Looking for the Best value open year headphones for me

LOST TALE

Shipping location: Montreal (Canada)

Headset will be used primarily for communication; will not be used as default device meaning no music or game audio

This also means the microphone is very important. Audibility of the spoken and heard is the prime purpose.

Headset has to be open ear, light headset desired, cables I don't mind. Open ear because I have to be able to hear my speakers without the sound effect (loss of high pitch sounds) of having ears closed by another headset.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

4 minutes ago, LOST TALE said:

Shipping location: Montreal (Canada)

Headset will be used primarily for communication; will not be used as default device meaning no music or game audio

This also means the microphone is very important. Audibility of the spoken and heard is the prime purpose.

Headset has to be open ear, light headset desired, cables I don't mind. Open ear because I have to be able to hear my speakers without the sound effect (loss of high pitch sounds) of having ears closed by another headset.

budget? i recommend the sennheiser g4me one all day every day.

5 minutes ago, MrJarhead said:

budget is max 100CAD, would prefer something in the low 20-40 range. and if anything, a lower price is intrinsically preferable, always. 

Also those are closed ear it seems, which doesn't work.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

14 minutes ago, LOST TALE said:

budget is max 100CAD, would prefer something in the low 20-40 range. and if anything, a lower price is intrinsically preferable, always. 

Also those are closed ear it seems, which doesn't work.

theyre open back, the g4me zero are closed back.

Hmm I never heard of that. Still, it's too expensive, and besides, would any of it be noticeable in VOIP?

I figured value went down as the price went up, by subjective measures.

9 minutes ago, MrJarhead said:

theyre open back, the g4me zero are closed back.

open.. back, is it the same as open ear?

Hyper X cloud II's for ~$100

Sennheiser GSP 300's for ~$80

Steelseries Arctis 3's for~$50

Don't forget to quote me (or someone else), otherwise we aren't going to receive your answers...

~Jano

10 minutes ago, Janocte said:

Hyper X cloud II's for ~$100

Sennheiser GSP 300's for ~$80

Steelseries Arctis 3's for~$50

$79.99 & FREE Shipping. Details

Want cheaper than this. Also, it looks like it's closed year. I want something physically more akin to logitech h340

57 minutes ago, MrJarhead said:

why would you ever buy that when you can just buy a pair of HD 558's and then pick up a mod mic or something like that while still being cheaper than the headset version of the 558's (game one).

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

Just now, Dackzy said:

why would you ever buy that when you can just buy a pair of HD 558's and then pick up a mod mic or something like that while still being cheaper than the headset version of the 558's (game one).

i have the ad700x and a blue yeti, what you telling me for? he asked for a headset, i gave him an idea...

Still looking. I mean I might end up buying the h340 again or that one that broke down after some time but had an amazing mic (because it was too crappy to pick out any noise other than my mouth 10/10)

help a newb.

7 minutes ago, MrJarhead said:

i have the ad700x and a blue yeti, what you telling me for? he asked for a headset, i gave him an idea...

I am telling you that it is a stupid idea to buy a headset if you want the best value. I don't care if you have AD700x's

now @LOST TALE Is there anything you look for regarding sound? granted you don't have a lot of options in this budget.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

3 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

I am telling you that it is a stupid idea to buy a headset if you want the best value. I don't care if you have AD700x's

now @LOST TALE Is there anything you look for regarding sound? granted you don't have a lot of options in this budget.

I'm only going to use it to hear other people's voices, so as-long as my brain can comfortably decode what their saying as compared to other headsets, I wouldn't give an extra dime. everything else should to to the mic and durability.

13 minutes ago, LOST TALE said:

I'm only going to use it to hear other people's voices, so as-long as my brain can comfortably decode what their saying as compared to other headsets, I wouldn't give an extra dime. everything else should to to the mic and durability.

oh wow, things are expensive over there. Okay you could get a pair of Superlux HD 681 they run about 40 CAD, they are a bit bright sounding, but they are semi-open so you can hear things that are going on around you. For microphone you could get something like the blue snowball or CAD Audio U37, they are both USB. This should fit within your 100 cad budget and if you aren't into desktop microphones then you could get a lavalier microphone, like the Sony ECMCS3 or on the cheaper side Zalman Zm-Mic1, but both of these microphones run over a 3.5mm jack so the likelihood of static is bigger than it is with the USB microphones.

The AKG K 240 might also be an option, but they cost about 90 CAD.

40 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

no need to be rude is there.

if the guy is asking for a headset, hes asking for a headset, dont start being a dick about it, dont take kindly to people like that.

18 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

oh wow, things are expensive over there. Okay you could get a pair of Superlux HD 681 they run about 40 CAD, they are a bit bright sounding, but they are semi-open so you can hear things that are going on around you. For microphone you could get something like the blue snowball or CAD Audio U37, they are both USB. This should fit within your 100 cad budget and if you aren't into desktop microphones then you could get a lavalier microphone, like the Sony ECMCS3 or on the cheaper side Zalman Zm-Mic1, but both of these microphones run over a 3.5mm jack so the likelihood of static is bigger than it is with the USB microphones.

The AKG K 240 might also be an option, but they cost about 90 CAD.

ok to be clear, I want fully open headset. It's important. I'm not sure how semi is going to affect my hearing of my speakers, but it's likely going to eb worse and more expensive.

I didn't know what people would recommend here, but I'm looking for a 

I had this before. Is there something better or cheaper?

https://www.amazon.ca/Logitech-Headset-Internet-Calls-Music/dp/B008X3JGSI

and to everyone thanks for trying to help

I realize I was mistaken about my udnerstanding of open ear, what I mean is, minimal obstruction of outside noise. or something that won't muffle the sound of my speakers. 

2 minutes ago, LOST TALE said:

ok to be clear, I want fully open headset. It's important. I'm not sure how semi is going to affect my hearing of my speakers, but it's likely going to eb worse and more expensive.

I didn't know what people would recommend here, but I'm looking for a 

I had this before. Is there something better or cheaper?

https://www.amazon.ca/Logitech-Headset-Internet-Calls-Music/dp/B008X3JGSI

and to everyone thanks for trying to help

semi open is basically just open, not a lot of audio reduction for things going on around you... Also, those you linked aren't even open, they are just on ear and isolate badly.

You could get a pair of Koss porta pro's or KSC75 and then also buy one on the lavalier mics I recommended earlier. You could also get a pair of Status Audio OB-1 those are fully open, but also 100 CAD so with a mic it is going to above your budget.

The closest I can find to the one you linked that is open and uses USB are these

https://www.amazon.ca/Sennheiser-506481-Professional-Dual-Sided-Headset/dp/B0160W3P58/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1498499716&sr=8-2-fkmr0&keywords=SC+260+ATC%2FC3

Isolate badly: what does that mean?

My issue is if I buy a desktop headset is that people will more hear my speakers than my voice. Are my concerns correct? Otherwise I wouldn't mind.

5 hours ago, LOST TALE said:

Isolate badly: what does that mean?

My issue is if I buy a desktop headset is that people will more hear my speakers than my voice. Are my concerns correct? Otherwise I wouldn't mind.

Doesn't isolate outside noise, IE open, IE what you are looking for.

A desktop mic will pick up speakers, but why are you using speakers if you have headphones?
Do note open headphones don't let in all sound, your speakers wont sound good.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

2 hours ago, spwath said:

Doesn't isolate outside noise, IE open, IE what you are looking for.

A desktop mic will pick up speakers, but why are you using speakers if you have headphones?
Do note open headphones don't let in all sound, your speakers wont sound good.

Well if they're pretty open then it's still good right? h340 for reference http://www.logitech.com/en-roeu/product/usb-headset-h340

The reason I use speakers is because I found it clearer to hear both game sounds and VOIP when they were coming from seperate audio devices than when coming from a single device.

Also I forgot to submit the post that what I thought open ear meant, wasn't the conventional definition (I think) and it just meant giving air access to the drivers.