Not Optimum Mode, Recommended Mode 1366x768 60Hz. HOW TO FIX?

Hey guys,

When I boot up my PC, after showing the windows logo, the monitor goes black and a box saying "Not Optimum Mode, Recommended More 1366x768 60Hz" pops up. I have a Samsung SyncMaster S19B150 monitor and I'm running Windows 10 on a i7 860 and a GTX 750ti 2 GB card. How do i fix it?

What kind of cable are you using? Do you get into windows as normal after the message or does it just stay black?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please聽馃え

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

16 hours ago, Sauron said:

What kind of cable are you using? Do you get into windows as normal after the message or does it just stay black?

I'm using a VGA cable. No, the desktop doesnt come on the monitor. After the windows logo, instead of opening the deskptop screen, the monitor becomes black and stays black apart from the box that says , "Not optimum mode, Recommended mode 1366x768 60Hz".

Just now, a-jain said:

I'm using a VGA cable. No, the desktop doesnt come on the monitor. After the windows logo, instead of opening the deskptop screen, the monitor becomes black and stays black apart from the box that says , "Not optimum mode, Recommended mode 1366x768 60Hz".

1366x768@60 is very close to the max throughput of a VGA cable in most cases. Not to be patronising, but are you trying to run 1080p over VGA ? it is a thing, technically, but practically, just no

Home PC:

CPU: i7 4790s ~ Motherboard: Asus B85M-E ~ RAM: 32GB Ballistix Sport DDR3 1666 ~ GPU: Sapphire R9 390 Nitro ~ Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-03 ~ Storage: Kingston Predator 240GB 聽 PCIE M.2 Boot, 2TB HDD, 3x 480GB SATA SSD's in RAID 0 ~ PSU:聽聽 聽Corsair CX600
Display(s): Asus PB287Q , Generic Samsung 1080p 22" ~ Cooling: Arctic T3 Air Cooler, All case fans replaced with Noctua NF-B9 Redux's ~ Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion ~ Mouse: Cheap Microsoft Wired (i like it) ~ Sound: Radial Pro USB DAC into 250w Powered Speakers ~ Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise x64

Work PC:

CPU: Intel Xeon E3 1275 v3聽~ Motherboard: Asrock聽E3C226D2I ~ RAM: 16GB DDR3 ~ GPU: GTX 460 ~ Case: Silverstone SG05 ~ Storage: 512GB SATA SSD ~ Displays: 3x1080p 24" mix and matched Dell monitors plus a 10" 1080p lilliput monitor above ~ Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise x64

13 minutes ago, DnFx91 said:

15 minutes ago, a-jain said:

1366x768@60 is very close to the max throughput of a VGA cable in most cases. Not to be patronising, but are you trying to run 1080p over VGA ? it is a thing, technically, but practically, just no

No I'm not trying to run 1080p. Although in my GPU overclocking software (ASUS GPU Tweak) , there was an option to set monitor refresh rate. Just to see what happens, I set it to 144Hz. After that screen went black. Maybe thats the issue?

32 minutes ago, a-jain said:

The cable might be damaged, using a digital cable (dvi) or simply a different one could show whether it is the problem or not. If you have access to a different monitor, try using that.

31 minutes ago, DnFx91 said:

That's not true, VGA can do up to 2048x1536@85hz depending on the cable and the monitor. 1366x768@60hz should not give any sort of problem. I've run 1080p monitors on vga multiple times, no problem.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

33 minutes ago, Sauron said:

The cable might be damaged, using a digital cable (dvi) or simply a different one could show whether it is the problem or not. If you have access to a different monitor, try using that.

That's not true, VGA can do up to 2048x1536@85hz depending on the cable and the monitor. 1366x768@60hz should not give any sort of problem. I've run 1080p monitors on vga multiple times, no problem.

man you just completely ignored the intentional qualifiers in my comment didnt you.

"in most cases"

"technically but not practically"

check yo self before you wreck yo self son.

Home PC:

CPU: i7 4790s ~ Motherboard: Asus B85M-E ~ RAM: 32GB Ballistix Sport DDR3 1666 ~ GPU: Sapphire R9 390 Nitro ~ Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-03 ~ Storage: Kingston Predator 240GB 聽 PCIE M.2 Boot, 2TB HDD, 3x 480GB SATA SSD's in RAID 0 ~ PSU:聽聽 聽Corsair CX600
Display(s): Asus PB287Q , Generic Samsung 1080p 22" ~ Cooling: Arctic T3 Air Cooler, All case fans replaced with Noctua NF-B9 Redux's ~ Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion ~ Mouse: Cheap Microsoft Wired (i like it) ~ Sound: Radial Pro USB DAC into 250w Powered Speakers ~ Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise x64

Work PC:

CPU: Intel Xeon E3 1275 v3聽~ Motherboard: Asrock聽E3C226D2I ~ RAM: 16GB DDR3 ~ GPU: GTX 460 ~ Case: Silverstone SG05 ~ Storage: 512GB SATA SSD ~ Displays: 3x1080p 24" mix and matched Dell monitors plus a 10" 1080p lilliput monitor above ~ Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise x64

1 hour ago, DnFx91 said:

man you just completely ignored the intentional qualifiers in my comment didnt you.

"in most cases"

"technically but not practically"

check yo self before you wreck yo self son.

Neither is true, because MOST vga cables and monitors have no problem running the advertised resolution, both in theory AND in practice. Unless, of course, either is defective - but that wasn't among your "qualifiers", was it? I suggest you stop trying to defend a false statement on semantics.

Edited by wkdpaul
Cleaned up

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Guys, I can run my PC with a HDMI cable hooked up to a TV screen.聽

• 1 year later...

PARA SOLUCIONAR ESO SOLO HAY QUE PONER UNA PANTALLA CON MAS RESOLUCION COMO UNO QUE SEA FULL HD Y AI YA TE APARECE LA PANTALLA