PC Monitor keeps loosing connection when playing certain games

Hello everyone! I'm new to this forum so if I posted this at the wrong section, please forgive me. Anyways, I'm having this really weird problem with my computer. When I play certain games, my monitor says something like "No connection". The games I've experienced this with as of now is: Portal 2, Gmod, ABZÛ, Doom 4 (Demo). I've read about it online but I didn't really find anyone who seemed to juts have this problem with certain games. I mean, I guess it would make more sense if this happen'd to all games I play on my computer, but it just happens' to some of them. Im currently not home so in case you guys want me to check or do anything. I can't do that right now (as or writing this), Here are the specs I know I have:

Intel Core i5-6400
DDR4 8G
NVIDIA GeForce GTX950M 2GB
SSD 256GB

And you might say "Just return it to where you bought it" (yes its a prebuilt one from the store) , But I can't do that. The reason for that is because I opened it once to put in more RAM, which didn't fit (rip). There was a "warranty voided if removed" sticker on it, but I didn't care because I didn't think of it that much. So I probably can't return it, I could try telling them I did it to clean it, but I highly doub't that would work. (BTW my mom bought the pc for me).

I've tried to restore the PC, but I get the error message "Could not restore" or something like that. So I've been thinking about downloading Windows 10 on a USB and installing it that way. So the point is. I need this fixed. Please help me!

And I highly doubt it's the monitor because after my monitor crashes (sometimes) when I boot it (the computer) up again the monitor looks all weird with just a white line on the screen, the rest is black, then I think there's some more colours in the right-up corner. So if any of you know what I can do to fix this or have any ideas, please let me now. I want this fixed!

Thank you for taking your time to read all this.

Could you upload a foto of the lines on your monitor? It could be a monitor problem but it would suprise me.

Sounds like your GPU is fucked up. If you are lucky it is just the driver. Try to reinstall the gpu driver.

I'l do that when I get home. It might take a few weeks before I get home. Thanks for the reply

Although I did reinstall the drivers once but I didn't use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller), But I'l try that when I got home as well, but I'l first upload a picture.

And I think that when I did the failed restore I't did remove all the programs but I don't remeber.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm home now and I recorded a video of it with my phone, hope this helps to identify the problem! (oh and by the way I did try to use DDU but it didn't fix the problem)

screen.mp4 

On 14.7.2017 at 10:41 AM, lonleyspoon said:

I'm home now and I recorded a video of it with my phone, hope this helps to identify the problem! (oh and by the way I did try to use DDU but it didn't fix the problem)

screen.mp4 

Your GPU has some major issues. I'd try to install a fresh copy of windows. If this does not fix it, it is either the power supply not giving enough power to the gpu or the gpu is defect, most likely the latter. Try reinstalling windows first though, it is worth a shot.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-07-17 at 10:38 PM, Schakal_No1 said:

Your GPU has some major issues. I'd try to install a fresh copy of windows. If this does not fix it, it is either the power supply not giving enough power to the gpu or the gpu is defect, most likely the latter. Try reinstalling windows first though, it is worth a shot.

could I try to first dualboot windows 8 or should I just go with Windws 10 at once?!

On 27.7.2017 at 0:05 PM, lonleyspoon said:

could I try to first dualboot windows 8 or should I just go with Windws 10 at once?!

Either one will do for this test.