The end of cooling?

HI! I'm new here though I have watched a few of the videos. 

I have something I was wondering and forgive my technical ignorance if this is obvious. 

I have been following the kickstarter for the new NSG S0 case. The one that does not require any fans or power to cool the system just 40 pounds of AL. I looked at what CPU's and GPU's it can handle and apparently, short of a fire inside the case, it will stay cool inside no mater what. This got me thinking, if this case can keep all modern parts cool will it be able to keep everything in the future cool as well? For example if we all had the case would we never have to think about fans or tubes again? Or is it more likely that more powerful parts will shift the focus away from energy saving and require more cooling?

1 minute ago, yathis said:

Ask yourself this - Why isnt Intel or Coolermaster doing this?

Some random kickstarter scam

That isn't necessarily true actually. Several companies have tried passive air cooling and it works amazingly well. Like OP said it is very heavy and I think that is the #1 reason why it isn't more popular

⬇ - PC specs down below - ⬇

The Impossibox

CPU: (x2) Xeon X5690 12c/24t (6c/12t per cpu)

Motherboard: EVGA Super Record 2 (SR-2)

RAM: 48Gb (12x4gb) server DDR3 ECC

GPU: MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 6GB

Case: Modded Lian-LI PC-08

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500Gb and a 2Tb HDD

PSU: 1000W something or other I forget

Display(s): 24" Acer G246HL

Cooling: (x2) Corsair H100i v2

Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 LUX RGB MX Browns

Mouse: Logitech G600

Headphones: Sennheiser HD558

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Folding info so I don't lose it: 

WhisperingKnickers

Join us on the x58 page it is awesome!

x58 Fan Page

1 minute ago, WhisperingKnickers said:

Like OP said it is very heavy and I think that is the #1 reason why it isn't more popular

Well thats obvious you can cool anything with a block of copper and alum.

Not too realistic though is it.

6 minutes ago, yathis said:

Ask yourself this - Why isnt Intel or Coolermaster doing this?

Some random kickstarter scam

There have been lots of real tech reviews on this thing, it works, Linus has done videos on Calyos before, etc. Not a scam at all.

9 minutes ago, MrChaos said:

HI! I'm new here though I have watched a few of the videos. 

I have something I was wondering and forgive my technical ignorance if this is obvious. 

I have been following the kickstarter for the new NSG S0 case. The one that does not require any fans or power to cool the system just 40 pounds of AL. I looked at what CPU's and GPU's it can handle and apparently, short of a fire inside the case, it will stay cool inside no mater what. This got me thinking, if this case can keep all modern parts cool will it be able to keep everything in the future cool as well? For example if we all had the case would we never have to think about fans or tubes again? Or is it more likely that more powerful parts will shift the focus away from energy saving and require more cooling?

It's expensive, it's large, it's heavy, passive cooling can't handle higher-power electronics, adding components is difficult, etc. It's great if you want silence and can deal with all the other drawbacks.

3 minutes ago, WhisperingKnickers said:

That isn't necessarily true actually. Several companies have tried passive air cooling and it works amazingly well. Like OP said it is very heavy and I think that is the #1 reason why it isn't more popular

Three reasons money,money and again money. This an very expensive option where a cheap air cooler works fine

Human nature is cheap value, solid block copper/alum heat transfer is non of that. Its just some wonky left field thinking.

I'd rather have air cooling, over copper/alum heat sink, with a shit ton of fans. Surface area is the key!!!!

Yet-another-calyos vaporware system.

Also, their "testing" is a joke when they show AIO having better temperatures than "Watercooling".

Workstation:  13700k @ 5.5Ghz || Gigabyte Z790 Ultra || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || TeamGroup DDR5-7800 @ 7000 || Corsair AX1500i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

2 hours ago, AnonymousGuy said:

Yet-another-calyos vaporware system.

Also, their "testing" is a joke when they show AIO having better temperatures than "Watercooling".

Thats why its a scam!