Pump making a crackling noise...

Heya people, I have a rather simple question and it's just that my DDC 10W Pump is making a crackling noise.

From what I could gather it's something to do with air bubbles being in the loop but what do you guys think? 

The actual Pump is an alphacool Liang DDC310 with a XSPC res top. 

The loop:

Pump/res combo->cpu->gpu->rad one->rad two->Pump/res.

Thanks!

Edit: Should have stated how this loop was filled a month ago which the crackling noise only started in the past week or so. 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

it's the air bubbles being in the loop

try shaking it

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

2 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Heya people, I have a rather simple question and it's just that my DDC 10W Pump is making a crackling noise.

From what I could gather it's something to do with air bubbles being in the loop but what do you guys think? 

The actual Pump is an alphacool Liang DDC310 with a XSPC res top. 

The loop:

Pump/res combo->cpu->gpu->rad one->rad two->Pump/res.

Thanks!

Did the system just get filled or move around, it should stop fetter about a day once the bubbles have made their way out of the loop and into the res. 

Just now, W-L said:

Did the system just get filled or move around, it should stop fetter about a day once the bubbles have made their way out of the loop and into the res. 

@DXMember

Nope, it was filled a month ago(?) :D 

I probably should have stated how it started about a week ago...as when I first filled it, it made other noises, shook it a lot and 24 hours later, it was gone.

On a side note, I'll go edit OP ;) 

1 minute ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

@DXMember

I probably should have stated how it started about a week ago...as when I first filled it, it made other noises, shook it a lot and 24 hours later, it was gone.

tilt it and shake again

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

2 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

@DXMember

Do you have a clip of the noise when it's being made that might help, but crackling type noises usually are just caused by air bubbles. As suggested see if it's a trapped air pocket in the loop by giving it a shake. 

16 minutes ago, DXMember said:

tilt it and shake again

Sure, will give it a try... 

14 minutes ago, W-L said:

Do you have a clip of the noise when it's being made that might help, but crackling type noises usually are just caused by air bubbles. As suggested see if it's a trapped air pocket in the loop by giving it a shake. 

Ere ya go :D 

MOV_0003[1].mp4

On a side note, oh jeezus, uploading that on a 1mbps connection is painful...I mean when I had my old 75/19 connection, it would have taken seconds, not mins 

1 minute ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Sure, will give it a try... 

Ere ya go :D 

MOV_0003[1].mp4

On a side note, oh jeezus, uploading that on a 1mbps connection is painful...I mean when I had my old 75/19 connection, it would have taken seconds, not mins 

Hmm sounds kind of like air bubbles but a bit quiet tbh as the air bubbles going through tend to be fairly loud. There wouldn't be as easy way to check to see if it's something up with the pump by taking apart the loop but if you have a variable speed option on it seem if varying it gets rid of it. 

1 minute ago, W-L said:

Hmm sounds kind of like air bubbles but a bit quiet tbh as the air bubbles going through tend to be fairly loud. There wouldn't be as easy way to check to see if it's something up with the pump by taking apart the loop but if you have a variable speed option on it seem if varying it gets rid of it. 

I guess the best way to describe it is it kinda sounds like the noise of an electrical arc (when hearing it IRL).

(and @DXMember)

I'll try to give it a shake tomorrow :) 

@W-L

@DXMember

Just gave the system a nice shake, the sound is quieter and less 'frequent' however its still audible. Ah well, better than nothing :P