SNES Class (Mini) - 21 games - dual controllers in the box

GoodBytes
Just now, TidaLWaveZ said:

a finalized mastered ROM that's an alpha version of the game

'Finalized mastered ROM and 'alpha version' is a contradiction of terms.

I also find it strange that you're saying that the prototype ROMs that are out there, which needed patching to even FUNCTION, were 'Finalized Mastered ROMs'.

Actual devs have confirmed that the Prototypes in the wild are just that, prototypes, with many things missing:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/05/a_totally_complete_version_of_star_fox_2_really_does_exist

2 minutes ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

Not necessarily, at this point we're sitting on a finalized mastered ROM that's an alpha version of the game as it was before the the game was canned in favor of an N64 version.

Anything that's changed at this point will not be completed by the original crew and though it's true that it will mark the first official release by Nintendo, they are just going to do the same thing the fans did to patch the ROM (bug fixes and language translation).

Agreed. I highly doubt Nintendo did anything to the game beside localization and bug fixes. I doubt they tweak the game play or did optimization work or anything. Not worth it for them to do so, not unless it is a near full priced standalone game, in my opinion.

As interested as I should be in this, Nintendo seems to come up short a lot these days. As with the NES Classic, there is a lot more opportunity with the SNES Classic as well. I understand not wanting to undermine their latest and greatest and the aspect of putting so much into a nostalgic product, but there's a lot of utility in their old products and they could have leveraged their old IP to include game purchases and/or larger libraries, among a lot of other things.

Given their approach, a lot of people will be content with just running their Pis. 

I'm going to need to convince myself not to get this. This is right in the nostalgia bomb territory.

20 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

'Finalized mastered ROM and 'alpha version' is a contradiction of terms.

I also find it strange that you're saying that the prototype ROMs that are out there, which needed patching to even FUNCTION, were 'Finalized Mastered ROMs'.

Actual devs have confirmed that the Prototypes in the wild are just that, prototypes, with many things missing:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/05/a_totally_complete_version_of_star_fox_2_really_does_exist

Well, then I'm misinterpreting what I've been reading because the way I have read it is that a prototype ROM was initially leaked that was clearly missing things including multiplayer and since then another ROM has leaked that fills in all the gaps.

Since the alpha phase is the last phase before production and this game never made it to production, I'd assume any finalized mastered ROM would be the game as it were in it's alpha phase which is basically incomplete.

I do get what you're talking about now, didn't realize anyone had claimed the game had been fully completed.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

Not being able to add games is a deal breaker for me however, I'll buy a few in hopes that Nintendo didnt learn from the NES Classic and the SNES Classic will be going for $200+ on ebay.

PC Audio Setup = Beyerdynamic DT 770 pro 80 ohm and Sennheiser pc37x (also for xbox) hooked up to Schiit Fulla 3

4 minutes ago, weez said:

Not being able to add games is a deal breaker for me however, I'll buy a few in hopes that Nintendo didnt learn from the NES Classic and the SNES Classic will be going for $200+ on ebay.

Well, people managed to hack the NES Classic to upload all NES games. I am sure this SNES uses identical hardware to the NES Classic. Probably you can do the same with some tweaking to the currently made tools, unless Nintendo blocked that now.

i will probably be buying a few for myself and friends if i can get my hands on them this time, the nes classic was just impossible to find for a fair price around my area

CPU:R7 5800X    Motherboard: asrock x470 taichi ultimate   RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws-V 2X16GB    GPU: Gigabyte GTX1080TI gaming oc 11g   Case: Corsair 600Q Storage: 1TB Samsung 870(boot), samsung 850evo 500GB, 2TB Corsair MX500, samsung 2TB 970 evo plus, WD 5TB black    PSU: Corsair AX860    CPU cooling: Corsair H105

I wonder if they will continue this trend in coming years with N64 and gamecube. Probably not post-gamecube though due to online stuff coming into the picture as well as the wii's unique playstyle.

So, a whole bunch of ass holes are going to buy these for $80 and sell them for $160 on Amazon, just watch. Thats one of the reasons I didnt get the NES classic. Because we all know Nintendo is going to keep the supply low and the demand high. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Just now, Okjoek said:

I wonder if they will continue this trend in coming years with N64 and gamecube. Probably not post-gamecube though due to online stuff coming into the picture as well as the wii's unique playstyle.

Well the GameCube would need an HDD, and the game licenses would be high. Not to mention the hardware needed for emulation. The Switch can do it, but not anything slower properly to my knowledge. So maybe MUCH later, yes.

2 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Well the GameCube would need an HDD, and the game licenses would be high. Not to mention the hardware needed for emulation. The Switch can do it, but not anything slower properly to my knowledge. So maybe MUCH later, yes.

I'd just love it to have Pokemon Gale of Darkness. I simply play fan-made Pokemon games nowadays because they're free and we all know how expensive this sort of commodity was last time.

44 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Well, people managed to hack the NES Classic to upload all NES games. I am sure this SNES uses identical hardware to the NES Classic. Probably you can do the same with some tweaking to the currently made tools, unless Nintendo blocked that now.

I'll look into that

PC Audio Setup = Beyerdynamic DT 770 pro 80 ohm and Sennheiser pc37x (also for xbox) hooked up to Schiit Fulla 3

2 hours ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

Yep, if I'm not mistaken the game was basically completed but it was scrapped in favor of moving development to the Nintendo 64. The game is pretty cool actually and the ROM is readily available, well at least it was before the news of the SNES classic.

Nah, not even close. I have the ROM in my collection, its marked as beta, has no opening menu and goes straight to a level select screen, every level is unfinished, there's no UI and the sound also is borked.

If Nintendo have finished it properly that's a HUGE deal tbh.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Woo look at that game list! The best of the best are here except for Chrono Trigger and Zombies Ate My Neighbors.

Just now, dexT said:

Woo look at that game list! The best of the best are here except for Chrono Trigger and Zombies Ate my Neighbors.

But.. but... Shaq Fu

20 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Nah, not even close. I have the ROM in my collection, its marked as beta, has no opening menu and goes straight to a level select screen, every level is unfinished, there's no UI and the sound also is borked.

If Nintendo have finished it properly that's a HUGE deal tbh.

I imagine that preservationists will rip one of these boxes open JUST to secure the ROM and preserve it.

1 hour ago, GoodBytes said:

My big question... will the NA model yellow like the original did? :D

That would certainly help the Super Nintendo Chalmers up there.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Just now, Nicholatian said:

Not really. Something being finalised and mastered has a specific context in the world of publishing… it’s less to do with the game being final and more to do with the ROM package being final, approved by Lotcheck, and things of that nature.

How is any of that describe an ALPHA?

Just now, Nicholatian said:

The alpha was meant to be published? What, you can’t connect those two things together or something? It’s not unheard of to publish unfinished games – look at Minecraft.

...So... You're trying to compare a 1990's console game that would be burned into ROM chips and packaged inside of cartridges for resale with a contemporary game, in constant development, that is distributed digitally (for the most part)...

This is just trolling right?

4 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

HOLY Pineapple! It's True, I skipped it! Star Fox 2 was never released! So you can say that t has a new game made for it.

Whats more amazing is that this will likely the be the actual final game that included rouge like elements. Not the pre-final beta that has been going around and being produced on carts. 

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX