Watercooling Gods please save a young soul

Go to solution Solved by jcw150,

1) If you are getting a res-pump combo unit you will only need 2 (8 in total)

2) bitspower is fine, size does not matter if you get the fittings that don't actually connect to the tubing so you have a 90 degree male to female connector and a fitting as well
3) It would be fine but if I was getting more than 1 I'd go with a pair of 240s as it will be easier to fit

4) Treat it like the radiator is not there but I normally take the amount of fans on a rad and divide it by 2 to work out how to balance the airflow

Please ask more questions if you are unsure (this isn't the best response if I'm honest)

Hello,

I've been looking into custom loops all week and I'm in love with the idea of doing one myself.

I know that soft tubing is the way to go for newbies like me, but I want to go for rigid tubing while I'm at it.

I have been going through guides and I'm still left puzzled with a few ideas, please help me.

Mostly the concept of fittings is mind boggling for me. Also want to fact check before I spend hundreds of dollars on this.

Just because its relevant in the questions, my case is the Corsair 570x.

1. So I plan on using Primochill fittings, I need 2 for each component, so what I'm getting is 360 rad(2), GPU waterblock(2), CPU waterblock(2), D5 reservoir + Pump top (2) = 8 compression fittings in total. Am I right?

To my knowledge there is a in and out in the pump, would I need another fitting there? Or could I get away with top of reservoir and one outlet in D5 pump?

2. I have looked everywhere for 90 degree Primochill fittings, however, I don't think they offer any of the kind. Should I just use Bitspower fittings? If so, what is the exact 90 degree fitting I need to get just to make pretty curves on my system? I've seen a lot of variation and it is blowing my mind - female female, male male, female male Also, these fittings don't seem to specify a tube size, does it not matter?

3. Is a 360 thin rad not enough for a GPU and CPU? Should I get a 240 rad as well? (Going to run a 7900x so CPU should be really hot)

4. AIRFLOW: If I use two radiators, would both radiators be configured as exhaust? With just one fan on the back as intake? Or do I just treat it like the radiators aren't there? (I have 6 sp 120 RGB's)

These questions keep me awake at night, thanks in advanced for any help :)

The best response is to refer you to you-tuber Jayz2cants and do a little research for your self text cant rely put you a easy like video and demonstration.

2) bitspower is fine, size does not matter if you get the fittings that don't actually connect to the tubing so you have a 90 degree male to female connector and a fitting as well
3) It would be fine but if I was getting more than 1 I'd go with a pair of 240s as it will be easier to fit

4) Treat it like the radiator is not there but I normally take the amount of fans on a rad and divide it by 2 to work out how to balance the airflow

Please ask more questions if you are unsure (this isn't the best response if I'm honest)

Edited by jcw150

6 minutes ago, jcw150 said:

Thanks so much! You clarified a lot for me .. 

I almost drove myself crazy haha

2 minutes ago, NerfThis said:

Thanks so much! You clarified a lot for me .. 

I almost drove myself crazy haha

Just make sure you use a power supply that is outside and not connected to the system to bleed the loop as I didn't and got water in my PSU and nearly killed my entire system :)

Just now, jcw150 said:

Just make sure you use a power supply that is outside and not connected to the system to bleed the loop as I didn't and got water in my PSU and nearly killed my entire system :)

Oh no.. now I'm even more terrified 

3 minutes ago, NerfThis said:

If anything gets wet that shouldn't just turn off all the power and leave it for at least 24 hours and if you can put it somewhere warm do, if something is not turned on getting it wet will almost always be fine as long as you let it dry.

6 hours ago, NerfThis said:

Cover up your PSU with something and put paper towels below you fittings when leak testing.

Also, I would add a drain port in your loop as that would make changing your coolant so much easier.  

CPU: i7-12700KF Grill Plate Edition // MOBO: Asus Z690-PLUS WIFI D4 // RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz CL14 

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 FE // PSU: Corsair RM750i // CASE: Thermaltake Core X71 // BOOT: Samsung Evo 960 500GB

STORAGE: WD PC SN530 512GB + Samsung Evo 860 500GB // COOLING: Full custom loop // DISPLAY: LG 34UC89G-B

On 6/27/2017 at 3:15 AM, Limecat86 said:

Cover up your PSU with something and put paper towels below you fittings when leak testing.

Also, I would add a drain port in your loop as that would make changing your coolant so much easier.  

Yes! I plan on using a draining port. Just ordered the parts .. thanks for the advice!

37 minutes ago, NerfThis said:

Yes! I plan on using a draining port. Just ordered the parts .. thanks for the advice!

Please take note that primochill uses imperial exact tubing so you will need to source imperial exact fittings for the tubing to match.