SNES Class (Mini) - 21 games - dual controllers in the box

GoodBytes

Nintendo announces the SNES Classic following the success of the NES Classic that was previously released.

The console is a bit more expensive than NES model, however it features what most qualifies as better number of high profile games, however lower numbers. It also includes 2x SNES controllers in the box instead of only one. The console, like its predecessor feature HDMI connectivity.

Officially called the Super NES Classic Edition, it will be available starting September 29th, 2017 for $79.99 US ($105.98 Can doing a quick conversion with current Canadian currency value.. so it should vary between 100 to 110$ Canadian, I believe).

The list of games is as follows, reported by The Verge:

• Contra III: The Alien Wars
  • Donkey Kong Country
  • EarthBound
  • Final Fantasy III
  • F-ZERO
  • Kirby Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
  • Mega Man X
  • Secret of Mana
  • Star Fox
  • Star Fox 2 (NEW! Was never released to the SNES days)
  • Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting
  • Super Castlevania IV
  • Super Ghouls ’n Ghosts
  • Super Mario Kart
  • Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Metroid
  • Super Punch-Out!!
  • Yoshi’s Island

2 Models will exists as we know so far.

North America will get the Super Nintendo system look of the area:

jpg.jpg.857333491b85cf334cf6be4c4272b52b.jpg

And Europe and Asia will get the following design:

jpg_eur.jpg.e086ef203cb54c50e22d77e03c540c15.jpg

Source: https://www.theverge.com/2017/6/26/15874154/nintendo-snes-classic-edition-release-date-price-announced

Nintendo while confirmed the news and provided the information, no mention as of yet on Nintendo website at the moment of posting.

Office Nintendo release page: http://www.nintendo.com/super-nes-classic

Thanks @AG1233

Update: The system will have 5 feet long cables for the controller. The NES Classic had only 3 feet long ones.

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2017/6/26/15875718/nintendo-snes-classic-controller-cable-length

Update 2:

I do think 80$ is a little steep but if they can actually make it available in the market rather than being sold out everywhere I don't think people would mind paying a little extra.

Also the release of Star fox 2 on this console is a good thing as well.

Also I hope Nintendo makes the cord of the controller longer than what they made on NES classic those things were tiny.

Edited by AG1233

The Super Famicon/PAL Super Nintendo looks so much better than the American variant.

Still don't get why they changed the design for the American market.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

1 minute ago, AG1233 said:

I do think 80$ is a little steep but if they can actually make it available in the market rather than being sold out everywhere I don't think people wouldn't mind paying a little extra.

Also the release of Star fox 2 on this console is a good thing as well.

Also I hope Nintendo makes the cord of the controller longer than what they made on NES classic those things were tiny.

HOLY Pineapple! It's True, I skipped it! Star Fox 2 was never released! So you can say that t has a new game made for it.

1 minute ago, GoodBytes said:

HOLY Pineapple! It's True, I skipped it! Star Fox 2 was never released! So you can say that t has a new game made for it.

Yup people were able to find some roms for it I believe online but it never came out officially.

I know you can pretty much do this with emus, but damn, I want need this. :D

2 minutes ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

The Super Famicon/PAL Super Nintendo looks so much better than the American variant.

Still don't get why they changed the design for the American market.

'cause at the time, bigger was better in the NA market mentality, and square boxes was fashionable.  The lack of colors also made the system look mature, an important thing that Nintendo needed to do to compete against Sega which was targeting the more mature audience.

1 minute ago, NCIX Lampy said:

Didn't the discontinue a previous one or something? 

They have (but I'll be surprised if the hardware inside is different from the NES model), I am sure someone will make a hack to allow more ROM uploads to the system, and possibly NES games as well.

7 minutes ago, AG1233 said:

but if they can actually make it available in the market

Hahahaha

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

my raspberry pi 2 is still holding up, you can get Starfox 2 ROM if you search it up online, someone even patched it. 

5 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

2 minutes ago, AG1233 said:

Yup people were able to find some roms for it I believe online but it never came out officially.

Yep, if I'm not mistaken the game was basically completed but it was scrapped in favor of moving development to the Nintendo 64. The game is pretty cool actually and the ROM is readily available, well at least it was before the news of the SNES classic.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

1 minute ago, Castdeath97 said:

Hahahaha

the thing about Nintendo is, they can't even meet the current switch demand, now they are re-releasing another console. 

1 minute ago, Arcmanov said:

I know you can pretty much do this with emus, but damn, I want need this. :D

I want it to. Nice things to put next to the TV, certification by Nintendo that the game plays identically to the original release, official controllers (hopefully decent length cable)

3 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

'cause at the time, bigger was better in the NA market mentality, and square boxes was fashionable.  The lack of colors also made the system look mature, an important thing that Nintendo needed to do to compete against Sega which was targeting the more mature audience.

You're pretty much spot on, I just got done reading the Kotaku article saying why the designer changed it.

3 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

the thing about Nintendo is, they can't even meet the current switch demand, now they are re-releasing another console. 

Apparently the big problem is the 32GB storage chip of Toshiba, where Apple gets first pick.

I don't know why they don't just get 64GB chip and just release it as a new model. I guess they want to keep that for some sort of new revision coming next year or something, probably feature a newer Tegra chip, but speed locked down for a focus on similar performance to the original Switch (XBox One S style), and focus on extending battery of the system.

4 minutes ago, Castdeath97 said:

Hahahaha

Let a man dream :(

2 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

I may be wrong about this but I read somewhere the switch demand is low due to the storage being bought by apple or something so this thing shouldn't have the same issue but they need to produce it in large quantities that's for sure.

I'll buy it so I can play Earthbound for less than $180. Star Fox 2 sounds cool, but if it's like the original Star Fox (FPS barely leaving the tens,) I won't play it for very long. FF III, Yoshi's Island, Super Castlevania IV, and Super Punch-Out!! are all games that I don't yet have for my dad's SNES, so it would be really cool to play them too.

I used to be quite active here.

6 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Apparently the big problem is the 32GB storage chip of Toshiba, where Apple gets first pick.

I don't know why they don't just get 64GB chip and just release it as a new model. I guess they want to keep that for some sort of new revision coming next year or something, probably feature a newer Tegra chip, but speed locked down for a focus on similar performance to the original Switch (XBox One S style), and focus on extending battery of the system.

yea, i just watched the digital foundry video on it, the new chip should bring it closer to the Xbox one( theoretically better but realistically closer to xbox one)  while having lower power consumption. 

source- 

15 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

my raspberry pi 2 is still holding up, you can get Starfox 2 ROM if you search it up online, someone even patched it. 

By 'Starfox 2 ROM' you mean 'Prototype' and by 'Patched' you mean 'Someone slapped it back into working order as best as they could guess it should work'.

That is in itself a valiant effort, but this will actually mark the first release of the finished code.  It will be rather interesting to see the Prototypes and finished code to compare them, but patched prototypes are still not the finished product.

12 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

yea, i just watched the digital foundry video on it, the new chip should bring it closer to the Xbox one( theoretically better but realistically closer to xbox one)  while having lower power consumption.

Yea, but I doubt that they'll do this.. performance will definitely be locked down reducing heat, noise, and increase battery life.

That is assuming that they'll release it next year, and not 3+ years from now and do something like "The New 3DS" model.

This is Nintendo we're talking about.  They kinda have a penchant for iterating on their mobile devices.

We'll definitely see at least one more Switch SKU in its lifetime.

17 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

By 'Starfox 2 ROM' you mean 'Prototype' and by 'Patched' you mean 'Someone slapped it back into working order as best as they could guess it should work'.

That is in itself a valiant effort, but this will actually mark the first release of the finished code.  It will be rather interesting to see the Prototypes and finished code to compare them, but patched prototypes are still not the finished product.

Not necessarily, at this point we're sitting on a finalized mastered ROM that's an alpha version of the game as it was before the the game was canned in favor of an N64 version.

Anything that's changed at this point will not be completed by the original crew and though it's true that it will mark the first official release by Nintendo, they are just going to do the same thing the fans did to patch the ROM (bug fixes and language translation).