EVGA Series Difference

Dreaper

What the fuck is like the difference between t2, P2. G3, G2, etc. Please help

Age. And I think the T2 is the flagship PSU, the G2 is just the older version of the G3, and IDK about the P2. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

Just now, Zando Bob said:

Age. And I think the T2 is the flagship PSU, the G2 is just the older version of the G3, and IDK about the P2. 

Which one do you recommended? i ordered a G3 one but it has really weird screw holes so i have to return it and get a different one 

1 minute ago, Dreaper said:

Which one do you recommended? i ordered a G3 one but it has really weird screw holes so i have to return it and get a different one 

honestly any EVGA PSU from a somewhat decent series is fine, just worry about PSU wattage and modularity.

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX 7900XT Triple Fan | G.Skill 32GB 2x D5 6000

Just now, Dreaper said:

Drat. I know the G3s are rock solid, and so are G2s. I'd just look at whatever one you want, the Google JohnnyGuru's review of it. G2 units get around a 9.8 to a 10 out of 10 from him. 

Main PC 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

Just now, Zando Bob said:

Drat. I know the G3s are rock solid, and so are G2s. I'd just look at whatever one you want, the Google JohnnyGuru's review of it. G2 units get around a 9.8 to a 10 out of 10 from him. 

it looks like the T2 is longer but idk

T=Titanium, P=Platinum, G=Gold efficiency.

Higher Number = Newer.

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

23 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

Does the Difference between Gold and Plat really that big of a difference, i can get a 1k watt psu for 149$ but its gold 

Just now, Dreaper said:

Does the Difference between Gold and Plat really that big of a difference, i can get a 1k watt psu for 149$ but its gold 

Platinum is a bit more efficient, so if you have crazy high electric bills or you're a performance freak, then you'll need it. Otherwise, Gold is fine. 

Main PC 

19 minutes ago, Dreaper said:

What the fuck is like the difference between t2, P2. G3, G2, etc. Please help

Titanium

Platinum

Gold

Bronze

Those refer to efficiency

Q

S

B

Q on the GQ is an FSP unit, Q on the BQ is FSP/HEC I think

2 is always a Super Flower unit

S is a Seasonic unit

B is an FSP unit

It's a little confusing

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

56 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

Titanium

Platinum

Gold

Bronze

Q

S

B

S is a Seasonic unit

B is an FSP unit

It's a little confusing

What is a super flower unit?

Yeah, I think saying that EVGA lineup are a little confusing is a understatement...lol

The BQ 500 / 600 are Andyson, while the BQ 650 / 750 / 850 are HEC - the modular version of the 700B.

There's also the GD which is the non-modular version of the FSP build GQ. Couldn't they make it easier to distinguished between modular units? Like, I don't know, M for modular and not D or Q? Or the more sensible GQ and GQ-M?

Oh, the random and forgettable Super Flower build BT and HEC build BV that only comes in 450w models. And let's not forget the N1 / W1 / B1 that based on the same HEC platform but cost-down from one another, that's all shoved in a $30-55 price point...

Like seriously, there's a problem, if their naming scheme is such a fucktasic mess that it seem EVGA themselves are confused as to what they are doing

6 minutes ago, Dreaper said:

What is a super flower unit?

Super Flower, Andyson, FSP, HEC, Etasis, etc. are OEMs. They are responsible for making the PSUs that EVGA sells.

3 minutes ago, quan289 said:

Yeah, I think saying that EVGA lineup are a little confusing is a understatement...lol

The BQ 500 / 600 are Andyson, while the BQ 650 / 750 / 850 are HEC - the modular version of the 700B.

There's also the GD which is the non-modular version of the FSP build GQ. Couldn't they make it easier to distinguished between modular units? Like, I don't know, M for modular and not D or Q? Or the more sensible GQ and GQ-M?

Oh, the random and forgettable Super Flower build BT and HEC build BV that only comes in 450w models. And let's not forget the N1 / W1 / B1 that based on the same HEC platform but cost-down from one another, that's all shoved in a $30-55 price point...

Like seriously, there's a problem, if their naming scheme is such a fucktasic mess that it seem EVGA themselves are confused as to what they are doing

Super Flower, Andyson, FSP, HEC, Etasis, etc. are OEMs. They are responsible for making the PSUs that EVGA sells.

My question is why the need more than two OEMs for all their PSUs. Surely they'd be fine with just Super Flower and FSP/Seasonic, right...?

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

3 hours ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

Titanium

Platinum

Gold

Bronze

Q

S

B

S is a Seasonic unit

B is an FSP unit

It's a little confusing

*BQ is Andyson and HEC

D (as in GD) is also FSP

1 (as in G1 also known as the NEX-G) is FSP

I really hate EVGA and their PSU lineup.

I'd went way off on a tangent with this post... lol Editing it.

16 hours ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

My question is why the need more than two OEMs for all their PSUs. Surely they'd be fine with just Super Flower and FSP/Seasonic, right...?

TBH, it’s not a bad idea to have more options to choose from to maximized profit, as well as built a good business relationship with multiples OEMs to make future releases go more smoothly. It’s a good thing that EVGA is looking at other OEMs.

My issue more has to do with how incomplete and out of placed some of their series are at the rate that they are coming out. It’s like they had gave full rein of the production of their PSUs to the OEMs (SF and the OEMs that they are sub-contracted to) and just putting out whatever they suggest. Basically, they are being too much of a dependent company and having the OEM define what they are.

3 hours ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

What evga power supply do you recommend?

4 minutes ago, Dreaper said:

What evga power supply do you recommend?

What will it be powering?

Just now, quan289 said:

What will it be powering?

GTX 1080 ti that has its own AIO, 6 core skylake x with custom loop P360 Kit, 16 gb-32gb of DDR4 3200 RAM, and some RBG lighting along with a mobo

1 hour ago, Dreaper said:

GTX 1080 ti that has its own AIO, 6 core skylake x with custom loop P360 Kit, 16 gb-32gb of DDR4 3200 RAM, and some RBG lighting along with a mobo

You could look at the EVGA Supernova G2 / G3, Corsair RMx / RMi, Bitfenix Whisper M, Seasonic Prime Gold / Platinum, etc.

Just now, quan289 said:

You could look at the EVGA Supernova G2 / G3, Corsair RMx / RMi, Bitfenix Whisper M, Seasonic Prime Gold / Platinum, etc.

Yea its down to the EVGA 1k watt G3 vs the EVGA 1k watt P2

1 hour ago, Dreaper said:

Why? Why 1kW, that's just stupid for most use cases (including yours).

2 hours ago, Dreaper said:

Why 1000W...? You planning on SLIng 1080 Tis?

You'd be fine with 650W.

3 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

You planning on SLIng 1080 Tis?

According to his previous post, yes.

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

8 hours ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

Titanium

Platinum

Gold

Bronze

Q

S

B

S is a Seasonic unit

B is an FSP unit

It's a little confusing

Don't forget 3

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.