in that link. Have a look through and see if any of them fit your needs.

Yeah I thought about using them vehicle ones and hooking up to a 12V Lithium Ion battery. Be good for my motorcycle and electric bicycles. Add in some wireless ear buds, and a wireless speaker to blast while I am riding.

Oh wow can use a cell phone, gotta look into this

https://www.siriusxm.com/mobile/indexm.html

*They dont even tell you if it uses data. I doubt a cell phone antenna can pick up sat radio signals.

15 minutes ago, yathis said:

Yeah I thought about using them vehicle ones and hooking up to a 12V Lithium Ion battery. Be good for my motorcycle and electric bicycles. Add in some wireless ear buds, and a wireless speaker to blast while I am riding.

Oh wow can use a cell phone, gotta look into this

https://www.siriusxm.com/mobile/indexm.html

*They dont even tell you if it uses data. I doubt a cell phone antenna can pick up sat radio signals.

It uses Data. They just stream it over the Internet.